• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why I Don't Want Kevin Durant On the Pacers (Even If He Hypothetically Wanted To Come Here

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanking is hard work. How are the Pacers doing ?? Middle of the pack as usual?

Still a better record than the Lakers - You know, the team that everyone and their mother would like to proclaim the next "NBA Champion" as soon as the Warriors' superteam breaks up.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still a better record than the Lakers - You know, the team that everyone and their mother would like to proclaim the next "NBA Champion" as soon as the Warriors' superteam breaks up.

lol

The difference of course, is that the Lakers will get better. The Pacers will always be middle of the pack.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m just a big smart ass. Bulls are so shitty I still have to watch 1990s dvds with Marv with the combover and Fratello.
I still remember being in Indianapolis when “45” came back. Good times back then

I’m not sure everyone thought the Lakers would find some cohesion and gel in year 1 tho. Is the East still kinda of the upper D league?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure everyone thought the Lakers would find some cohesion and gel in year 1 tho.

Just dumbasses like Cane. Everyone else understands that it takes some time. The Lakers are actually ahead of where many thought they'd be (myself included).

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just dumbasses like Cane. Everyone else understands that it takes some time. The Lakers are actually ahead of where many thought they'd be (myself included).

That is fools gold kid. The Cavs played great and played badly, even though it was the same result, getting too the finals, drawing anything from the regular season is kinda dumb tbh. Once the true stars turn it on in the playoffs, it matter very little what the role players did in the regular season.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did i russle some jimmes, and now i cant respond on the regular season thread lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is fools gold kid. The Cavs played great and played badly, even though it was the same result, getting too the finals, drawing anything from the regular season is kinda dumb tbh. Once the true stars turn it on in the playoffs, it matter very little what the role players did in the regular season.

Not really. The regular season is good for getting players on the same page, teams getting in sync, etc.

Obviously, the regular season means more to some teams than others. For teams that have been together for a few years, it doesn't mean as much. The Warriors, for example, would probably just as soon skip the regular season altogether.

But for a team like the Lakers, who have a lot of new faces and are trying to learn to play together and figure out roles...the regular season is very important.

For teams like your Cavs, it's important because they are figuring out who among their young players is going to be part of the future and who is going to be traded or released.

For teams like the Nuggets, Sixers, etc. that are young and expected to be in the playoffs, it's important because the more they play, the more they learn and it can help them in the playoffs.

Some role players don't mean as much, but some mean a lot. Teams do tend to shrink their rotations in the playoffs. But they also don't have their starters play 48 minutes. Most teams go about 8 or 9 deep in the playoffs. So the regular season helps sort out who will be part of the 8 or 9 and who won't.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just a big smart ass. Bulls are so shitty I still have to watch 1990s dvds with Marv with the combover and Fratello.
I still remember being in Indianapolis when “45” came back. Good times back then

I’m not sure everyone thought the Lakers would find some cohesion and gel in year 1 tho. Is the East still kinda of the upper D league?

Eh, the east is very top-heavy. We could win 50 and still lose in the first round. That's why we could use that extra scoring punch, like Tobias.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. The regular season is good for getting players on the same page, teams getting in sync, etc.

Obviously, the regular season means more to some teams than others. For teams that have been together for a few years, it doesn't mean as much. The Warriors, for example, would probably just as soon skip the regular season altogether.

But for a team like the Lakers, who have a lot of new faces and are trying to learn to play together and figure out roles...the regular season is very important.

For teams like your Cavs, it's important because they are figuring out who among their young players is going to be part of the future and who is going to be traded or released.

For teams like the Nuggets, Sixers, etc. that are young and expected to be in the playoffs, it's important because the more they play, the more they learn and it can help them in the playoffs.

Some role players don't mean as much, but some mean a lot. Teams do tend to shrink their rotations in the playoffs. But they also don't have their starters play 48 minutes. Most teams go about 8 or 9 deep in the playoffs. So the regular season helps sort out who will be part of the 8 or 9 and who won't.

I will respond when you end my ban for the regular season thread lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will respond when you end my ban for the regular season thread lol

A hold out?

You should know that I survived raising 3 girls through their teenage years.

This makes me a very patient person.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, the east is very top-heavy. We could win 50 and still lose in the first round. That's why we could use that extra scoring punch, like Tobias.

So you can win 53 games and lose in the 2nd round?

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you can win 53 games and lose in the 2nd round?

:wtf: Yes, depending on whom we draw in the first round - That too is quite possible.

As things currently stand, we now hold a better record than your beloved 76ers. And they have three all-star caliber guys while we have one, if that. Funny how life works sometimes...

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is LeBron going to somehow use his "magic powers" to get younger??? Just about the only way you guys will rise above where you are now would be by adding Anthony Davis, and Boston will trade for him before you get your hands on him. No chance in hell New Orleans trades him to the Lakers at the deadline...

As it stands, you are what your record says you are. It's the same damn adage in basketball as it is in football, or any other sport for that matter.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf: Yes, depending on whom we draw in the first round - That too is quite possible.

As things currently stand, we now hold a better record than your beloved 76ers. And they have three all-star caliber guys while we have one, if that. Funny how life works sometimes...

Really not that funny. And the 6ers are not in any way shape or form my team. As I said all along, if they were able to use their cap space to sign a 3rd star they would be a legit contender. They didn't. They were forced to trade for 1. But they are still much better shape than Indiana moving forward in terms of future title hopes.

The fact that you think my objective analysis of the 2 teams somehow makes me a Philly supporter is laughable. I have no agenda here. The 6ers have a better talent base to build a contender and it isn't close. And I am not a huge fan of Butler to Philly.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is LeBron going to somehow use his "magic powers" to get younger??? Just about the only way you guys will rise above where you are now would be by adding Anthony Davis, and Boston will trade for him before you get your hands on him. No chance in hell New Orleans trades him to the Lakers at the deadline...

As it stands, you are what your record says you are. It's the same damn adage in basketball as it is in football, or any other sport for that matter.

I have nothing to add. You have proven my point from the post you quoted, for me.

Thank you. :thumb: