• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Steelers backfield

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A real cat or a grown ass man dressed up as a kitty?

Looks like any other uniform. Have you seen your Steelers throw back jersey? Talk about a grown ass man dressing like an idiot.

I would still like to see you standing in front of Atkins or Burfict and say that. Those grwn ass men dressing like supposed little kitty cats, would tear you limb by limb.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2011: 516 ATT / 3398 yards / 6.6 avg / 20 TD / 13 INT (1 every 39.69 att) / 80.4 QBR (9 wins)
2012: 528 ATT / 3669 yards / 6.9 avg / 27 TD / 16 INT (1 every 33 att) / 87.4 QBR (10 wins)
2013: 586 ATT / 4293 yards / 7.3 avg / 33 TD / 20 INT (1 every 34.13 att) / 88.8 QBR (11 wins)

Dalton is obviously trending upwards, and I believe under Jackson's system, he will actually improve even more. Dalton is still young and rising, where Ben has already reached his peek and may be on the downside of his career.

Ben is not that much better than Dalton. Where I give Ben the huge nod is his ability to make would be sackers miss, his ability to move in the pocket and make something happen when nothing is there. Ben is a good QB, I am not denying that. I just don't think he is as far ahead of Dalton as you would think he is.

When you speak about RB's anymore, you have to talk about your big two starting RB's. Before the Bengals nabbed Hill in the draft, I would have agreed that starting RB for Pittsburgh was better. I don't think it is that much different now with Hill's aggressive attacking style of run, and Bernard's finessee make you miss style of running. They are a perfect compliment to one another.

Green is the second best WR in the league behind Charles Johnson. So any name you mention on the Steelers is no where close.

The Steelers have Heath Miller when he is actually healthy, but the Bengals have two 1st round picks at TE and both are very special athletes in Gresham and Eifert. Cincinnati wins here because they have two really good TE's, Pittsburgh is lucky to have their #1 half the season it seems.

OLine. Cincinnati here again, because even when Pittsburgh's line is healthy they have a hell of a time keeping Ben upright.

Overall, Cincinnati possesses excellent skill players, a good Oline, and some really good depth. Pittsburgh is maybe a 15th ranked type of offense, Cincinnati is capable of being a top 10 offense this season.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell / 244 ATT / 860 YARDS / 3.5 AVG / 8 TD's / 45 CATCHES / 399 YARDS / 8.9 AVG / 0 TD's

Bernard / 170 ATT / 695 YARDS / 4.1 AVG / 5 TD's / 56 CATCHES / 514 YARDS / 9.2 AVG / 3 TD's

Bernard was also our backup running back too. What exactly makes you think in general that Bell is so much better than Bernard? I am just curious when looking at those numbers, and knowing that Bernard was our backup.

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said everyone agrees. I asked for one source. You failed.

Ben is much better than Dalton - That's a a fact. Nobody disputes it. Nobody disputes the fact that the Bengals haven't won in the postseason because of Dalton. It's a a fair point.

The Steelers offense has not been good the last 2 years. That's a fact, backed up by data.

One source? Me. I win. Next.

Now, your claim is that Green is that much better than Brown that it not only negates the advantage Ben holds over Dalton but eclipses it, correct? Or are you making the claim that Bernard is that much better than Bell?

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could care less about what people say during an interview. Ben hasn't performed as well under Haley as he did under Arians. Arians is a great coach -- Hard to dispute.
You didn't make the claim that Arians was better than Haley. You made the claim that Ben and Haley didn't get along. I'm asking where you got your information if it didn't come from an interview or op-ed.

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still better than the horrible Bumblebee uniforms the Steelers wear every year

pittsburgh-steelers-bumble-bee-throwback-jerseys.jpg

Hahaha. I hate those things. Ugliest uniforms in the history of pro-sports. But, they are uniforms and not costumes. And they aren't purple.

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would still like to see you standing in front of Atkins or Burfict and say that. Those grwn ass men dressing like supposed little kitty cats, would tear you limb by limb.
Ugh. Did we really digress to the point where you are talking about how your linebackers and defensive lineman could kick my ass? Really? I love Bengals fans. Best. Fans. In. The. Third. Grade. Eva!

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh. Did we really digress to the point where you are talking about how your linebackers and defensive lineman could kick my ass? Really? I love Bengals fans. Best. Fans. In. The. Third. Grade. Eva!

