• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well hopefully you are right two weeks in a row. For my selfish reasons...

lol im not even making a pick just saying they got a shot....I didn't call the Oregon loss either just said wouldn't be a blow out.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting...

LA Daily News-- USC hopes to hire its next football coach in December, and Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin has emerged as the top target, according to sources.

Sumlin, who has won 30 games the past 2 1/2 seasons at Houston and Texas A&M, is also mentioned as a possible candidate at Texas and is one of the hottest names in coaching. There could be a bidding war after the season and he might even draw interest from NFL teams.

USC’s search is still in an early stage, but the Trojans have also reached out to former NFL coach and current ESPN analyst Jon Gruden, sources said.

Former Chicago Bears coach Lovie Smith has denied twice in the past month that he interviewed with USC. Meanwhile, USC athletic director Pat Haden has not acknowledged interviewing any candidates for the job.

Sumlin, Gruden, Boise State coach Chris Petersen, Vanderbilt coach James Franklin and Denver Broncos interim coach Jack Del Rio are the most frequent names associated with USC. Current Trojans coach Ed Orgeron will also be considered but is not expected to get the job.

However, Orgeron may be asked to stay at USC as an assistant, especially if someone with no West Coast ties like Sumlin gets the job.

Pac-12 Network analyst Rick Neuheisel believes Sumlin is ideal for USC.

“I’m hearing lot of names around the NFL, but I would say a guy like Kevin Sumlin might be the perfect choice,” Neuheisel told the Dan Patrick Show on Wednesday.

Sumlin was asked about being mentioned as a USC candidate shortly after Lane Kiffin was fired after the Trojans’ 62-41 loss to Arizona State.

“It means you’re winning and doing things the right way,” Sumlin said.

He makes $3.1 million at Texas A&M and could probably double his salary at USC. One source said Sumlin is an attractive candidate not just because he is successful but is viewed as a charismatic coach.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting...

LA Daily News-- USC hopes to hire its next football coach in December, and Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin has emerged as the top target, according to sources.

Sumlin, who has won 30 games the past 2 1/2 seasons at Houston and Texas A&M, is also mentioned as a possible candidate at Texas and is one of the hottest names in coaching. There could be a bidding war after the season and he might even draw interest from NFL teams.

USC’s search is still in an early stage, but the Trojans have also reached out to former NFL coach and current ESPN analyst Jon Gruden, sources said.

Former Chicago Bears coach Lovie Smith has denied twice in the past month that he interviewed with USC. Meanwhile, USC athletic director Pat Haden has not acknowledged interviewing any candidates for the job.

Sumlin, Gruden, Boise State coach Chris Petersen, Vanderbilt coach James Franklin and Denver Broncos interim coach Jack Del Rio are the most frequent names associated with USC. Current Trojans coach Ed Orgeron will also be considered but is not expected to get the job.

However, Orgeron may be asked to stay at USC as an assistant, especially if someone with no West Coast ties like Sumlin gets the job.

“I’m hearing lot of names around the NFL, but I would say a guy like Kevin Sumlin might be the perfect choice,” Neuheisel told the Dan Patrick Show on Wednesday.

Sumlin was asked about being mentioned as a USC candidate shortly after Lane Kiffin was fired after the Trojans’ 62-41 loss to Arizona State.

He makes $3.1 million at Texas A&M and could probably double his salary at USC. One source said Sumlin is an attractive candidate not just because he is successful but is viewed as a charismatic coach.

Sumlins ok.

Would rather see a coach who knows what a defense is if I were a USC fan.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sumlins ok.

Would rather see a coach who knows what a defense is if I were a USC fan.

Agree. Stanford last night once again showed how poor defense is across the Pac as a whole. Oregon runs up video game scores on everyone but them. We just don't have anything that resembles quality defense in this conference outside of them and even theirs is only great against specific types of offenses. USC needs a good defensive minded HC to get that program back up to where it was under Carroll on that side of the ball.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I dont think Sumlin is the answer. I just think that he is a product of JFF.

Lovie Smith... Now THAT is an idea.

