• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Warriors loss will be the best thing that happened to them all year...

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs are the most cohesive team in the league, this was not a surprise to me at all. Kerr expected it im sure. Great learning tool.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs are the most cohesive team in the league, this was not a surprise to me at all. Kerr expected it im sure. Great learning tool.

Maybe not surprised by the Spurs winning... but winning by 29? I don't think I believe anyone that says that result didn't surprise them.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be, still losing to the Spurs is not something to be ashamed of. They have the Pelicans tomorrow night and the Suns on monday, if they're not 2 and 1 after those games then there could be trouble.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well your being delusional.

if you really think McCaw will produce this season as a rookie on a title contender- come up with a bet and let me know.

I mean- the funny thing is- y ou didnt say i am wrong- becuase you know i am right.

point to a couple examples of rookies that made meaningful contributions on championship contending teams- ESPECIALLY ones from the 2nd round.

its just funny- because i am confident that 5-6 months from now at the end of the season i will be quoting this post and i will be absolutely 100% percent right- and you will once again look like a complete fool

And its not like i have anything against McCaw- its simply applying very SIMPLE and BASIC logic. 2nd round picks almost NEVER help. McCaw will NOT be the exception. Book it.

Here is the thing though. You aren't even talking about the player. You are stating that 2nd round picks never help good teams, so McCaw has no chance of contributing. Had you just said that, everything would be cool. You have your opinion , I have mine.

But no. You resort to name calling and continue to say anybody who thinks McCaw will do anything is "delusional" based on the fact that he was a second round pick.

Well, guess what? Plenty of outstanding players have started as second rounders Draymond Green was one. I do not think McCaw will play a ton as a rookie, but I do think he will contribute when he does. I don't know, nor do I care what your definition of "produce" is, but I can only assume it is tied to some level of statistical offensive accumulation which I have not said one word about. McCaw's defensive energy can and will be an asset for the Warriors when they choose to use him. I think it should have been sooner on Tuesday.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeAndre Jordan
Rashard Lewis
Paul Millsap
Marc Gasol
Draymond Green
Gilbert Arenas
Manu Ginobli
Isaiah Thomas
Carlos Boozer
Clifford Robinson
Montae Ellis
Mo Williams
Lou Williams
Trevor Ariza
Marcin Gortat
Danny Green
Kyle Korver
Chandler Parsons
Khris Middleton
Goran Dragic

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeAndre Jordan
Rashard Lewis
Paul Millsap
Marc Gasol
Draymond Green
Gilbert Arenas
Manu Ginobli
Isaiah Thomas
Carlos Boozer
Montae Ellis
Mo Williams
Lou Williams
Trevor Ariza
Marcin Gortat
Danny Green
Kyle Korver
Chandler Parsons
Khris Middleton
Goran Dragic

If you're wondering why in the world I listed all these players. This is just a small sample of 2nd round picks who obviously has helped their teams throughout their career. But remember folks according to wiggy, 2nd round picks almost never help

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick Beverly
Patty Mills
Hassan Whiteside
Jae Crowder
Will Barton
Allen Crabbe
Jordan Clarkson
Nikola Jokic
Brandon Bass
Ilyasova
Amir Johnson
Anderson Varejao
Mo Williams
Zaza Pachulia
Matt Barnes
Luis Scola

Just your friendly reminder that 2nd round picks almost never help

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeAndre Jordan
Rashard Lewis
Paul Millsap
Marc Gasol
Draymond Green
Gilbert Arenas
Manu Ginobli
Isaiah Thomas
Carlos Boozer
Clifford Robinson
Montae Ellis
Mo Williams
Lou Williams
Trevor Ariza
Marcin Gortat
Danny Green
Kyle Korver
Chandler Parsons
Khris Middleton
Goran Dragic
caqn u guys name a 2nd round rookie that made an impact on a championship caliber team? I sure cant.

Like Rondo did- but it was his 2nd year. Delly played big minutes in the Finals because of injury but it was his 2nd year. The precedent is just very very weak- I would be extremely interested to see an example or two- but i suspect they are far and few between- and nothing i have seen leads me to believe McCaw will be any different.

If anyone thinks otherwise- come up with a bet. Id be GLAD to take it. Guy WONT average 12 minutes a game. WONT be a regular part of the rotation-- ight have some decent moments playing some minutes in back to backs when guys rest (if Kerr is smart enough to rest guys this year instead of run them into the ground).

