• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE SEC Thread

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:whistle:

3659915.jpg

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Boise State over Washington.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC announces marathon Media Days schedule | CollegeFootballTalk

"Monday, July 13
— Commissioner Greg Sankey, Auburn (Gus Malzahn/players): 11:30 a.m. – 2:20 p.m.
— Florida (Jim McElwain/players), Vanderbilt (Derek Mason/players): 2:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.

Tuesday, July 14
— Steve Shaw, SEC Coordinator of Football Officials: 8:30 a.m. – 9 a.m.
— South Carolina (Steve Spurrier/players), Texas A&M (Kevin Sumlin/players): 9 a.m. – 12:20 p.m.
— Mississippi State (Dan Mullen/players), Tennessee (Butch Jones/players): 1 p.m – 4 p.m.

Wednesday, July 15
— Alabama (Nick Saban/players), Kentucky (Mark Stoops/players): 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
— Mizzou (Gary Pinkel/players), Arkansas (Bret Bielema/players): 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.

Thursday, July 16
— Georgia (Mark Richt/players), Ole Miss (Hugh Freeze/players), LSU (Les Miles/players): 9 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.

The list of players attending SEC Media Days will be announced in early July."

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanting to play closer to Ohio home, OT Josh Krok transfers from UK | CollegeFootballTalk
Listed at 6-8, 317 pounds, Krok was a three-star member of UK’s 2014 recruiting class, rated as the No. 39 offensive tackle in the country and the No. 24 player at any position in the state of Ohio. Injuries sustained during summer camp derailed the coaching staff’s plans for immediate playing time as a true freshman.

Krok, who took a redshirt for 2014, would likely have to sit out the 2015 season if his ultimate destination is another FBS program.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, I used to post there, I actually got banned for posting a link to goallineblitz. :L

It was back before SEC Rant broke off from Tigerdroppings. I made an alt and snuck back in. :kermit:

I read more than post. It's a fast forum, but lots of slow people.

And the features are so bad lacking it's like posting on the internet in 1999.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read more than post. It's a fast forum, but lots of slow people.

And the features are so bad lacking it's like posting on the internet in 1999.
I joined in '09, but ditched that place when I joined here. A lot of d-bags there, but I'm guessing the majority that post there are high school and college kids. There were a couple there that we're alright though.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I joined in '09, but ditched that place when I joined here. A lot of d-bags there, but I'm guessing the majority that post there are high school and college kids. There were a couple there that we're alright though.

Yeah that's what I get from it.

It's like watching 100 Paul Finebaum shows at once. If you ever need a reason to hate on any fanbase, read that forum for an hour.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ole Miss TE Epps dismissed, now a Rebel without a team | CollegeFootballTalk

The depth chart at Ole Miss is now a little tighter at tight end. Sammie Epps has been removed from the programdue to a violation of team rules.

That’s the company line anyway, from a spokesperson from the football offices in Oxford, Mississippi. The cause of or final straw for head coach Hugh Freeze may be left unknown, but we do know Epps was charged for pot possession and driving without a valid drivers licenselast August. That’s typically not a good look. Epps was reportedly in the running for a shot at some playing time at slot receiver, but that will no longer be the case.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama's depth takes a hit, as Tide lose HB and DB on the same day | FOX Sports

In a rather rare occurrence, the Alabama Crimson Tide have lost a signee already enrolled in school due to the player being ruled academically ineligible.

Four-star running back, and early enrollee, DeSherrius Flowers will not play this season for the Tide despite being enrolled at the university since January.

According to the Atlanta Journal Constitution, Flowers lost his ability to play this season "due to a recently discovered initial eligibility issue."

Flowers' high school coach, Ashley Johnson, spoke about his former players situation after the news broke.

“I’m sure he’s disappointed about this,” Johnson said. “But after the initial reaction wears off, he’s like me in the way that he’ll find the positives out of it. I’m sure Coach Saban and the staff are pointing those out to him. As far as his career, this is nothing. This isn’t even hardly a bump in the road. In fact, there are some advantages are some advantages of this – you get more acquainted with school, and you get more acquainted with (the football program). You’re only going to be bigger and better going into the next year."

Flowers becomes the fourth running back lost this offseason for Alabama, joining Tyren Jones (dismissed for marijuana possession), Altee Tenpenny (transfer to UNLV) and Bo Scarbrough (knee injury).

The Tides' four-man rotation now becomes three as Derrick Henry, Kenyon Drake and freshman Damien Harris are expected to garner most of the backfield touches.

To make matters worse, Nick Saban announced that sophomore defensive back Jonathan Cook is "no longer a member of the team." Saban gave no other details at this time for this decision.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Bama has taken a lot of hits at RB this offseason.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia linebacker has DUI charge against him dropped | CollegeFootballTalk

Georgia linebacker Davin Bellamy no longer is facing three charges against him. The charges, which included a DUI charge, were dismissed because the arresting officer was fired from his position with the Athens-Clarke County Police Department.The charges stem

The charges stem from a July 2014 incident that landed Bellamy a two-game suspension from Georgia head coachMark Richt. Bellamy was charged with underage possession of alcohol, speeding and driving under the influence. Bellamy sat out Georgia’s first tow games of the 2014 season. As previously reported, the charges filed against Bellamy at the time were subject to mandated discipline from the Georgia student-athlete handbook. A suspension for 20 percent of the team’s regular season was in order.

