• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Sword Has Two Sharp Edges

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some really good arguments and some interesting thought-provoking statements.

Play calling in the playoffs was abysmal. From Sept.9, McDaniels knew that Sony Michele did not have the speed to get outside. Every linebacker was able to run him down from behind. On several occasions when he broke through inside, he never made it to the end zone because he lacks an afterburner gear. The other problem is that Michele doesn't have the leg power to get and extra yard or two after contact. Rex Burkhead was much better getting needed yardage than Michele and if you remember Sony was on the sideline in critical games late.

Again, the sword swinging both ways. Belichick will most likely have Michele right back as the starter with Burkhead and Harris on the sides. Harris, the few times he ran the ball showed much better power and always seemed to get yards after contact.

As long as we're talking RB's, I still think we should not have let Nick Brosette go. He was the more powerful of all our running backs. He showed good hands too. He was not a 3 down back but he could certainly get the 2 yard run when you needed.....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the chances that Yondy Cajuste actually plays this year?

Projected to be a starter last year before getting injured. Can he be what NE needs? Too bad he didn't come back last season (he was only supposed to miss 3 months).
Would've been nice to have him schooled by Scar.

Get a FA TE.
Validaye if Cajuste can be an effective starter?

Go get the best available in the draft. Preferably one without a history of injuries.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear on the speed thing...I’m in no way advocating to just stick any dude who happens to be fast out there just because he’s fast. Obviously it has to be someone that can actually take advantage of the mismatches the speed would create. Slater’s fast af. That doesn’t mean I think we should re-sign him and send him on 30 fly patterns a game.

Having a RB that can get to the edge once in awhile would be nice, too.

No one is saying stick Husain Bolt out there. Most NFL receiver can catch my point is a middle of the pack WR with speed that would come cheap

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear on the speed thing...I’m in no way advocating to just stick any dude who happens to be fast out there just because he’s fast. Obviously it has to be someone that can actually take advantage of the mismatches the speed would create. Slater’s fast af. That doesn’t mean I think we should re-sign him and send him on 30 fly patterns a game.

Having a RB that can get to the edge once in awhile would be nice, too.

No one is saying stick Husain Bolt out there. Most NFL receiver can catch my point is a middle of the pack WR with speed that would come cheap