I am not putting on a Bengals uniform. You are calling our players pussies. So I would imagine you had no issues saying this directly to these guys. I mean, you are the one cock wagging, so I am sure you have the juice to back up your mouth at some point. Your beef is not with me either, so I am not calling you out against me, you are calling yourself out to our players that put on the uniform.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped here. I get optimism. Mine borders on homerism at times. You though... delusional. And there is no discussion with that.

Did you even look at the stats? How is a 92 QB rating heads and shoulders above a near 89 QBR?

I was not disagreeing that Ben is better and he is the better leader, but statistically, Ben really is not much better than Dalton. Statistically, it is logical to think that Dalton will continue to improve (as he has every year), where Ben's best is behind him now.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are a "wash". Both young and promising.

But what fun is that?

meow.

You are the one saying Pittsburgh has a much better offense than the Bengals. The league and critics around the league would disagree with you. The burden of proof here is on you my friend, not the other way around. I am not trying to debunk what is league wide considered a fact.

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've explained why I think that and it isn't because Bell is "better" than Bernard.

But you should just have your linebackers kick my ass for making fun of their uniforms anyway.

Lol. This guy...

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've explained why I think that and it isn't because Bell is "better" than Bernard.

But you should just have your linebackers kick my ass for making fun of their uniforms anyway.

Lol. This guy...

Ahhh..when you have nothing to say, deflect. This guy is a real winner.

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. You guys are WAY TOO SERIOUS.

You guys are just more “sensitive” than I'm used to. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings or insult your team. Gotta be honest, I did mean to insult the costumes though. But I don't think the Steelers are better than the Bengals from a talent perspective. I don't think the Steelers have a better shot at the division than the Bengals. I think because of our quarterback and several pieces around him we could still a few and weirder things have happened. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Steelers finish first and the Bengals second or third.

But no, in all honesty I do not think that the Steelers are better than the Bengals.I thought it was clear with bengaldoug's post and mine that followed that we were just throwing around childish banter, and not to mention the whole cheech and chong thing didn't strike me as overly serious either.

Being the new kid on the block I probably need to get a better gauge on how quickly and easily people get their feelings hurt around here before engaging.

Have a good one guys. No hard feelings.

Last edited by a moderator:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you. But players don't care about what sorts of success a franchise had in the 70s. They only know what they've experienced.

The current Bengals roster only has 16 players that were around the last time we had a losing season. In the past 5 seasons the Bengals have had 4 winning records and 4 playoff appearances. There are only handful of people on the team that have been around the organization for longer than 5 years.

The Bengals also tend to draft most of their players from top, winning programs.

So your point is valid, but you could argue that the guys on the current team belong to a winning culture.

History...I wish they did win 6 in the 70s, but I get your point, most of those guys weren't even born...here's the difference...when you have 3 or 4 SB trophies...the standard is different...right now I think CIN/ATL/DET...teams that have had some good success in the regular season want to win it all of course, but realistically they would be happy with a playoff win...whereas PIT/NE/NYG/GB...getting to the playoffs and winning a game but not winning it all is a failure.

Recent culture...agreed. Obviously any position is good, imo the player that you really want with a winning pedigree is the QB. Bottomline...CIN has the players...imo stability at HC (certainly a better OC)...now it's a matter of taking the next step.

PIT is trying to rebuild the players....and after watching that last night...it's a work in progress.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You guys are just more “sensitive” than I'm used to. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings or insult your team. Gotta be honest, I did mean to insult the costumes though. But I don't think the Steelers are better than the Bengals from a talent perspective. I don't think the Steelers have a better shot at the division than the Bengals. I think because of our quarterback and several pieces around him we could still a few and weirder things have happened. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Steelers finish first and the Bengals second or third.

But no, in all honesty I do not think that the Steelers are better than the Bengals.I thought it was clear with bengaldoug's post and mine that followed that we were just throwing around childish banter, and not to mention the whole cheech and chong thing didn't strike me as overly serious either.

Being the new kid on the block I probably need to get a better gauge on how quickly and easily people get their feelings hurt around here before engaging.

Who the hell let this pole smoker onto the site?

ATL, long time no see...should be an interesting year. Pitt trying to rebound and Cin looking to make a deeper run ... odd how things can flip flop in sports. Usually, it's the other way around.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And you're less intelligent than we are used to.

Go away.