• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Steelers backfield

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the past doesn't help this season, but it's good to have it...it instills that winning is the standard...the only standard...whereas a team with a losing history is trying to develop that and it's not easy to do.

Top to bottom CIN does have the best talent imo...theoretically CIN & CLE should have better talent by now...there's nothing to really figure out here...Dalton...he's the wildcard for the Bengals, if he plays up to his contract CIN should win the DIV...but he has some skeletons.

As I see it...PIT, CIN, and BAL all have the goods to win the DIV, but all have some questions to be answered.

There you go, messing up our childish banter with logic....................:yahoo:

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, what a buzzkill...I had my :pop2: all ready for the continued banter.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIFY. That's cute. You guys have your own little internet language. Like Furbies.

But I can get behind that. Maybe the Bengals leap the Ravens and finish second in the division at around 9-7.

Fuck you and your fucking bullshit trolling. Ban this fucking retard. Thanks.

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, what a buzzkill...I had my :pop2: all ready for the continued banter.

Don't underestimate the depth of my immaturity. A single logical and well thought out post will not end my childish banter BWAHAHAHAHA!

Love you too cupcake.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah. More "the Bengals are the future and the Steelers are the past". Huh. Where's Chad Johnson when you need him? Black and white TV indeed.

Nice move though. A team with no glory in the past is always best served by attempting to devalue another teams past as trivial and irrelevant. You guys don't really have a choice. I respect that.

I'm sure we'll be talking about this season in two months or so and you will be talking about winning the division in the ah...past. And so it goes.

Your team hasn't won the division in three years and hasn't gotten better. You can argue that they are even worse -- Troy P. is a shadow of what he once was, receiving talent has left for other places, offensive line play has never improved, etc. How are they now three games better than everyone else?

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIFY. That's cute. You guys have your own little internet language. Like Furbies.

But I can get behind that. Maybe the Bengals leap the Ravens and finish second in the division at around 9-7.

That's what Big Ben said in that stall...... Allegedly.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the past doesn't help this season, but it's good to have it...it instills that winning is the standard...the only standard...whereas a team with a losing history is trying to develop that and it's not easy to do.

Top to bottom CIN does have the best talent imo...theoretically CIN & CLE should have better talent by now...there's nothing to really figure out here...Dalton...he's the wildcard for the Bengals, if he plays up to his contract CIN should win the DIV...but he has some skeletons.

As I see it...PIT, CIN, and BAL all have the goods to win the DIV, but all have some questions to be answered.

I agree with you. But players don't care about what sorts of success a franchise had in the 70s. They only know what they've experienced.

The current Bengals roster only has 16 players that were around the last time we had a losing season. In the past 5 seasons the Bengals have had 4 winning records and 4 playoff appearances. There are only handful of people on the team that have been around the organization for longer than 5 years.

The Bengals also tend to draft most of their players from top, winning programs.

So your point is valid, but you could argue that the guys on the current team belong to a winning culture.

Mr Steeler

ReMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you. But players don't care about what sorts of success a franchise had in the 70s. They only know what they've experienced.

The current Bengals roster only has 16 players that were around the last time we had a losing season. In the past 5 seasons the Bengals have had 4 winning records and 4 playoff appearances. There are only handful of people on the team that have been around the organization for longer than 5 years.

The Bengals also tend to draft most of their players from top, winning programs.

So your point is valid, but you could argue that the guys on the current team belong to a winning culture.

True enough that the Bengals are a much improved team, but what is still lacking is that first play off win. You might be right this could be the year but until they get over that hump they will still be the number 3 team in the AFC north

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We can't ban him right now. The hidden bylaws state that we must host one moron on our forum at all times...... So until that asshat Ravens fan comes back, I think we'll have to keep the troll as the village idiot.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True enough that the Bengals are a much improved team, but what is still lacking is that first play off win. You might be right this could be the year but until they get over that hump they will still be the number 3 team in the AFC north

No. Until they get over that hump, they will be the AFC N champion that can't win a playoff game.

They don't have a problem winning games in the division. They have a problem winning games in the postseason.

Mr Steeler

ReMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Until they get over that hump, they will be the AFC N champion that can't win a playoff game.

They don't have a problem winning games in the division. They have a problem winning games in the postseason.

Whatever it takes to get you through the night.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that retard Steeler fan really arguing indisputable fact?

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Steelers are more talented on offense than the Bengals and way better than the Ravens.

Defense the Bengals are probably best in the division, by a small margin. The Steelers are pretty young now on defense and there could be growing pains.

Where the Steelers really shine versus the Bengals is at the QB/Staff positions. We're a better organization. We'll be back on top soon enough.

Wait, what??

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We can't ban him right now. The hidden bylaws state that we must host one moron on our forum at all times...... So until that asshat Ravens fan comes back, I think we'll have to keep the troll as the village idiot.

Sure we can, we have "Mr Steeler" now.

Mangler

Dis-member
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upinsmoke-colorfulvanjoint-tsrimg.jpg
BWAHAHAHAHAHA... thats funny, Did you come up with that yourself or did you have help?

Cincinnati's new fight song..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever it takes to get you through the night.

Wait. What?

Didn't I state that we haven't gotten over the hump and won a playoff game?

Didn't I state that we have been able to beat the Ravens and Steelers enough to win the division here and there. Two times in last 5 years. Same as Ravens. One more than Steelers.

So the takeaway is that we've done okay in the regular season and sucked in the postseason. There's not a single Bengal fan that will deny that...... What exactly do I need to get through the night?

If you Steeler fans are going to hang out over here can you at least try to make sense?

Last edited by a moderator:

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, what??

I'm not sure what you don't understand here.... The Steeler fan claims that they have a better offense than the Bengals and a MUCH better offense than the Ravens.

Clearly this must be true because they were 20th in total offense last year and they were better than at least 5 teams at running the football. That's some impressive shit.

Throw in a key loss at the receiver position, a failure to fire an offensive coordinator that is loathed by the franchise qb, and a continued trend of ignoring a substandard offensive line and I think you have a recipe for a top 3 offense.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what you don't understand here.... The Steeler fan claims that they have a better offense than the Bengals and a MUCH better offense than the Ravens.

Clearly this must be true because they were 20th in total offense last year and they were better than at least 5 teams at running the football. That's some impressive shit.

Throw in a key loss at the receiver position, a failure to fire an offensive coordinator that is loathed by the franchise qb, and a continued trend of ignoring a substandard offensive line and I think you have a recipe for a top 3 offense.

The Steelers fan won't understand your post. You used too many facts and came to a logical conclusion.

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idiot. Troll. Retard. Got it. Can't imagine what you would call me if I followed a team of grown men that dressed up like kitty cats on Sundays but I digress. Impressive display of maturity Bengal-Nation. You've earned your stripes.

I would take Ben/Bell/Brown over Dalton/Bernard/Green and most people would. The offensive line should be a strength this year. Most people who don't paint on stripes for the big weekend agree. It is what it is. I didn't mean to chap your pee-flaps ladies.