• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Tip or The Catch (by Kearse)

Which NFC Championship finish was better?

• Total voters

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is that the Hawks came back in both games. Not as dramatically last year, but they were down 17-13 going into the 4th, and 10-0 at one point.

Yeah, I hear ya, but most won't call down by 4 with a quarter to play much of a comeback. Now, down by 12 with 4 minutes remaining, that is a comeback.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is that the Hawks came back in both games. Not as dramatically last year, but they were down 17-13 going into the 4th, and 10-0 at one point.

I think it just seemed much more dire this year because of the turnovers. I think the underrated story coming out of this game was the job the defense did to keep the team in the game long enough for the offense to get its collective ass in gear. I don't think most defenses would have held this Packers offense to 22 points under the same circumstances. You give an offense as good as Green Bay's that many short fields and most defenses would have cracked. It's not fair to the defense that the story of the game will be the late flurry by the offense and that people will look back on the 22 points allowed and totally forget that Green Bay was repeatedly put in position to do a lot more damage and either couldn't or wouldn't do it.