• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The tag

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I'm lazy and I skipped the threads talking about the tagging cousins to trade him idea and I don' want to dig through them so...

Can somebody explain to me why that's a bad idea?

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if you tag him it be 34 mill you get a cap hit

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I'm lazy and I skipped the threads talking about the tagging cousins to trade him idea and I don' want to dig through them so...

Can somebody explain to me why that's a bad idea?

If he is tagged, signed or not, it counts against our cap that we can spend in FA. Prevents us from signing anyone, including own players. Of course that also “technically” prevents him from negotiating with other teams. If he signs it (which he wouldn’t) he can either ride the pine for $35 mill or determine what team he would allow to be traded for.l and under what conditions.

Something along those lines....

Probably just have to let him walk and get the 3rd round comp at this point

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is tagged, signed or not, it counts against our cap that we can spend in FA. Prevents us from signing anyone, including own players. Of course that also “technically” prevents him from negotiating with other teams. If he signs it (which he wouldn’t) he can either ride the pine for $35 mill or determine what team he would allow to be traded for.l and under what conditions.

I feel like we should do it. He's not gonna sit out and multiple teams want him.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like we should do it. He's not gonna sit out and multiple teams want him.

It’s an interesting thought. But he has already said he would file a grievance if tagged again.

I think the 2 biggest players are Minnesota and Denver. Denver/Elway just based on reports seems to be ok with or without Kirk. That they will pay him plenty, but might not go be him anything and everything he wants. Minnesota is an interesting one too. They have 3 QBs that they are willing to let hit FA, on a whim that they MIGHT get KC? I think they might be the only team that we even remotely could pull a tag and trade with.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One correction, the team can apply and rescind the tag before March 12th, (the beginning of free agency) that's 9 days from now, which makes it highly unlikely. Now in as much as back channel deals like the ones being done at the combine, there's a very slight chance that Allen will try to squirm his way into talks going on there with the threat to tag him, but that too is highly unlikely. Why March 12th?, well, the tag capital would be tied up during that time and free agent signings would be impossible. They could make themselves inactive during this time if they believe that it's worth it to hold Kirk's rights and get free agents at sometime before midnight July 14th, the actual last day to rescind the tag and have it not count against their cap.

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, if Kirk signs it ( he won't) we're in business but will still only have 9 days to deal him in order to be active in free agency. This is where the wheeling and dealings of the combine come into play. In fact I believe that the Kirk deal will be done before March 5th (end of the combine).

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just simply let the guy go , we traded for smith so let him go

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, one thing is certain if our team does, we'll capture the headlines and lead stories until it's done. Bruce likes publicity and seems to be embarrassment proof, so, unless there's some sort of agreement between all parties being formed or already in place, yeah, let's not do this!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, one thing is certain if our team does, we'll capture the headlines and lead stories until it's done. Bruce likes publicity and seems to be embarrassment proof, so, unless there's some sort of agreement between all parties being formed or already in place, yeah, let's not do this!

OH I dont know dude.. I been hoping Bruce would just get on TV, whip it out and show he is the biggest swinging dick on the planet and Tell KIrk... you will play where I want you to play, or you wont play at all. :D

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One correction, the team can apply and rescind the tag before March 12th, (the beginning of free agency) that's 9 days from now, which makes it highly unlikely. Now in as much as back channel deals like the ones being done at the combine, there's a very slight chance that Allen will try to squirm his way into talks going on there with the threat to tag him, but that too is highly unlikely. Why March 12th?, well, the tag capital would be tied up during that time and free agent signings would be impossible. They could make themselves inactive during this time if they believe that it's worth it to hold Kirk's rights and get free agents at sometime before midnight July 14th, the actual last day to rescind the tag and have it not count against their cap.

Unless Kirk Cousins signs the tag. The moment he signs it, he is guaranteed 34 million for this season alone.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Kirk Cousins signs the tag. The moment he signs it, he is guaranteed 34 million for this season alone.

Post #7, One team has been rumored to want to offer Kirk a first year guarantee of $60M, I think they can absorb that.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post #7, One team has been rumored to want to offer Kirk a first year guarantee of $60M, I think they can absorb that.

Of course they can. It doesn’t mean KC will play nice. I would screw the Skins over at my own expense if I were KC. Take the 34 million from the Skins this season and sign the blockbuster deal next season after Aaron Rodgers makes the world rethink QB contracts.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys should call the Skin Tags.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they can. It doesn’t mean KC will play nice. I would screw the Skins over at my own expense if I were KC. Take the 34 million from the Skins this season and sign the blockbuster deal next season after Aaron Rodgers makes the world rethink QB contracts.

Well yeah, of course, except for one little thing.

Aaron Rodgers is waiting for Kirk Cousins to sign
NBCSports.com · 14h

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just let the guy go , keep our cap space and sign some quality young FA's if we can . resign our guys TM and Long should be affordable , and wait on brown . same with BB

losing BB makes the ASS trade even worse but signing him softens the blow

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the simplest terms if you tag him again you risk losing quality FA 's you might sign while this game of chicken plays out . just let the guy go . get your 3rd rounder for him next season and build the team . we have committed to smith so get guys around him and hope it works out