• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Tip or The Catch (by Kearse)

Which NFC Championship finish was better?

• Total voters

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which spectacular finish was better?

Maybe I'm a prisoner of the moment but right now I'm leaning towards this year's NFC Championship

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... At first when I saw this thread, i was thinking you meant the tip from earlier in the game that lead to an INT...

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman's tip felt like a more defining moment because we literally went from a loss to a win in a split second.

But this game had 3 enormous moments which were all needed to win the game..

1. Recovered onside kick

2. Converted 2-pt conversion on a busted play, otherwise we lose in regulation

3. 3rd down and 6 throw to Baldwin in OT for 40 yards

Kearse TD catch was only possible because of the culmination of the above.

Whereas last year's game didn't really have any other build-up moments like that. It was more of an instant stunner play.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year's finish was great but this was one for the ages. They're going to be talking about this one for decades.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year's game over last year's but gotta go with The Tip over The Catch.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman's tip felt like a more defining moment because we literally went from a loss to a win in a split second.

But this game had 3 enormous moments which were all needed to win the game..

1. Recovered onside kick

2. Converted 2-pt conversion on a busted play, otherwise we lose in regulation

3. 3rd down and 6 throw to Baldwin in OT for 40 yards

Kearse TD catch was only possible because of the culmination of the above.

Whereas last year's game didn't really have any other build-up moments like that. It was more of an instant stunner play.

Well last year's game had the td pass on 4th down Russ to Kearse

Goddamn that Kearse keeps catching important balls. Just don't throw any slants to him :lol:

dumbrabbit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year's game was one possession score and the Hawks had to lead. But these Hawks game back down 16 zip in the 4th Quarter. Hawks had to score a TD this year to win it. It's a toss up.

droider

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well last year's game had the td pass on 4th down Russ to Kearse
Goddamn that Kearse keeps catching important balls. Just don't throw any slants to him :lol:
I forgot about that 4th down last year.

Today's game will likely stand the test of time as a top 5 playoff game in NFL history.. maybe even top 3.

NFL Network will be replaying it a ton before the Super Bowl.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tip, but not by miles.

Had that ball been a few inches back that game ends with our rival beating us on our own turf to deny us a shot at our first SB title. Much larger moment because it was a rival AND our first SB win.

This game many of us had already come to terms with them losing and weren't expecting this kind of finish so it was a surprise in a different way.

Still, you can't argue with your first SB win and the impact that one event had on it. Just can't.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Seahawks have the two most memorable plays/finish to win a conference championship game?

If not it's up there top 5 or top 3

droider

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Seahawks have the two most memorable plays/finish to win a conference championship game?

If not it's up there top 5 or top 3

On the opposite end, the original Cleveland Browns had a couple of the most heartbreaking losses in AFC Championship Game history.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tip was epic because it got us back to the dance and we got it done... But this ? My god we were down 19-7 with a little over 2 min left... THEN we got the miracle onside kick, THEN the miracle 2 point conversion and THEN Rodgers puts on a clinic drive of his own and they tie it... THEN we win it with a Russell Wilson absolute BEAUTIFUL deep ball ... This had way more drama, you would a never though that could be possible after last years NFC title game... This will be in the NFL film archives and shown as one of the greatest title game comebacks ever...

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now it's this Kearse catch, i have to think about this a little more, great question.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with this question is it's too close to the end of today's game.

The catch wasn't even the biggest part of that win. Onside kick, two late regulation TD drives, the gritty 4th quarter defense. Those were the stories. How about making the first down a couple of plays before it by Baldwin?

The tip stands alone. Was a rival and that game could have ended our season if Crabs caught it. Kearse could have even giving a tip to the other team again and wouldn't have ended it.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be impossible to forget either one, but I think The Tip will ultimately be the more iconic of the two plays. Kearse's catch was great and it was a nice redemption for both him and Wilson but, as others have pointed out, it needed a series of improbable things to happen first just to be possible. I think I'll remember that floater of a 2-point conversion and the onsides kick as much as, if not more than the touchdown that ended it. They screw up either of those two plays and it's over in regulation. The Tip, on the other hand, will always be the defining play of last year's game.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love My Hawks.

I was not happy with that late 4th Q punt.

Worked out huh.......Gosh, I love me some Seahawks.

I took a Seahawk personality player quiz, and I got Angry Doug Baldwin......Fuck Ya. Love me some Baldwin.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took a Seahawk personality player quiz, and I got Angry Doug Baldwin......Fuck Ya. Love me some Baldwin.

I took the same thing earlier this week and got Earl Thomas.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted The Tip, but the redemption factor for Kearse in the Catch was awesome. Now, if you said the tip against the comeback? I might choose the comeback because of all the things that had to be executed properly (and a little luck) to make it happen.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted The Tip, but the redemption factor for Kearse in the Catch was awesome. Now, if you said the tip against the comeback? I might choose the comeback because of all the things that had to be executed properly (and a little luck) to make it happen.

The funny thing is that the Hawks came back in both games. Not as dramatically last year, but they were down 17-13 going into the 4th, and 10-0 at one point.