• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best division in the NFL? AFC North or NFC West?

What's the best division in the NFL?

• AFC North

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • NFC West

Votes: 30 83.3%

• Total voters

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your just mad, your Pats got their ass kicked and still can't get over it. I'm also sorry the GOAT don't play for you any more.
Yeah I'm hoping BB gets NE into the playoffs before he retires or gets retired. TB was there to make up for a lot of the indeficiensies and his poor drafting

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the draft is over and we're entering in the dog days of the NFL offseason it's time for some good ole meaningless discussion topics.

Looking at both the AFC North and NFC West it's tough to argue against them being the two best divisions in football as of today and honestly I was having a tough time thinking of a time when the NFL had two divisions this strong at the same time.

As of today I give a very slight nod to the NFC West because I can make a case for every team to win the division and I can make a case for every team to be last in the division. It wouldn't be my prediction but I could make a legit argument for a 12 win Seahawks team from the previous season to finish last in the division this season but still have a good season.

With the AFC North the Bengals just drag it down a little too much and I can't make a case for them to make the playoffs or win the division like I can with every team in the NFC West but the Steelers, Ravens, and Browns are so strong it does make it a very close call.

Poll is invalid as Potato Salad is not an option

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we talking about the same AZ team. Who had 3 wins tree years ago? Two of those wins were in the div, 5 wins the year after and 8 last season? In a div where they fair pretty damn well against the likes of Seattle about 50/50 wirhout looking it up. Not sure that's going to get it done?

um, are we talking about historically or right now? i thought we were talking right now and if you watched any of the cards last year, they were very competitive. in fact, outside of their difficult division, they were a solid 6-4

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
um, are we talking about historically or right now? i thought we were talking right now and if you watched any of the cards last year, they were very competitive. in fact, outside of their difficult division, they were a solid 6-4
I don't know? I brought up three years of records. Is that historic or current? Cards are always competitive it seems. They just can't seem to get over the hump. Whether that's in a game or a season. They're heart breakers. You do realize two of their losses last year were to Det and Car?

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 8-8 Cardinals from 2020 were a solid team who 'might' have been a playoff team in other divisions. However, the 6-4 record you mention was against the NFC East, AFC East, and two 4th placed NFC teams from 2019, (who finished 3rd and 4th in 2020). Their 2 division wins were closer than their 4 divisional losses. It's easier to make a case for them being 5-11 rather than 11-5. Their -81 points differential ranked them 23rd.

Then again 2021 will be another reset and the points above won't matter.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 8-8 Cardinals from 2020 were a solid team who 'might' have been a playoff team in other divisions. However, the 6-4 record you mention was against the NFC East, AFC East, and two 4th placed NFC teams from 2019, (who finished 3rd and 4th in 2020). Their 2 division wins were closer than their 4 divisional losses. It's easier to make a case for them being 5-11 rather than 11-5. Their -81 points differential ranked them 23rd.

Then again 2021 will be another reset and the points above won't matter.

What point differential are you speaking of? Last season the cards were + 43 for the season

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know? I brought up three years of records. Is that historic or current? Cards are always competitive it seems. They just can't seem to get over the hump. Whether that's in a game or a season. They're heart breakers. You do realize two of their losses last year were to Det and Car?

I'm not saying they are the Kansas City Chiefs. We are talking about ranking divisions and I would say they're easily the best fourth-place team in the NFL so that gives some Creedence to the fact that division is easily the best in the league (in addition to the fact that the other three teams in that division could possibly be playoff teams this season)

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we talking about the same AZ team. Who had 3 wins tree years ago? Two of those wins were in the div, 5 wins the year after and 8 last season? In a div where they fair pretty damn well against the likes of Seattle about 50/50 wirhout looking it up. Not sure that's going to get it done?
:noidea: Three years after the cowboys went 1-15 they were superbowl champs. So I dont know what three years ago has to do with this coming year, but if you do want to look at their record. They improved every year.

So all that is being explained here is the Cards are very close to be becoming a playoff team. Which they might have been if they werent in a stacked division. & that is the 4th best team we are talking about in this division.

NFC West wins in my opinion.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea: Three years after the cowboys went 1-15 they were superbowl champs. So I dont know what three years ago has to do with this coming year, but if you do want to look at their record. They improved every year.

So all that is being explained here is the Cards are very close to be becoming a playoff team. Which they might have been if they werent in a stacked division. & that is the 4th best team we are talking about in this division.

NFC West wins in my opinion.
Oh going back to the Cowboys non-tanking 4 year rebuild? Of course they were good after that. The 3 prior years they sucked as well.

The OP didn't say going forward. He said the best. So I used past, present and future in some of my postings. I'm an AZ fan. But they have always disappointed. In their long travelled history they've been a playoff team 8 times. If we're looking forward SF will be stronger this year. LA probably the same or one win less. Seattle doesn't matter AZ regularly beats them. Man I miss the Fischer days. AZ also has the 13th hardest strength of schedule (on paper) right behind the Rams and Hawks. The AFCN has the toughest. So that's another reason I said going fwd niether would be the best div in football.

We still didn't define what best is. So we're all throwing out speculation hopefully based on logic? AZ could surprise? I hope they do. History says they won't. I think that div takes a small step back this season. We'll see?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFCE is going to embaress you meatheads this year.....
two things.

In this thread. That wasnt one of my choices.
second thing. I think the Jets stay weak this year or you might have a point.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Cleveland and Baltimore over any team in the NFCW
Give me the AFCN :nutswing:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC West if Rodgers ends up on the......ugh.....Broncos.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'll take the Rams over the Browns, we have a better defense and better quarterback

Browns might've edged them out on defense, but we'll see on that one as they might be champs on paper on defense.

I'm pretty high on Stafford though, and I'm expecting him to have a strong year under McVay. Crazy to think if Trey Lance pans out for the 9ers Stafford could be considered the worst QB in the division but still be really good.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If its true that Aaron Rodgers is set to be traded to the Broncos I would probably hand it to them but I will be a homer and say the NFC West

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns might've edged them out on defense, but we'll see on that one as they might be champs on paper on defense.

I'm pretty high on Stafford though, and I'm expecting him to have a strong year under McVay. Crazy to think if Trey Lance pans out for the 9ers Stafford could be considered the worst QB in the division but still be really good.
Rams had the best defense by far, Browns have potential to be great but reality is always better than potential.

Murray isn't better than Stafford, I don't know about Trey Lance, either.

Right now it's Wilson, Stafford, Murray and Jimmy G

Last edited:

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nfcw and no one is going to change my homer ass opinion