• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE SEC Thread

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 Bama signee to go JUCO route, likely to return to Tide | CollegeFootballTalk

“I don’t think this has changed his relationship with Alabama as far as I know,” Ashley Johnson said. “He loves Alabama. That’s where he wanted to be. And as far as they were concerned, he was good to go obviously or they wouldn’t have brought him on board in January and got him in school. As far as they were concerned, his eligibility looked great — from the coaching staff and the college itself.”

As for when Flowers would return to Tuscaloosa, Johnson is unsure if it will be one year or two for Flowers at the JUCO. Johnson, though, is leaning toward it being the latter, which means Flowers wouldn’t return to the Tide until the 2017 season.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I guess Kenyan Drake has really matured since the 2013 season if he's going to media days. Good for him.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oseuxks.jpg

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hogs RB Kody Walker granted sixth year of eligibility | CollegeFootballTalk

The Razorbacks announced in a press release that Kody Davis has been granted a sixth season of eligibility. The school stated “Walker will be re-classified as a junior for athletic competition” and that “[h]is clock has been extended and he is now eligible to compete in both the 2015 and 2016 football seasons.”

Walker’s case for a sixth season was fairly straight-forward and a no-brainer. In 2011, Walker played in the first three games before a combination of an ankle issue and a stress fracture in his shin knocked him out for the balance of that season. He played in the first two games of the following season before a broken leg sidelined him for the remainder of the year.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State signee officially signs Georgia paperwork | CollegeFootballTalk

Wednesday, Mirko Jurkovic confirmed to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that he has signed his Georgia financial aid paperwork and will be a Bulldog moving forward. The signing comes a couple of days after Jurkovic, a 2015 Ohio State signee, took to Twitter to announce he would be enrolling at UGA, although there was some question as to how soon that would come to fruition.

“It’s a lot of weight off the shoulders,” Jurkovic told the Journal-Constitution. “I can finally stop worrying about finding a college and get ready for training camp. …

“I’m excited to see what Athens is all about and I’m excited to meet the players. I’m looking forward to building good relationships with everyone that’s there.”

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ex-Texas OL Darius James enrolled at Auburn | CollegeFootballTalk
Nearly two months ago it was reported that Darius James would be moving on from Texas to Auburn. This weekend, that news has semi-officially come to fruition.

A school spokesperson has confirmed to al.com that James has enrolled at AU and will continue his playing career with the Tigers.

Because of NCAA transfer rules, James will be forced to sit out the 2015 season. Beginning in 2016, James will have two years of eligibility remaining.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One Bama team put players in the NFL than any other team in the nation | Fan Buzz

Of the players that played on the Tide’s 2011 BCS National Champion team, thirty-nine players who saw action that season are currently on NFL rosters.

No other school in the country can boast such numbers heading into the coming NFL season. Here is the list of all the players from that team and the NFL franchise they play for.

Arizona Cardinals: Guard Anthony Steen, defensive lineman Ed Stinson.

Baltimore Ravens: Linebacker C.J. Mosley, safety Nick Perry, linebacker Courtney Upshaw.

Buffalo Bills: Offensive tackle Cyrus Kouandjio.

Carolina Panthers: Safety Robert Lester.

Chicago Bears: Tight end Brian Vogler.

Cincinnati Bengals: Linebacker Nico Johnson, cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick, quarterback AJ McCarron.

Detroit Lions: Linebacker Jerrell Harris, tight end Michael Williams (who’s now an offensive tackle).

Green Bay Packers: Safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, linebacker Adrian Hubbard, running back Eddie Lacy, punter Cody Mandell.

Houston Texans: Defensive lineman Jeoffrey Pagan.

Indianapolis Colts: Defensive tackle Josh Chapman.

Jacksonville Jaguars: Long snapper Carson Tinker.

Miami Dolphins: Wide receiver Christion Jones.

Minnesota Vikings: Offensive tackle Austin Shepherd.

New England Patriots: Linebacker Xzavier Dickson, linebacker Dont’a Hightower.

New Orleans Saints: Safety Vinnie Sunseri.

New York Jets: Cornerback Dee Milliner.

Oakland Raiders: Running back Trent Richardson.

San Diego Chargers: Offensive tackle D.J. Fluker, defensive lineman Damion Square.

San Francisco 49ers: Defensive lineman Quinton Dial, wide receiver DeAndrew White.

Seattle Seahawks: Wide receiver Kevin Norwood, defensive tackle Jesse Williams.

St. Louis Rams: Safety Mark Barron, offensive tackle Barrett Jones (who now plays center and guard), tight end Brad Smelley.

Tennessee Titans: Fullback Jalston Fowler, guard Chance Warmack.

Washington Redskins: Offensive tackle Arie Kouandjio.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How bad does it have to suck for Texas to be recruiting against TCU now?

The LHN and their general influence in the Big12 has hurt Texas way more than their fans will ever admit too.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That team was loaded.

LSU was loaded too.

Those 2 teams that year were just on another level. You can see it in the other scores. Both teams would put up major points against basically every other team that year(30 and 40 most games). But when they played each other, 6-3 and 21-0(15 of it on FG's).

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chick-fil-A tried to schedule Auburn, Oregon in 2-game series | AL.com
Auburn and Oregon agreed in July to a one-game deal to open the 2019 season at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. The Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game attempted previously to pull the teams to Atlanta, though those plans fell through because of Oregon's unwillingness to play in Auburn's backyard, said Gary Stokan, the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game and Peach Bowl president.

"I'll be honest with you, we were the ones who started the Auburn-Oregon conversation and we did everything we could to try to get (it)," Stokan said. "Auburn wanted to play Oregon, Oregon wanted to play Auburn. Oregon didn't want to play Auburn in Atlanta without getting a rematch, so we talked to San Francisco, we talked to the Rose Bowl. We tried to put a neutral-neutral game with Auburn-Oregon and it just didn't work out."

Stokan said Chick-fil-A is attempting to lure Pac-12 teams, though that is nearly impossible because of distance between the schools and Atlanta. The game has mostly involved SEC and ACC schools, with nine of 12 matchups featuring an SEC team facing an ACC squad.