Kay Felder has a WIDE OPEN lane to a role on the Cavs and i have absolutely ZERO faith he is a regular rotation player and contributor despite having a lot of talent. It just doesnt happen. Chris Anderson?- ancient Chris Anderson?--- a vet like that gets the 10 minutes a game in the playoffs- not a rookie- and ESPECIALLY not a 2nd round rookie. Shit- on a team like Boston the #3 pick Jaylen Brown is hardly guaranteed a big role on what is a team many think will compete to go to the ECF.

but again- time will tell. I am VERY VERY confident i will once again be vindicated by time by the end of the year. IF anyone wants to bet against me- let me know. I strongly strongly suspect no one will be sticking their neck out for McCaw though. lol.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick Beverly
Patty Mills
Hassan Whiteside
Jae Crowder
Will Barton
Allen Crabbe
Jordan Clarkson
Nikola Jokic
Brandon Bass
Ilyasova
Amir Johnson
Anderson Varejao
Mo Williams
Zaza Pachulia
Matt Barnes
Luis Scola

point me to a ROOKIE that helped when drafted in the 2nd round. on a team that had title aspirations. Really doesnt happen. not gonna change.
Tony PArker was the one guy i was thinking of- but he was a first rounder. And thats one in about the last 15 years that i kind of thought on off the top of my head...can u think of any others?

sure- 2nd rounders might get some time on garbage teams and a spot in their rotation- but teams that were predicted to do something- Hassan Whiteside's assists totals are astronomimcal compared to the number of 2nd rounders that contributed to great teams as rookies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick Beverly
Patty Mills
Hassan Whiteside
Jae Crowder
Will Barton
Allen Crabbe
Jordan Clarkson
Nikola Jokic
Brandon Bass
Ilyasova
Amir Johnson
Anderson Varejao
Mo Williams
Zaza Pachulia
Matt Barnes
Luis Scola

not as rookies. thats for sure. Thanks for helping prove my point ;)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeAndre Jordan- 4 points, 4.5 boards in a terrible CLippers team his rookie year
Rashard Lewis- RASHARD! oldie but goodie! LOL- 2 points a game his rookie year on a crap seattle team- played in 20 games. lol.
Paul Millsap- here is one- Utah won 51 games his rookie year- got to the WCF- Milsap averaged 7 and 5 on 21 minutes a game. 21 years old.
Marc Gasol- played a lot of minutes on a BAD BAD memphis team his rookie year. 30.7 minutes a game 12 and 7.5-- good contributor- but got a ton of mintues on a bad team.
Draymond Green- rookie year? 3 points and 3 boards a game - 13 minutes a game on a 6th place GSW team.
Gilbert Arenas- played a few minutes on a terrible terrible GSW team that won 21 games.
Manu Ginobli- probably the best example- Spurs won 60 games- MNanu with 7.6 points, 2 rebounds and 2 assists- played in 69 games an average of 20.7 minutes
Isaiah Thomas- LOL- obviously played for a beyond bad Sac. team.
Carlos Boozer- obviously played for a beyond bad Cleveland team.
Clifford Robinson- REALLY going back here. LOL....49 years old. 1989? GMAFB
Montae Ellis- played some solid minutes on a 34 win warriors team.
Mo Williams- 5 pts and 13 minutes a night on a JAzz team that didnt make the playoffs
Lou Williams- never played on a shitbag Sixers team.
Trevor Ariza- played a few minutes for an awful Knicks team.
Marcin Gortat- played in 6 games for the AMAZING Orlando MAgic lol
Danny Green- never played- was on a good Cavs team.
Kyle Korver- 12 minutes a night on the 03-04 Sixers who sucked ass
Chandler Parsons- played almost 30 minutes a night on a Houston team that was in hte lotto.
Khris Middleton- played in 27 games on a shitbag Detroit team.
Goran Dragic- LOL....cmon...lol...lotto Suns team.

so that first list.....the only decent examples- are 1. Manun Ginobili who is a hall of famer, and Paul Milsap who averaged 7 and 5 for a 51 win Jazz team- who has gone on to make multiple al lstar teams.

As i said- the track record of rookies contributing meaningfully on teams that are in the race to win a title is simply pretty much NONEXISTENT and i have full faith and confidence that PAtrick McCaw is NOT Manu Ginobili or Paul Milsap. Maybe you guys think so. Lets back it up! LOL.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick Beverly
Patty Mills- played in 10 games for San Antonio
Hassan Whiteside- REALLY? LOL KINGS! AND he sucked.
Jae Crowder- did play 17 minutes a game for a 10th place Mavericks team, lol.
Will Barton LOL. 4 pts a game for a Blazers team that was 11th in the West!
Allen Crabbe- played in 15 games but got ALMOST 7 minutes a nght in those games
Jordan Clarkson- put up some solid stats on a GAWD AWFUL lakers team.
Nikola Jokic- put up some decent stats for a Jazz team that was 11th in the West!!! YEEEHAWWWW!!!
Brandon Bass- didnt really play his rookie year- averaged 9 minutes and got in 29 games and got 2.3 pts a game---- PROBABLY around where McCaw will be.
Ilyasova- got some minutes on a bucks team that was 2nd last in the Leastern Conferenc- when the East was BADDDDDDDD
Amir Johnson- never played for Detorit got in 3 games
Anderson Varejao- got 5 points a game on a Cleveland team that took 9th in the LEAST!
Mo Williams- already did above.
Zaza Pachulia- got 3 points a game and 11 minutes a game in 59 games for a shitbag Orlando team.
Matt Barnes 4.5 points a game and played in 38 games for Sacramento who won 55 games! WOW- the first one for a guy who didnt go on to be a multi time al lstar! and played in LESS than half his teams games.
Luis Scola--- WOW- it might have taken you to the very very last guy on your list- but we might have something here that has occured in the last 15 years!!! Scola played for a 5th place Rockets team- lost in the first round- so they werent title contenders- but played in all 82 games- 10 pts a game and almost 25 minutes

so in summation- in the last 20 years- what do we have from these 2 lists of the best 2nd round picks?

