• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why I Don't Want Kevin Durant On the Pacers (Even If He Hypothetically Wanted To Come Here

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread be like:

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at you thinking an analogy is directly about YOU. You seriously need to add some depth to your reading. I didn’t call you a fatty. I compared you saying you didn’t want KD to come to a team like a fat dude denying a hot girl knowing he didn’t have a chance with her anyways.

I didn’t realize you were that dense. My apologies. I now know.

I'm the only Pacers fan on this board, so if you weren't labeling me then whom exactly were you labeling??? :scratch:

But go ahead and keep sugar-coating the intentions of your words as if your shit don't stink as bad as everyone else's...

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My memory is foggy...

Who are the Pacers again?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the only Pacers fan on this board, so if you weren't labeling me then whom exactly were you labeling??? :scratch:

But go ahead and keep sugar-coating the intentions of your words as if your shit don't stink as bad as everyone else's...

paranoia-just-because-youre-paranoid-doesnt-mean-they-arent-out-12827216.png

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread be like:

lol

At what point in his post did he label you? He never mentioned you.

Guess his analogy hit a lot closer to home than anyone knew.

Durant himself said he plans to retire at 35, which means he's got five more years after this one. So if he were to sign (not going to happen, but you get my point), we would maybe have a window of 2-3 years left in his prime to win one title before he starts to decline and after that Oladipo will eventually decline.

It other words, it wouldn't work.

We don't have enough of a foundation to make it work, and in that sense we have to think younger in terms of our upcoming roster decisions. I don't know why this is so hard for some to process.
@CitySushi @tlance

Records aside, Brooklyn has a better young foundation than we have. The way D-Lo has been playing lately, Durant may just go to Brooklyn without a second star. That may be for another discussion completely, but stranger things have happened. LeBron went to the Lakers by himself, after all...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant himself said he plans to retire at 35, which means he's got five more years after this one. So if he were to sign (not going to happen, but you get my point), we would maybe have a window of 2-3 years left in his prime to win one title before he starts to decline and after that Oladipo will eventually decline.

We don't have enough of a foundation to make it work, and in that sense we have to think younger in terms of our upcoming roster decisions. I don't know why this is so hard for some to process.
@CitySushi @tlance

Records aside, Brooklyn has a better young foundation than we have. The way D-Lo has been playing lately, Durant may just go to Brooklyn without a second star. That may be for another discussion completely, but stranger things have happened. LeBron went to the Lakers by himself, after all...

So, what you are saying is that you would rather have a 0 year window with Tobias Harris than a 2-3 year window with KD?

Ok.

Good thing KD isn't going to be signing in Indiana!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@CitySushi @tlance

I disagree. If you can get a player like that, you do it. Not just because he immediately makes you a lot better, but also because of what your young team can learn from.

He can accelerate their learning curve and help them to be better earlier. They can also use what they learn from him later in their careers when he is gone or in decline.

You have a solid team in Indy. With a superstar to lead them, they could be a real threat in the East, imo.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would bet everything on the fact that Durant won’t retire at 35, it won’t happen.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bro if you don't understand how analogies work you should probably shut up.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fortunately we've ruled this out for KD. Phew what a relief.

Next let's discuss why the Jazz wouldn't want KD

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@CitySushi @tlance

You do understand that if he were to win you a championship in one of those 5 years it would be a success. It's Indiana, he wouldn't need to win 3 out of 5. Getting a little greedy huh? With the talent Indiana has they could sign KD at say $35 mil/year, give or take. Still have about 15-16 to spend with their main core.

Oladipo, KD, Turner, Sabonis, Leaf, Holiday, McDermott. You could sign Bojan/Young back and a couple other cheap pieces. Yes one championship is all he would need.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a perfect example of what we call "loser mentality"

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Made up by the 16 my Lakers have won...

don't worry, unlike the Cavs, I've seen my share of titles...

I am just messing with you lol

After seeing the one in 2016, i have a feeling it feels exactly the same, but you are always chasing the high of the first one lol

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just messing with you lol

After seeing the one in 2016, i have a feeling it feels exactly the same, but you are always chasing the high of the first one lol
First one is the best...2010 Giants, 2015 Warriors were my faves