What a great coach that would be for the PAC.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC should definitely hire Dennis Erickson :lol:

NativeWebfoot

Live to race-Race to live
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC should definitely hire Dennis Erickson :lol:
:agree: I can't think of a better replacement for Kiffin :lol: :L That's a sure way to keep USC from rising back to the top. For years, the PAC 10 was referred to as USC and the 9 dwarfs.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wallace, we are twins

GOOD GAWD I SEE THAT!

What the hell is going on around here? Who gave you that, why, for how long and why NOT Washington...your MOST hated rival?

By the way...Orange-n-black sucks on you. I have this picture in my mind of you as a BIG GUY wearing a small shirt with that avi emblem on it and the shirt doesn't cover your gut. I can't get it outta my mind!:laugh3:

Anyways...Like Whiz said, "It could have been worse."

Does this mean you have "ACCESS" to the Beaver home forum now?

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see it as winnable for usc...defense has been solid for most part outside of Arizona st. I don't see Stanford being able to run repeatedly vs SC front 7. passing game is starting to come around enough to keep defense honest.

100% agree with this assessment. USC FINDS the way to shut down Gaffney. USC D is coming around AND so is the O.

Trojans in a baseball score...3-2

AND I wanna see that game too!

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, first, sorry for drunk posting last night, half a handle of JD and Vicodin do not mix.

Second, Oregon, your team has balls, and Mariota is a gamer for sure. How pissed were you all to see DAT laughing and smiling when down 23-0? I would have been furious.

Third, I see Under Stanford Control (USC...get it?) as a very real threat to Stanford winning out. ND will get good calls from the refs, but crazy things happen in the Coliseum and in Reeser. My hope is that Stanford can keep it tight early and wear down a depleted roster on the D side with power runs next week. TF12 Avi bet?

ASU or UCLA, I honestly think the P12 south will be UCLA. ASwho is strong, Kelly is a good QB, but if UCLA can get some of the O-line healthy they have a real shot at the south title.

Now everybody say it with me: NERDS NERDS NERDS

Attachments

• 1465777_616085588435009_1502647486_o.jpg
    1465777_616085588435009_1502647486_o.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 40

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well. I feel fantastic now.

Didnt take long to get over the tough loss. I am very proud of the fight Oregon showed at the end.

Stanford's strength happens to be Oregon;s weakness.

I am a fan of an 8-1 team. I am hoping like hell for a USC win next week vs Stanford so the Ducks can back in to the CCG and play for a chance at the Rose Bowl. Sweet to even get to a BCS bowl if Oregon can win out.

A fiesta or orange bowl would be fantastic. Not what our fans wanted. But that Duck team can win some more games.

Got a tough road ahead with Utah, ZOna, and Oregon State. Win out and they will get a BCS at large i think.

Aint football a pain in the ass and bittersweet.

But I will always love my Ducks.

Good Luck to all of you the rest of the way PAC fans.

Here is to the PAC getting 8 teams in to bowl games and going 8-0.

Lets represent PAC fans!

I thank you all for the lesson in humility. It stings, but it wouldnt be right if the other 11 team's fans didnt pile on. The Duck Nation was ripe and ready for a slap in the face. And yall delivered.

No harm no foul!

First off, Great post!! Typical Mamba class.

Second, we will do our best to not only take care of Stanford for you, but also (with a little help) be there to face you in the PAC-12 CCG!!

Third, your NCG hopes took a serious shot, but getting to the NCG isn't impossible, you'll just need help. Win out, have a couple of teams in front of you lose and you're right back in the hunt. Worked a couple of times for 'Bama as I recall.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting...

Heard about this. The thing to keep in mind is that this is all pure speculation. The key sentence is bolded in the quote. Haden has been and will continue to be very closed mouth about this until the season is over and/or the hire is made.

He's doing this for 3 main reasons:

1.) Respect for the current team and coaching staff. He doesn't want to disrupt the rest of the season any more than it already has been. This team still has a chance at a good season and he wants to keep the distractions to a minimum.

2.) Respect for teams that are still in their season. He doesn't want to disrupt what they have going on.

3.) In our last 2 coaching searches, there were rejections of USC that were made public before the coach was hired. It is believed that those rejections caused other candidates to question what's going on and whether or not USC was the "destination job" that it should be.

Bottom line, I wouldn't put too much stock in ANY rumor unless it comes directly from Pat Haden.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, first, sorry for drunk posting last night, half a handle of JD and Vicodin do not mix.

