• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE SEC Thread

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Touted 2015 LSU signee returns to workouts after health scare | CollegeFootballTalk
Less than a week after a health scare sent him to the hospital, Derrius Guice is back at work.

According to the Baton Rouge Advocate, Guice returned to the weight room Mondayand was working out with his new LSU teammates. The 2015 signee collapsed during a workout last Wednesday and, as a precaution, was transported to a local hospital via ambulance, where he was ultimately diagnosed with dehydration and released a day later.

The running back is expected to participate in summer camp practices when they start up early next month.

“He’s fine,” head coach Les Miles said according to the Advocate. “What tests were done showed that all of his vitals, that he’s very healthy.”

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mizzou losing another DB to transfer | CollegeFootballTalk
Tuesday evening, we posted on Missouri cornerback David Johnson deciding to leave the Tigers and spend his final season elsewhere. Wednesday, we’ll lead off with more attrition to that unit.

A Mizzou spokesperson confirmed to theSt. Louis Post-Dispatch that, in addition to Johnson, fellow defensive back Chaston Ward has left the team with the intention of transferring to another football program. As was the case with Johnson, placement on the depth chart was likely the impetus behind Ward’s decision; after entering spring practice as the No. 2 safety, he spent most of the 15 scheduled sessions working with the third-team.

Ward, a three-star member of the Tigers’ 2012 recruiting class, redshirted as a true freshman, then played in six games in 2013. he played in all 14 games in 2014, totaling five tackles.

If Ward transfers to another FBS school,. he would very likely have to sit out the 2015 season. He would then have one year of eligibility remaining.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
olemisstickets.jpg

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...itional-two-a-days-practices-this-year-072315
d his Arkansas Razorback team into that state via a grueling offseason regiment like something out of the Junction Boys. In reality, the complete opposite is taking place in Fayetteville this season.

Bielema recently joined the Championship Drive Podcast and revealed his intentions to ease his players into a season which features only one bye week.

"We're not going to have two-a days," Bielema said. "Our kids don't even know that yet."

The approach heading into the season may seem odd from such a hard-nosed character, but the Razorback coach believes his team will be at an advantage entering the season as fresh as possible to withstand the daunting road which lies ahead for them in the SEC.

"We've put ourselves in a position to where physically we're ready," Bielema continued. "We need to be ready when the games are there.

The Hogs start the season with six consecutive weeks of games before heading into their only bye week halfway into their schedule.

"We play against each other every day in practice and hopefully are competing against one of the best offenses and defenses every day, and we want that season to be special. We've got to make sure we're fresh when we get there."

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jahmere Irvin-Sills opts for FCS after leaving Miss. St. | CollegeFootballTalk
The latest to find a fresh landing spot isJahmere Irvin-Sills, who North Dakota announced has been added to the FCS team’s roster. The cornerback had spent the past two years at Mississippi State.

Because he is transferring into an FCS program, Irvin-Stills will be eligible to play immediately in 2015. Counting this season, Irvin-Sills will have three years of eligibility remaining.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Orange Beach AL on vacation - went to Flora-Bama bar wearing my Oregon Football shirt. Had a great time with a LSU, and a BAMA fan. Auburn dude came up and reminded me of the Natty game but it was all good. Southern boys know how to party and music was great. There is a video out there with me on a table yelling Roll Tide but followed it up with a "OOOOOOOOOO"

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Orange Beach AL on vacation - went to Flora-Bama bar wearing my Oregon Football shirt. Had a great time with a LSU, and a BAMA fan. Auburn dude came up and reminded me of the Natty game but it was all good. Southern boys know how to party and music was great. There is a video out there with me on a table yelling Roll Tide but followed it up with a "OOOOOOOOOO"
I thought Katrina had destroyed the Florabama. Did they rebuild it?

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Florida DT Jay-nard Bostick is leaving The Swamp | CollegeFootballTalk
Florida’s defense is expected to be pretty good this season, but it will be without defensive tackle Jay-nard Bostwick. Bostwick, a redshirt sophomore, has been granted a release from his scholarship by the Gators and new head coach Jim McElwain, according to a report from GatorBait.net.

This news likely comes as no real surprise given he has not been with the team since the end of the 2014 season and a coaching change has been made in Gainesville. Bostwick likely would have been down on the depth chart this season anyway, so a chance to find a new football home could lead to a more pivotal role on a defensive line elsewhere.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Florida players cited for not paying food bill at bowling alley | CollegeFootballTalk
A pair of Florida Gators have gotten into some mild offseason trouble after skipping out on paying a tab at a bowling alley. Running back Adam Lane and defensive tackle Caleb Brantley were each charged with second-degree misdemeanor offenses, defrauding an innkeeper under $300.

As first reported by In All Kinds of Weather, the two players were part of a group that ran a tab up to $90. Brantley was responsible for $42.34 and Lane was accountable for $16.93. Neither player was arrested for the incident, and neither should be expected to serve severe punishments from the local authorities or the new head football coach, Jim McElwain. If anything, some brief missed playing time may come as punishment, but both Lane and Brantley should be expected to be in uniform for the season opener.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blueshirt freshman WR leaving Vols before playing a single down | CollegeFootballTalk
Freshman wide receiver Jocquez Brucewas to blueshirt this season for the Tennessee Volunteers. Instead, he will be looking for somewhere else to play his college football. Bruce released a statement saying he will no longer be attending the university and is parting ways following a mutual agreement with Tennessee head coach Butch Jones.

“I would like to announce that I will no longer be attending the University of Tennessee,” Bruce’s statement to the Knoxville News Sentinel said. “Coach Jones and I have talked and have together decided that this is what is best for me at this time. I still plan to attend college, as well as play football, and I look forward to working with Coach Jones, and the University of Tennessee, as they help me find an appropriate fit.”

Bruce was a three-star recruit out of Knoxville in Tennessee’s Class of 2015,according to his Rivals profile. He had agreed to join the program as a blueshirt, which means he joined the program as a preferred walk-on that would later receive a scholarship that can be counted toward the following recruiting cycle’s scholarship count or whenever a scholarship slot opens up within the program.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was wiped out by Hurricane Ivan in '04, run out of tents until '10 when it was rebuilt using salvaged material from the original.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope not the annual mullet toss was a great event.