• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The series of horrible decisions continue in da Burgh..

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the fuck would we hire the Bill's offensive line coach? That's like asking a waitress to take back a warm glass of water and having her bring you back out the same fucking one!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRR

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add Ben to the list of decisionmakers

netsteeler

Warning! now your out!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our most idiotic decision maker is BEN! and having an idiot like Ariens allow him to decide for himself is the problem!

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with fuzz on this one net .. ben aint that bad ... but arians forces him to make the dicisions he makes

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm... My OP was wrong. I was pleased with the way our offensive line played last year. Of course, I didn't see Pouncey becoming the stud that he is so fast either.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Perspiration poured off him as he took part in a series of sprints under a broiling sun and the watchful eye of performance coach Tom Shaw at Disney's Wide World of Sports.

One thing Ike Taylor does not seem to be sweating these days is whether he will return to the Steelers after NFL business resumes and the veteran cornerback hits the open market as an unrestricted free agent.

Taylor said he "definitely" wants to sign a long-term deal with the Steelers. And he seems to subscribe to the same thinking that has the organization optimistic its top cornerback will be back for the 2011 season and beyond: The Steelers want Taylor, and Taylor doesn't want to leave the city he calls home or the team he has helped win a pair of Super Bowls.

"I'm pretty sure we're on the page," Taylor said Thursday after working out with almost 20 players, including Steelers teammates James Farrior and William Gay, under the supervision of Shaw. "We've just got to wait for this lockout (to end). The ball's in their court."

The Steelers had what director of football operations Kevin Colbert said in February were preliminary talks with Taylor on a new contract, and those took place prior to the lockout that went into effect on March 11.

Where it gets potentially complicated is agreeing on the "fair value" that Taylor said he is seeking.

Taylor, who signed a five-year, $23.5 million contract in 2006, has started every game except one since Mike Tomlin took over as the Steelers' coach in 2007. The 6-foot-2, 195-pounder routinely shadows opposing teams' top wide receivers, and he is also a key member of the Steelers' kickoff coverage team.

Taylor is generally regarded as one of the better cover cornerbacks in the NFL. The only thing that has prevented him from making the Pro Bowl is the fact that he only has 11 career interceptions — in part because of the difficulties he has had catching the ball when it is thrown his way.

"He had a spectacular season last year, probably the best I've seen since I've been here," said Farrior, the Steelers' defensive captain. "I know (the Steelers) are excited to get him back, but with the lockout going on we just all have to wait."

When asked how important it is for the Steelers to re-sign Taylor, Farrior said, "Top priority, no doubt about it."

The problem for the Steelers is others teams may make luring Taylor away from Pittsburgh a top priority.

Demand generally exceeds supply when it comes to quality cornerbacks.

What further enhances Taylor's value to the Steelers is Bryant McFadden, who started opposite him in 2010, struggled after the Steelers re-acquired him, and there doesn't appear to be anybody on the roster ready to fill the role of No. 1 cornerback.

Taylor turned 31 last week and has played eight NFL seasons, but one of the Steelers' fastest players said he is not even close to slowing down.

"I'm a late starter, that's what people have got to understand," Taylor said. "I didn't start playing college football until my junior year. You look at the Darrell Greens, the Rod Woodsons, people at my position, those guys played 17, 18 years in the league. Only a few do it, only a few come every few decades. I feel like I'm one of them this decade."

netsteeler

Warning! now your out!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with fuzz on this one net .. ben aint that bad ... but arians forces him to make the dicisions he makes

ben aint that bad? HE THREW THE FUCKING SUPER BOWL AWAY WHEN THE TIGHT END WAS FUCKING WIDE OPEN FOR AN EASY TOUCHDOWN!

go%W#$damm idiot ben threw into double coverage when HEEEEEATH had his hand up for a wide open pass! if thats not BENS fault then it MUST be mine right?

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a little unrest among the natives I see,,,,,,,,and this year so far even with 2 wins has sucked,the D isn't playing well the O-line shit what can be said for those bastards,it's been really bad we have no running game to speak of,,,,,,,,,,,,,,WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO WAKE UP