• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rangers force the Nationals to deal with Nate Lowe's stupid face: WSH @ TEX 6/24-26

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and this is where BP games bite your ass. Good thing Hearn threw 4 innings yesterday
Now to me this is the strongest reason to get another starter because yuu might burn turbos to shreds. Have to have inning esters

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
o
Miller still has 1.5 years and $7 million left on his contract
kay so what do we do then? everyone wants to see Smith and Duran get full playing time, but Culbertson and Miller will get time which will eat into that. we are going to have eat the 4M on Miller for next year. that way we could possibly rotate Smith and Duran between 3rd and LF

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
o

kay so what do we do then? everyone wants to see Smith and Duran get full playing time, but Culbertson and Miller will get time which will eat into that. we are going to have eat the 4M on Miller for next year. that way we could possibly rotate Smith and Duran between 3rd and LF
I think they keep Miller and lose Culbertson. Miller does not have to start except to rest other guys. He might be tradable though

Reactions: DTC

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have no problem getting Duran experience in AAA. Do need Huff to play daily somewhere and he needs to catch. The big issue is Garver playing injured at DH in essence blocking Huff.
I don’t mind seeing Duggar a few games before sending him down and yeah eventually both he and White won’t have a roster spot
A guy like Culbertson is more likely to be a roster casualty first.
Garver is not going to draw any interest right now playing with a Flexon injury. the Rangers need to put him on the 60-day IL forcing him to get the surgery now. read where he's thinking he might not get the surgery hoping it will clear itself over the off-season and then if not then have the surgery. that way he gets paid without playing.

• Bullseye

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now to me this is the strongest reason to get another starter because yuu might burn turbos to shreds. Have to have inning esters

Shouldn't be forced to bring guys up that aren't ready and need more seasoning in the minor leagues and the BP was not addressed. Should have added at least one more proven SP in the offseason and now they really need to add 2.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same kind of mistakes. Think about it.
Such as? Every team makes mistakes. You choose what you want to see

To me it was all CY who landed Leiter. It was said CYwas integral in the Seager/Semien signings selling them on thr Rangers long term plans to compete for a WS.

I could go on but I don’t see a guy like CY and his background working for the MLB coming over here to be JD puppet and have no voice at the table

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To me it was all CY who landed Leiter. It was said CU was integral in the Seager/Semien signings selling them on thr Rangers long term plans to compete for a WS.

I could go on but I don’t see a guy like CY and his background working for thr MLB conjng over here to be JD puppet and have no voice at the table
agreed but everything that was done later including signing Calhoun, Miller, Culberson, etc smacked of JD's hand. those were the kind of moves plus not addressing the BP that drove Nolan away.

we should have gone with the prospects to open the season and said "damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead" on the rebuild

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To me it was all CY who landed Leiter. It was said CU was integral in the Seager/Semien signings selling them on thr Rangers long term plans to compete for a WS.

I could go on but I don’t see a guy like CY and his background working for thr MLB conjng over here to be JD puppet and have no voice at the table
What about the Rotation and BP. Handeling of Huff Smith and Duran. Bringing up the prospects and playing FA. On and on.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the Rotation and BP. Handeling of Huff Smith and Duran. Bringing up the prospects and playing FA. On and on.
What about it?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanton with e HR for their first hit in 17 innings....guess they will keep that guy now

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the case of Otto today, most SP I have seen coming off Covid IL, have been bad in their first start or 2 back