• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Seattle Seahawks have traded for Jamaal Adams

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I get sensitive about negative NE remarks? I'll watch out for that. Hell, I speak ill of them when it's deserved. I like good banter when it has substance not just bs.

I made the KJ comment before the Atkins visit.

Olines need time to gel and drafting quality Olinemen are not easy.

No one answered the question about do you sign Brown now and let Diggs hit FA next year? Diggs is the best real safety Seattle has.
Not recently but a ways back. My point is a few Hawks fans shitted on you probably cause they were dumb/drunk but in no way shape or form does that represent the fan base. Every fan base has their asshole fans but that doesn't represent the entire fan base. Yes, I too slam the Hawks when deserved and I'm all about good banter.

I still would like to see the KJ signing with Atkins coming on board, but that depends on how much of a restructure Russ did.

I've been waiting for years for the o-line to gel....yep, still waiting.

Tough question. I would say sign Brown to a 2yr contract since he keeps Russ upright and depending on cap space if they can't find a way to resign Diggs, draft his replacement in the early rounds.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a new thread, but since Adams lwants more money, why not talk about the other Seattle safety looking for more money.

Quandre Diggs says "Show Me The Money"...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a new thread, but since Adams lwants more money, why not talk about the other Seattle safety looking for more money.

Such a bar secondary, two pro bowl safeties.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not recently but a ways back. My point is a few Hawks fans shitted on you probably cause they were dumb/drunk but in no way shape or form does that represent the fan base. Every fan base has their asshole fans but that doesn't represent the entire fan base. Yes, I too slam the Hawks when deserved and I'm all about good banter.

I still would like to see the KJ signing with Atkins coming on board, but that depends on how much of a restructure Russ did.

I've been waiting for years for the o-line to gel....yep, still waiting.

Tough question. I would say sign Brown to a 2yr contract since he keeps Russ upright and depending on cap space if they can't find a way to resign Diggs, draft his replacement in the early rounds.
I've never said the entire fanbase. As a matter of fact, I usually try and clarify that in my posts.

Remember, I lived in the greater Seattle area for a long time. So it wasn't just a few instances of dumb/drunk fans at a couple games that I hold my disdain towards many 12s. You and a few others excluded.

Rock and a hard spot, especially if you do sign Atkins and KJ. Adams has a big cap hit next year. Brown and Diggs won't be cheap.

Heck I think KJ is going to get paid by someone as soon as the injury bug starts hitting teams. It won't cripple a team but I don't think it's going to be vet minimum either. Too bad NE doesn't need LB help this year.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've asked. Only one fan was willing to discuss. Don't forget they also are in negotiations with Duane Brown.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the world turns, so are the days in Renton. 12s be like nothing to see.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the world turns, so are the days in Renton. 12s be like nothing to see.

Same surname, no relation to Stefon, same approach to contracts: "Fuck you. Pay me."

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks have $13 million in cap space. They are negotiating with Brown now. The are also discussing with Diggs now.

The first domino has fallen. The next, whether it be Brown or Diggs, should be announced soon.

In my opinion Diggs is the lesser priority between him and Brown, as S- Neal played quite well in the 2nd half of last year and has had a good camp this year by all reports. He could step in if the Diggs situation prolongs. There is no such option when it comes to Brown and the LT position.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks have $13 million in cap space. They are negotiating with Brown now. The are also discussing with Diggs now.

The first domino has fallen. The next, whether it be Brown or Diggs, should be announced soon.

In my opinion Diggs is the lesser priority between him and Brown, as S- Neal played quite well in the 2nd half of last year and has had a good camp this year by all reports. He could step in if the Diggs situation prolongs. There is no such option when it comes to Brown and the LT position.
Agree there is lack of depth on the Oline. Brown is getting long in the tooth. Adams isn't a true safety but occupies that spot on the roster. I think you may be overvaluing S-Neal in their current D. Didn't he just suffer an oblique injury? Has he recovered? Diggs was a pro bowler last year and your best true DB.