Second, Oregon, your team has balls, and Mariota is a gamer for sure. How pissed were you all to see DAT laughing and smiling when down 23-0? I would have been furious.

Third, I see Under Stanford Control (USC...get it?) as a very real threat to Stanford winning out. ND will get good calls from the refs, but crazy things happen in the Coliseum and in Reeser. My hope is that Stanford can keep it tight early and wear down a depleted roster on the D side with power runs next week. TF12 Avi bet?

ASU or UCLA, I honestly think the P12 south will be UCLA. ASwho is strong, Kelly is a good QB, but if UCLA can get some of the O-line healthy they have a real shot at the south title.

Now everybody say it with me: NERDS NERDS NERDS

I'm in. Standard 1 week avi bet?

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey PAC12ers,

Hats off to Stanford. What a great team. Beasts on both sides of the ball. That was a complete team victory. Shaw is an amazing coach and I hope he gets swooped up by the NFL soon, LOL.

I am concerned about the rest of the Duck season. If MM is truly hurt, I would worry about these games. On the flip side, we are going to lose MM to the NFL anyway, so getting Rodriguez and/or Lockie ready for next year wouldn't be the worst thing ever. I am on the fence on where I think the Ducks end up. Obviously I would love to win out and go to a BCS bowl, but teams that lose to Stanford don't play well the next week, so next week will be tough, regardless of the opponent.

Again, great job to Stanford, they truly are the Anti-Oregon right now and they deserve to celebrate.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in. Standard 1 week avi bet?

Sure, I would actually suggest a Sunday-Friday, so you can flair up for the next weekends game. That work? Spread or straight up? I have 7 handles of JD on the game already with assorted USC alums, including a Stanford alum who did his PhD at UnderStanfordControl and switched sides...lousy turncoat.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey PAC12ers,

Hats off to Stanford. What a great team. Beasts on both sides of the ball. That was a complete team victory. Shaw is an amazing coach and I hope he gets swooped up by the NFL soon, LOL.

I am concerned about the rest of the Duck season. If MM is truly hurt, I would worry about these games. On the flip side, we are going to lose MM to the NFL anyway, so getting Rodriguez and/or Lockie ready for next year wouldn't be the worst thing ever. I am on the fence on where I think the Ducks end up. Obviously I would love to win out and go to a BCS bowl, but teams that lose to Stanford don't play well the next week, so next week will be tough, regardless of the opponent.

Again, great job to Stanford, they truly are the Anti-Oregon right now and they deserve to celebrate.
Thanks Shaver, I have known David since our freshman year. If he leaves for the pro's I will be shocked, he, like Helfrich, is where he belongs. At the school he grew up rooting for.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The emotions the Oregon fans had to go through getting blown out knowing its over then quickly making an insane comeback with all this intensity than Stanford completely shutting the door in your face.

Its like a hurricane hit today for Oregon fans. There just trying to clean up the mess. It hurts the most when you wake up the next day after a loss like that.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The emotions the Oregon fans had to go through getting blown out knowing its over then quickly making an insane comeback with all this intensity than Stanford completely shutting the door in your face.

Its like a hurricane hit today for Oregon fans. There just trying to clean up the mess. It hurts the most when you wake up the next day after a loss like that.

Ya, it stung for a couple hours.

Waking up is the beauty. Realizing even with a butt whoopin our team can win 3 games and end up in our 5th straight BCS game.

Hoping for an Orange Bowl bid vs CLemson.

We will see if Helf's team can rebound after losses like CHip's did.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Shaver, I have known David since our freshman year. If he leaves for the pro's I will be shocked, he, like Helfrich, is where he belongs. At the school he grew up rooting for.

No doubt in my mind, Shaw is the best coach in CFB. Which is the reason USC will not beat Stanford.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, it stung for a couple hours.

Waking up is the beauty. Realizing even with a butt whoopin our team can win 3 games and end up in our 5th straight BCS game.

Hoping for an Orange Bowl bid vs CLemson.

We will see if Helf's team can rebound after losses like CHip's did.

You'll win your last three and end up in the Fiesta Bowl against Baylor. Looking forward to that. I'll have tickets thanks to corporate largess. If NIU or FSU ends up there, I'll donate them to charity.

Status
Not open for further replies.