• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The team I see giving GS problems

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC. Too bad they only play each other three times this year and none until February 6th.

Th Warriors haven't really faced start power this season, and the Thunder possess arguably two of the five best current players today.

The Pacers may have Paul George, and his presence alone should get us to the Playoffs as I've previously stated, but as a fan even I can admit that our team is overachieving a bit at the moment. As @Arizona_Sting obsessively points out, our team still has questionable frontcourt depth. Lavoy Allen is a duplication of Ian Mahinmi - in that they're two offensive liabilities when on the court at the same time.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Pacers would be able to slow the Warriors down way more than they did. Gotta give them credit for getting within 5 points late in the 4th however.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC. Too bad they only play each other three times this year and none until February 6th.

Th Warriors haven't really faced start power this season, and the Thunder possess arguably two of the five best current players today.

*star power

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the Spurs. 1-2 in the west is going to be GS and SA. GS will have to go through the Spurs to do anything.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the Spurs. 1-2 in the west is going to be GS and SA. GS will have to go through the Spurs to do anything.
That wasn't the case last year. Let's not start the Western Conference Finals before the rest of the playoffs, much less in December. Still a lot of time for things to happen.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Pacers may have Paul George, and his presence alone should get us to the Playoffs as I've previously stated, but as a fan even I can admit that our team is overachieving a bit at the moment. As @Arizona_Sting obsessively points out, our team still has questionable frontcourt depth. Lavoy Allen is a duplication of Ian Mahinmi - in that they're two offensive liabilities when on the court at the same time.
You're joking right? :scratch:

When KD & Westbrook are playing well they combine for 90% of their team's points and in most cases barely win.
And since when has 2 ever beaten 5+? The way the Warriors are playing right now they will beat themselves.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't the case last year. Let's not start the Western Conference Finals before the rest of the playoffs, much less in December. Still a lot of time for things to happen.
Completely different team from last year.

Also, there's honestly only two real teams to give the Warriors problems and that's the Cavs and the Spurs. I don't see OKC causing too much trouble but they are one of the better teams in the league and are always a tough out in the playoffs, so I can't obviously say anything for sure.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They appear so far ahead of the league that I'm not sure anyone can give them problems except maybe themselves. Their level of motivation seems through the roof.

Reactions: LAD

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely different team from last year.

Also, there's honestly only two real teams to give the Warriors problems and that's the Cavs and the Spurs. I don't see OKC causing too much trouble but they are one of the better teams in the league and are always a tough out in the playoffs, so I can't obviously say anything for sure.
That wasn't really the point. No one really expected the Clippers to beat the Spurs, especially when it came down to being clutch. The unthinkable can and does happen; it's much of the reason that we watch sports. I'm not denying that GSW and SA look like they should meet in the WCF, just pointing out that the Playoff aren't always decided on paper or by regular season record. And they definitely are not decided in December---ask those league dominating Atlanta Hawks last year.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't really the point. No one really expected the Clippers to beat the Spurs, especially when it came down to being clutch. The unthinkable can and does happen; it's much of the reason that we watch sports. I'm not denying that GSW and SA look like they should meet in the WCF, just pointing out that the Playoff aren't always decided on paper or by regular season record. And they definitely are not decided in December---ask those league dominating Atlanta Hawks last year.

Playoffs are always about matchups. The W-L records go out the window. The regular season is just for determining who gets home court advantage.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I wouldn't ever bet against Popovich, San Antonio's backcourt play just doesn't scare anyone anymore. I think the presence of Westbrook will make Steph Curry have to play defense.

Even in 2013 GS took the Spurs to six games and the handn't nearly reached their peak...

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donovan still has to put his imprint on the team. Rumblings are that he's trying to force some things and Russell isn't all too gung-ho about the process.

If this team can't start defending when going small, shit isn't going to go their way long term.

If Billy can't sort the spacing of KD/Russ's minutes allowing the bench players to establish more rhythm, this team won't make it out of the first round of the playoffs. :2cents:

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I wouldn't ever bet against Popovich, San Antonio's backcourt play just doesn't scare anyone anymore. I think the presence of Westbrook will make Steph Curry have to play defense.

Even in 2013 GS took the Spurs to six games and the handn't nearly reached their peak...
Parker has looked incredible this season. The numbers don't show it, but he looks 1000x better than he did last season. He will make Curry work, considering Curry doesn't play much defense at all anyways and the Spurs know how to get him open when he needs to get to the rim. Ginobili is the same way. He's playing like it's 2008 again, and that's incredibly encouraging. Also liking what I'm seeing from Patty Mills coming off the bench...but offensively, Green hasn't gotten going yet. Once he does, the offense will start to flow better and they'll be even more deadly.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm....I'm thinking it's the other way around. The Spurs will have to go through GS to get to the top.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, but don't think Steph will be guarding Westbrook when they meet.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland at full strength can give them fits as well.

Lebron is still the best player in the league and can win games by himself.

They came real close to beating GS without having all star Kyrie Irving.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland at full strength can give them fits as well.

Lebron is still the best player in the league and can win games by himself.

They came real close to beating GS without having all star Kyrie Irving.

It was close but not really close if you know what I mean.