Manu Ginobili
Paul Milsap

Luis Scola on a 5th place Rockets team that didnt make it out of the first round- but did play in all 82 games
Matt Barnes who played in less than half his teams games and averaged 4.5 points- but the team did win 55 games and got to the WCF.

If McCaw gives the Warriors what Draymond gave them his rookie year 3 points, 3 boards and 13 minutes a game- Golden State should and would be absoltuely fucking THRILLEd- I dont see it happening though- though- that is at least a realistic prediction.- and that GSW team was CERTAINLY NOT a title contender.

I know it hurts guys- but the stats just dont back up the subjective collective circle jerk you guys have for McCaw. lol.

the track record for 2nd rounders contributing as rookies on teams with championship aspirations is- as i said- practically non existent- and McCaw is not gonna be the exception to the rule. as i said- BOOK IT.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not as rookies. thats for sure. Thanks for helping prove my point ;)

I was gonna say Cassell. But, he was a late 1st rounder.

So, Manu.....technically.

He was already a pro overseas.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Hungry' KD stays late to drill after practice

this guy is losing his mind. Game 1 and he is yelling at himself in practice? This is gonna be the most scrutiny this guy has ever faced. We shall see if he is ready for it. Nothing than a championship can justify his decision- as it was with LeBron -to come back to Cleveland.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was gonna say Cassell. But, he was a late 1st rounder.

So, Manu.....technically.

He was already a pro overseas.
McCaw just turned 21 i saw- which that at least plays in his favor a little bit since he is not a 19 year old kid---- but yah that was a good point about Manu that he was a pro before he ever came over.

Interesting that Milsap is one of the guys that played decent minutes on a Jazz team that got to the conference Finals- though at 7 and 5 he hardly was an ass kicker---- though just about as good as can be found for a 2nd rounder on a team that made any noise- let alone a title contender favorite like the Warriors.

It just doesnt happen -its why i dont mind guys like Marion and RJ and Miller and Dunleavy, and Mo Williams etc.....not all of them will work out- MArion certainly had nothing left in the tank- and Miller didnt have a whole lot either- but Mo made some nice plays down the stretch. RJ was really erally important. I think Dunleavy is gonna be good.

Its better to have a vet that knows what they are doing that has been in situations before giving you that 10-12 minutes a game- then it is a rookie who has never seen and been in those situations- ESPECIALLY rookies that are from the 2nd round which are typically more developmental guys.

ITs why it pretty much NEVEr happens in the NBA. Nothing against the kid- i like his long term potential- but to think he will be a decent contributor and crack the rotation on a championship caliber team is delusional and goes against the last couple decades of basketball.

I like Felder- he has a wide open lane to plenty of playing time- and maybe he even plays well in teh regular season here and there against bad teams on back-to-backs when they are resting Kyrie and LeBron etc.....but i have no delusions that he will be a rotation contributor against solid teams on a consistent basis. Just doesnt happen to rookies on contenders- especially 2nd rounders.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Hungry' KD stays late to drill after practice

this guy is losing his mind. Game 1 and he is yelling at himself in practice? This is gonna be the most scrutiny this guy has ever faced. We shall see if he is ready for it. Nothing than a championship can justify his decision- as it was with LeBron -to come back to Cleveland.

Took LeBron 2 years to win in Miami, and 2 to win in Cleveland. Just sayin'

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can't get anyone to come play for the lousy Dallas Mavericks. Why did Dirk stay? he should of went to a title contender and got another ring.

lousy? they've missed the playoffs ONCE since 2000. how is that lousy? And why are you wearing a Packers jersey if your team is the Arizona Cardinals?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're wondering why in the world I listed all these players. This is just a small sample of 2nd round picks who obviously has helped their teams throughout their career. But remember folks according to wiggy, 2nd round picks almost never help

I think he meant over time and not in their rookie year bc that is hard to find right out of the gate. Not sticking up for him, just saying. But I also think Tlance wasn't saying he would make like a huge impact or anything. Just that he will improve and you will see him doing little things throughout the year to see that growth IMO

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just last year:

Norman Powell (2nd Round 46th Pick) for the Toronto Raptors got major minutes down the stretch and was part of the rotation for the playoffs for a team that ended up in the Conference finals.

Jonathan Simmons (Undrafted, Try out with D-League team) for the Spurs played nearly 15 minutes a game for 55 games last year.

Again, it's unlikely that 2nd round picks produce but it's not impossible.