Tough decisions for the FO. They have also left KJ Wright out in the cold. Not good with the injury to BBK. Now Tre Brown is questionable. This is not the old LOB. The back end needs help. Maybe PC can coach them up?

The defensive line is one of the worst rated going into the season. The highest I've seen them rated is 24th.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And now they saw Adams force a deal and the team give in so they will do the same. Looks like Seattle can fit both deals under the cap and still get an RW deal done. But, even with a big increase in the cap it could be an issue in a few years looking at how they'll probably backload the deals (basing this off of Adams deal = $5M cap hit 2021; $24-$25M cap hit in 24 & 25 ). Of course this is what all teams are doing with big deals so nothing new.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now they saw Adams force a deal and the team give in so they will do the same. Looks like Seattle can fit both deals under the cap and still get an RW deal done. But, even with a big increase in the cap it could be an issue in a few years looking at how they'll probably backload the deals (basing this off of Adams deal = $5M cap hit 2021; $24-$25M cap hit in 24 & 25 ). Of course this is what all teams are doing with big deals so nothing new.
He most likely will not see years 4 and 5 of the deal. It will be renegotiated after year 3. The only way he sees those last 2 years of huge base salary is if he plays at a spectacular level.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree there is lack of depth on the Oline. Brown is getting long in the tooth. Adams isn't a true safety but occupies that spot on the roster. I think you may be overvaluing S-Neal in their current D. Didn't he just suffer an oblique injury? Has he recovered? Diggs was a pro bowler last year and your best true DB.

Tough decisions for the FO. They have also left KJ Wright out in the cold. Not good with the injury to BBK. Now Tre Brown is questionable. This is not the old LOB. The back end needs help. Maybe PC can coach them up?

The defensive line is one of the worst rated going into the season. The highest I've seen them rated is 24th.
Neal is questionable for this week but it appears to merely a precaution to ensure he is healthy for the regular season. I don't believe I am overvaluing him. He appears to be capable of performing at a starter level. Of Diggs would be preferable.

Even with the BBK injury it appears there is no roster spot for KJ. KJ was forced out because of the ascension of Brooks and Barton. BBK has basically only played ST to this point of his career. The injury is a shame but he was a #5 LB at best this year. I would like to see KJ back but he would need to accept a back up role and it isn't clear he is willing to do that.

The DL played very good in the 2nd half of the year last year. The DEs are solid enough but the ability for the DTs to get inside pressure is questionable, thus the Atkins visit. Green/Robinson/Taylor/Collier opposite Dunlap should be productive.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never said the entire fanbase. As a matter of fact, I usually try and clarify that in my posts.

Remember, I lived in the greater Seattle area for a long time. So it wasn't just a few instances of dumb/drunk fans at a couple games that I hold my disdain towards many 12s. You and a few others excluded.

Rock and a hard spot, especially if you do sign Atkins and KJ. Adams has a big cap hit next year. Brown and Diggs won't be cheap.

Heck I think KJ is going to get paid by someone as soon as the injury bug starts hitting teams. It won't cripple a team but I don't think it's going to be vet minimum either. Too bad NE doesn't need LB help this year.
I get it how you can be soured. I get Boston fans, NY fans, DC fans that start shit when their team is winning. I just let them trash talk and walk away from it. I've also run into good fans from those three rival cities and have had great talks. All in all, I don't let the dumbasses bother me or hold a grudge against those fans from the 3 cities.

If I had to choose 1 I'd take Atkins. I think our LB core will be fine but I need that front 4 to get as much pressure on the QB cause I do have some concerns with our DBs. Yes, Brown and Diggs won't be cheap which is why I'd rather have Brown and draft Diggs replacement. Comes down to more confidence in PC/JS drafting in D than an o-line guy.

KJ will find a team, hopefully us on a friendly deal but somebody will pay.