According to Athens Banner-Herald, the police officer that arrested Bellamy was arrested in May for allegedly sexually assaulting a juvenile. After initially being suspended, the officer (Kris Ward) was fired following an investigation into the incident. Ward was charged with child molestation, aggravated sexual battery and violation of oath of office.

Charges or no charges, Bellamy previously apologized for his actions and served his time with the program. He may be escaping legal trouble, which is good, but it should still serve as a life lesson.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15 for '15: College football's strongest players | NFL.com

14. D.J. Jones, DL, Ole Miss
There's no knocking the weightlifting program at East Mississippi Community College. That's where Jones came from, and the new Rebels transfer stepped onto the Oxford, Miss., campus as one of the team's strongest players from Day 1. He bench presses 440 pounds, squats 650, and has a clean max of 330. At 6-0, 324 pounds, he could be an anchor inside for Ole Miss.

3. Owen Williams, DL, Tennessee
A 2014 transfer from Butler (Kan.) Community College, Williams (6-2, 290 pounds) quickly established himself among his new teammates as a workout warrior. He can squat 710 pounds and bench presses 510 (36 reps at 225). He made 21 tackles and two sacks last year, and figures to be an even more effective presence in the interior for the Volunteers this fall as a senior.

2. Conner McGovern, OL, Missouri
The Tigers' starting offensive lineman with tackle-guard versatility has put on 50 pounds of muscle since arriving on campus in 2011. At 310 pounds, he can now bench press 470 pounds, squat a whopping 750, and hang clean 400-plus. His max of 39 reps of 225 pounds on the bench would have ranked among the strongest players on hand at the 2015 NFL Scouting Combine. Missouri's season opener against Southeast Missouri will be his 29th start in a row.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15 for '15: College football's biggest players | NFL.com

12. Damien Robinson, OL, Mississippi State
Size: 6-8, 330
Buzz: Robinson missed his senior season last year when he tore an ACL in preseason practice, but thanks to a sixth year of eligibility granted by the NCAA, he's back for one more season. Robinson competed in spring drills, but has a battle on his hands if he hopes to leave his days as a career reserve and crack the Bulldogs' starting lineup. In a worst-case scenario, he should at least be MSU's "swing" tackle as the top backup at both spots.

9. Mason Zandi, OL, South Carolina
Size: 6-9, 313
Buzz: How big is South Carolina up front? Well, Zandi makes two consecutive years that a Gamecocks lineman has made this list, and neither of them has been massive right tackle Brandon Shell (6-6, 327, and nephew of Pro Football Hall of Fame guard Art Shell). Zandi is set to fill the shoes of another SEC giant from last year, 340-pound Corey Robinson, who was a seventh-round draft pick of the Detroit Lions. Zandi has logged only one career start, but he is expected to start at left tackle this fall as South Carolina looks to rebound from a dismal season.

7. Matt Elam, DL, Kentucky
Size: 6-7, 365
Buzz: Expectations were high for Elam last year as a freshman, probably too high. He appeared in 12 games, but made just 10 tackles in a backup role at nose guard. Although it remains to be seen if he's a starter -- his stamina is, of course, a question -- but Elam made steady improvement in the spring and will at least play more of a role this year as a rotating substitute.

6. David Sharpe, OL, Florida
Size: 6-6, 350
Buzz: The biggest problem Jim McElwain inherited on the Florida roster was a mess of an offensive line, but hopes are very high for at least one spot -- the all-important left tackle spot -- to be in Sharpe's very capable hands. He appeared in six games last year and figures to start them all, if healthy, this fall. Only a sophomore, Sharpe was a coveted recruit coming out of high school and could emerge as one of the SEC's better left tackles in short order.

4. Dan Skipper, OL, Arkansas
Size: 6-10, 307
Buzz: Skipper and Denver Kirkland will anchor both tackle positions for the Razorbacks this fall, but both are trying something different. Kirkland moves to left tackle from guard, while Skipper operated at left tackle last season and will flip to right tackle in 2015. Skipper played some of his best football late in the season last year, recording seven knockdown blocks in a physical game with LSU. Arkansas uses his 6-10 frame for more than just blocking; he blocked a kick against Missouri last year

2.Denver Kirkland, OL, Arkansas
Size: 6-5, 343
Buzz: The massive South Florida native was an every-game starter at right guard last season. This year, as a junior, he'll take over the coveted left tackle position. Although Arkansas doesn't throw a great deal, it will be a great opportunity for Kirkland to show NFL scouts what kind of pass protection skills he brings as a prospect. One factor that should make the position switch smoother: his position coach, Sam Pittman, is one of the best in the business.