• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Had No Idea Just How Bad of A Shit Show The PAC IS

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canzano: Amid crisis, Pac-12 signed agreement to fund news coverage from Los Angeles Times

Here are just a couple of gems:

"The conference was in deep distress in 2018. It was drowning in negative sentiment after an embarrassing instant-replay scandal in college football. The Pac-12′s basketball programs were coming off a winless showing in the men’s NCAA Tournament. And commissioner Larry Scott’s prized Pac-12 Network was stuck in distribution purgatory, still unavailable to large swaths of frustrated fans."

"The Pac-12 hired a high-profile crisis-management firm. The conference began working from a 34-page printed manual The Oregonian/OregonLive reported in 2019 — a playbook that directed the conference to “seek to identify positive voices that could shift the conversation.” That plan further instructed the conference to “expand upon media partnerships” with two primary media platforms — the Los Angeles Times and The Players’ Tribune. According to emails and other documents, the conference struck a deal in 2018 with the Los Angeles Times that aimed to steer $100,000 in advertising to the newspaper in exchange for an expansion in conference coverage. Said the Pac-12 staff member: “Literally, in a meeting, our communications people were like, ‘Is there anyone we can pay to write positive stories?’”

"During the depths of its public relations crisis, the Pac-12 contracted with one of the world’s top crisis management and public relations firms in 2018. FleishmanHillard had previously worked with Chevrolet, Levi’s and Alibaba Group. It was also hired as the lead crisis-management team for USA Gymnastics in 2017 while that organization was enmeshed in a horrific sex-abuse scandal. The firm studied the Pac-12 metrics, audited the tone of media coverage and conducted interviews with its campus stakeholders. It then produced that 34-page printed playbook that served as the backbone of the Pac-12′s plan to repair the conference’s brand."

How Larry Scott has a job is beyond me.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canzano: Amid crisis, Pac-12 signed agreement to fund news coverage from Los Angeles Times

Here are just a couple of gems:

"The conference was in deep distress in 2018. It was drowning in negative sentiment after an embarrassing instant-replay scandal in college football. The Pac-12′s basketball programs were coming off a winless showing in the men’s NCAA Tournament. And commissioner Larry Scott’s prized Pac-12 Network was stuck in distribution purgatory, still unavailable to large swaths of frustrated fans."

"The Pac-12 hired a high-profile crisis-management firm. The conference began working from a 34-page printed manual The Oregonian/OregonLive reported in 2019 — a playbook that directed the conference to “seek to identify positive voices that could shift the conversation.” That plan further instructed the conference to “expand upon media partnerships” with two primary media platforms — the Los Angeles Times and The Players’ Tribune. According to emails and other documents, the conference struck a deal in 2018 with the Los Angeles Times that aimed to steer $100,000 in advertising to the newspaper in exchange for an expansion in conference coverage. Said the Pac-12 staff member: “Literally, in a meeting, our communications people were like, ‘Is there anyone we can pay to write positive stories?’”

"During the depths of its public relations crisis, the Pac-12 contracted with one of the world’s top crisis management and public relations firms in 2018. FleishmanHillard had previously worked with Chevrolet, Levi’s and Alibaba Group. It was also hired as the lead crisis-management team for USA Gymnastics in 2017 while that organization was enmeshed in a horrific sex-abuse scandal. The firm studied the Pac-12 metrics, audited the tone of media coverage and conducted interviews with its campus stakeholders. It then produced that 34-page printed playbook that served as the backbone of the Pac-12′s plan to repair the conference’s brand."

How Larry Scott has a job is beyond me.

nobody really knows how he got the job let alone kept it.

I dont know how to feel about this because it was written by Clownzano

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bet the LA TImes will be writing columns on how great the PAC conference is and will always vote one of the schools number 1 in future polls

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shit, I don't think anyone even knew he was the commissioner until he started fucking things up.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, I don't think anyone even knew he was the commissioner until he started fucking things up.

That's the thing when it comes to being a commissioner.

The fewer the people who say your name, the better the job you are actually doing.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing when it comes to being a commissioner.

The fewer the people who say your name, the better the job you are actually doing.

Yep, I forget what it was. But the first time I heard the man's name, it was because folks were pissed that he'd fucked something up.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let's be honest, nobody likes their conference commissioner.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phrases and words in the first paragraph that describes the PAC12: deep distress, drowning, embarrassing, scandal, winless

...and yet this stuff is tame compared to the Big Ten.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC commissioners have been awesome. You rarely hear anyone bitch about Swanky or Slive before him.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Speak for thy selves...Kramer, Slive and Sankey have been great....of course, the SEC has won half the National Championships during their tenure, and we've had unprecedented financial success, so that smooths over a lot of hiccups.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC commissioners have been awesome. You rarely hear anyone bitch about Swanky or Slive before him.

Yep, like @RobToxin said, if folks are saying your commissioners name a lot, it's usually a bad thing.

Larry Scott's name gets said A LOT!!

For the PAC, it's like when Kiffin was coaching at USC and the assistant AD at the time (JK McKay) told him..."Every day that I look at the ticker on ESPN and don't see your name, is a good day".

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not just keep the job, he seems to be in the constant good graces of the presidents and ADs. It’s mind blowing.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He put himself out there a lot early on. The Pac 12 network was actually a pretty big deal with a lot of potential. And then he proceeded to completely fuck the whole thing up from there.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He put himself out there a lot early on. The Pac 12 network was actually a pretty big deal with a lot of potential. And then he proceeded to completely fuck the whole thing up from there.

Yep. That might be where I first heard his name. Got a great idea off the ground, then proceeded to fuck it up.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, like @RobToxin said, if folks are saying your commissioners name a lot, it's usually a bad thing.

For the PAC, it's like when Kiffin was coaching at USC and the assistant AD at the time (JK McKay) told him..."Every day that I look at the ticker on ESPN and don't see your name, is a good day".
I don't know dude Mike Slive was known by everyone, universally respected and the architect of all the big network deals all the P5 minus the PAC enjoy.

The guy was the most powerful person in college football and there really hasn't been a drop off with Swanky.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know dude Mike Slive was known by everyone, universally respected and the architect of all the big network deals all the P5 minus the PAC enjoy.

The guy was the most powerful person in college football and there really hasn't been a drop off with Swanky.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok that's messed up.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still has a job because if he is fired it is quasi sexist. After all, he is the guy who takes full credit for created Venus and Serena Williams and made top female tennis player money on par with the men.