• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Pats penalty for deflategate.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think it will be? I know most feel it will be a slap on the wrist. I don't. The NFL has taken it sweet time investigating this. Most think it is because they think the NFL didn't want to take away from the SB or draft. I think it's because Goodell is about about to lay the hammer on the Pats and wanted to cross his Ts and dot his i.
Goodell is getting ready to take away Krafts clout in the league. With good reason, Kraft has been using his position has pay master to lead Goodell around by his nose, but this time he over stepped. Brady out right cheated. He pressured the equipment folks to actually let air out of ball after they were checked. That's pretty damning and then Kraft has the balls to complain in public?

The hammer is coming down.

Brady suspended for the year.
Pats lose a first round draft picked and are fined.
Kraft gets kicked off the committee that decides Goodell pay.

Don't get your hopes up man. It wont happen like you hope it should . Glad you're not the NFL commish

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think picks will be involved. I bet Brady gets a hefty fine but no suspension. NFL has the Pats/Steelers on Thursday night. No way they are gonna sit Brady for that contest on national TV.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think it will be?

Brady suspended for the year.
Pats lose a first round draft picked and are fined.
Kraft gets kicked off the committee that decides Goodell pay.

Brady will most likely get a 2 game suspension and a fine. The Pats might also lose a draft pick but nothing too severe.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt there will be any penalty. Too much money at stake.

Like I said in another thread, they'll probably just re-write the rule.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, now the verict is out. Now the NFL needs to step up. Which will not happen because it's run by greedy pricks.
First Hoodie has got to go. This is not his first verified cheating scandal. No way he can stay and leave the NFL with any dignity.
Second Brady should be censured. Nobody is that squeeky clean and it should not be a surprise to anyone. I don't really think he should be thrown out of the league but the hall of fame should be oyt of the question.As for Kraft, he has got to go. No question, no quater. Force him to sell or pull his franchise and send it to LA.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, now the verict is out. Now the NFL needs to step up. Which will not happen because it's run by greedy pricks.
First Hoodie has got to go. This is not his first verified cheating scandal. No way he can stay and leave the NFL with any dignity.
Second Brady should be censured. Nobody is that squeeky clean and it should not be a surprise to anyone. I don't really think he should be thrown out of the league but the hall of fame should be oyt of the question.As for Kraft, he has got to go. No question, no quater. Force him to sell or pull his franchise and send it to LA.

Talk about a over reaction. Man I understand your team has not won in 2-3 decades but fuck that is just harsh.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about a over reaction. Man I understand your team has not won in 2-3 decades but fuck that is just harsh.
It may be harsh but you've gotta admit it was funny.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may be harsh but you've gotta admit it was funny.
Nothing funny about it. If the NFL wants to frame themselves as the premier sport in the country then their house better be spotless. Hoodie and Kraft have shit the rug too often. They have got to go.
Leave the fans with their championships, leave the players with their rings, but the brass has to go. If they have any class they are working on their LOR's tonight. No way can the league allow this and still hope for any sense of the spirit of the sport and the privlidges it entails. They have to go. There is no room for discussion.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing funny about it. If the NFL wants to frame themselves as the premier sport in the country then their house better be spotless. Hoodie and Kraft have shit the rug too often. They have got to go.
Leave the fans with their championships, leave the players with their rings, but the brass has to go. If they have any class they are working on their LOR's tonight. No way can the league allow this and still hope for any sense of the spirit of the sport and the privlidges it entails. They have to go. There is no room for discussion.
Great speech Steve.... :clap:

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady should have to lose some face, and sit for 2 games at the start of the season.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your tossing BB from the league, even though he was cleared? Do you always just assume someone who did something in the past is guilty again?

Also are you suspending Luck and punishing the Colts? I mean 4/5 balls were under inflated, then they decided they did not have time to measure the rest.

Brady retires.....Oh well...

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great speech Steve.... :clap:
Thanx Guns. I'm dead serious about this. If the league is going to suspend players for PED's and trivial BS like smoking pot then the owners should damn well be held to at least that standard. If Kraft and Hoodie can skirt the rules what kind of message does that send to the rest of the 2000 or so players and coaches in the league.Hell a NBAowner was pushed out for racial slurs, are you telling me the NFL cant get rid of these clowns for multiple cheating scandals?

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that was the rule...kind of why I asked...LOL
Ok, well I guess we've established something important here ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, neither of us know the rule. This is moving forward nicely.

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots franchise is forced to move to London in a attempt to help the league expansion. And, they must play all of their games on the road.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no standards for fines in current NFL, they will slowly pull out a strange explanation and off-the-wall figure from their collective behinds.