• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The team I see giving GS problems

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone can beat GS in a 7 game series. I think teams like OKC, SA, Cle, Chi, and maybe even the Clippers could beat GS in a 7 game series. GS is obviously favored in all of those series, but I could easily them go down.

I agree w/ the teams you listed outside of Chicago and LAC.

In order I'd go:

1) Spurs
2) Healthy Cavs
3) OKC

If I had to bet on the series I'd still take Golden State every time. Besides against SA, that one would be a toss up to me.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree w/ the teams you listed outside of Chicago and LAC.

In order I'd go:

1) Spurs
2) Healthy Cavs
3) OKC

If I had to bet on the series I'd still take Golden State every time. Besides against SA, that one would be a toss up to me.
I think the Spurs can definitely beat the Warriors, but first the Spurs' offense needs to gel. They still look really shaky on most nights, which should be scary for the rest of the league considering they're 19-5 with such a bad offense.

Makes me happy GS and SA "really" won't play until May hopefully. No, I don't count regular season games. It's all just practice, lol.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Spurs can definitely beat the Warriors, but first the Spurs' offense needs to gel. They still look really shaky on most nights, which should be scary for the rest of the league considering they're 19-5 with such a bad offense.

Makes me happy GS and SA "really" won't play until May hopefully. No, I don't count regular season games. It's all just practice, lol.

Reason I pick SAN is because Pop knows how to beat high octane offenses in the playoffs. He's done it for years now, this is a new challenge but if anyone can develop a game plan to slow them down it's him.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reason I pick SAN is because Pop knows how to beat high octane offenses in the playoffs. He's done it for years now, this is a new challenge but if anyone can develop a game plan to slow them down it's him.
Agreed. That's a reason why I have such high hopes for them.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have said that any team has a chance to win any given game except for the Sixers, but that's only because their intent is to lose.

So even my Lakers have a chance?

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Dunleavy comes back, the Bulls have the perimeter defense to slow down Golden State. They were pretty close to beating them in GS without him as it was.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Milwaukee can give them a hard time.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Milwaukee can give them a hard time.
They actually do logically match up well with them because they have the length and athleticism to keep their shooing at bay. Their problem is that they are so inconsistent and inexperienced that they have games where they would have lost be 30.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you collapse in a series that was never really in your favor? Each game was about as close as it gets, with the exception of a couple. People would be stupid to say the two best teams in the West aren't GS and SA. I don't wanna pencil the Spurs in either but the fact is that last year is irrelevant. Completely different team and completely different style of play.
Really? You don't think the Spurs were the better team? Seeding aside, come on we all would probably agree that the Spurs would come out ahead. Remember, we're talking about a team that just dominated the previous playoffs and Finals.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? You don't think the Spurs were the better team? Seeding aside, come on we all would probably agree that the Spurs would come out ahead. Remember, we're talking about a team that just dominated the previous playoffs and Finals.
Oh I know they were the better team. Just saying, things didn't go their way and they never really had the series in their favor.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I know they were the better team. Just saying, things didn't go their way and they never really had the series in their favor.
Honestly, I just automatically figured they'd win that series. Have spent many years watching the Spurs pull out tough wins without being rattled. This was one of the only times I can remember wanting them to win.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I just automatically figured they'd win that series. Have spent many years watching the Spurs pull out tough wins without being rattled. This was one of the only times I can remember wanting them to win.
Yeah, most felt like they would have won and if it wasn't for Parker being hurt and Manu being a dumbass on both ends of the ball...they definitely would have.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team has a few wildcards that they need production from in order to win a championship. If you look at all the top contenders, there's no real difference between the teams when it comes to their stars. OKC has Durant and Westbrook. Spurs have Leonard, LA and Duncan, Warriors have Curry, Klay and Draymond, Cavs have Lebron, Irving, Love, etc.

What will differentiate the teams in the playoffs will be the production of the ancillary players.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The warriors aren't just a high octane offense though.. This team is elite on defense also

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GS is only 2 games better than last year.

Cleveland was more than capable of playing with them (without LOVE and KYRIE).

It is ridiculous to think the Cavs cannot beat them by adding their #2 and #3 player to the roster.

It really wasn't close after game 3 though. After they went with death small ball lineup.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really looking forward to Steve Kerr getting back in the drivers seat. Luke has done a good job, but I thought there were times where inexperience/difference in coaching style took it's toll.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont look now but Oklahoma City has the longest winning streak in the Nba.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really looking forward to Steve Kerr getting back in the drivers seat. Luke has done a good job, but I thought there were times where inexperience/difference in coaching style took it's toll.

Yeah, cost them several games that they likely would have won with Kerr there. :heh: