• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the winner of the south going to have enough credibility to give Oregon enough push to reach #2 if FSU wins out? ASU leads the south now, but isn't even ranked and still has games @Utah and @UCLA, UCLA has some tough games and is banged up, USC is not going to impress anyone in the polls, Utah is losing today and still has Oregon left. Looks more and more like no clear power is likely to emerge from the south and that hurts Oregon in any close race down the stretch.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the winner of the south going to have enough credibility to give Oregon enough push to reach #2 if FSU wins out? ASU leads the south now, but isn't even ranked and still has games @Utah and @UCLA, UCLA has some tough games and is banged up, USC is not going to impress anyone in the polls, Utah is losing today and still has Oregon left. Looks more and more like no clear power is likely to emerge from the south and that hurts Oregon in any close race down the stretch.

Once Oregon beats up #12 UCLA, and when we destroy #6 Stanford we will easily be ahead of FSU and control our destiny for the #2 spot.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, I think we all could have guessed your stance. To say you see things through green colored glasses is an understatement. I just want to know what the other pac posters think. Can having a down south winner this year have any impact on Oregon's chances? Or will it not have any impact no matter who emerges?

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, I think we all could have guessed your stance. To say you see things through green colored glasses is an understatement. I just want to know what the other pac posters think. Can having a down south winner this year have any impact on Oregon's chances? Or will it not have any impact no matter who emerges?

Seems to be the narrative of most of the national press

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hasn't hurt Oregon in the past.

Also, look at FSU's remaining schedule, its nothing special. Clemson clearly not that great and is going to lose 1 or 2 more games at least before the season is over. Miami is an overrated joke. VT ended up being a fluke. FSU wont have any BIG games on their schedule when it comes down to the end...

Oregon at the very least will have Stanford. AND ASu will be ranked by the time the CCG comes around.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are of course assuming ASU wins the south and doesn't lose to either Utah or UCLA on the road. That's a tall assumption to make for any Pac team. Road games are always hard. If ASU loses either they won't be ranked.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are of course assuming ASU wins the south and doesn't lose to either Utah or UCLA on the road. That's a tall assumption to make for any Pac team. Road games are always hard. If ASU loses either they won't be ranked.

I don't see ASU losing to Utah, I do see them losing to UCLA and that game will decide the South. I am guessing the South winner will be ranked, be it 24 or 16ish. By the time that game comes around I believe the South champ will be ranked.

NativeWebfoot

Live to race-Race to live
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford won't be ranked #6 after OR St beats them tonight. :lol: I can have all my hopes and expectations until game over :yahoo: GO BEAVS !!!!!

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford won't be ranked #6 after OR St beats them tonight. :lol: I can have all my hopes and expectations until game over :yahoo: GO BEAVS !!!!!

im excited to watch this game. Interesting to see if the beavers are actually legit turned around from E.Washington or if this was all smoke and mirrors of a weak schedule.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then smashing lil brother AGAIN - will help the computer rankings too. Good luck tonight lil bro

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see ASU losing to Utah, I do see them losing to UCLA and that game will decide the South. I am guessing the South winner will be ranked, be it 24 or 16ish. By the time that game comes around I believe the South champ will be ranked.

A 9-3 or 10-2 South Champ will be a top 20, maybe top 15 team

NativeWebfoot

Live to race-Race to live
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Oregon facing a high ranking IC opponent, which scenario is likely to result in a better look for Oregon; OR St beating ASU (possible ranking) vs ASU beating OR St (possible ranking). If one is ranked and the other not, you probably need the ranked team to win. If both are ranked at gametime, one win fall out of rankings with loss to the other. This isn't the SEC where they only bring up the winner w/o kicking the loser out of the rankings.

RoyHobbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once Oregon beats up #12 UCLA

On paper. UCLA is facing a formidable task coming into Autzen stadium this afternoon. We don't have the horses to keep up with the Duck offense and Oregon needs to keep the petal to the metal if they want to hop scotch FSU in the BCS standings tomorrow. I have to believe that Oregon beating UCLA has to be worth more points than FSU beating up on that mighty team from North Carolina State ( currently ranked 73rd ). The only way UCLA wins this game is if Oregon shoots themselves in the foot with numerous turnovers and the Bruins play mistake free. Oregon needs this game very badly if they want to be playing in the NC game. Mora should take his leash off of Hundley to see how he performs under this type of game. My gut tells me that this will be a barn burner with the Ducks playing full speed ahead for all 60 minutes. I also expect no mercy to be shown by Oregon & Helfrich. Ducks cover the big number today over an outmanned Bruin team.:noidea:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
42-14 and Oregon had several turnovers. Easy peasy. Stanford, you're next!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Oregon fans!

Ucla played an outstanding first half and Oregon played an outstanding second half.

Those two Hundley interceptions proved to be the game breaker IMO. It put the Bruins defense on the field way too much and gave the Ducks offense more opportunities to get it going.

The Ducks defense is much better than I thought, especially their secondary.

Hundley needs at least another year before he should even think about coming out, the experience will do him well.

Moving forward, there is a lot to look forward to for my Bruins. As the announcers pointed out very well, this team is stacked with young talent and played a lot of true freshman tonight who actually played well considering.

As a side note and not that it really mattered in the big picture, I think those Duck defenders are still holding Anthony Barr and those refs are still looking the other way!!:lol:

Oh and one more thing, I knew if we were to win we would need to score more than 42 points as I nailed Oregon's output in this one squarely on the head!!! :10:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Oregon fans!

Ucla played an outstanding first half and Oregon played an outstanding second half.

Those two Hundley interceptions proved to be the game breaker IMO. It put the Bruins defense on the field way too much and gave the Ducks offense more opportunities to get it going.

The Ducks defense is much better than I thought, especially their secondary.

Hundley needs at least another year before he should even think about coming out, the experience will do him well.

Moving forward, there is a lot to look forward to for my Bruins. As the announcers pointed out very well, this team is stacked with young talent and played a lot of true freshman tonight who actually played well considering.

As a side note and not that it really mattered in the big picture, I think those Duck defenders are still holding Anthony Barr and those refs are still looking the other way!!:lol:

Oh and one more thing, I knew if we were to win we would need to score more than 42 points as I nailed Oregon's output in this one squarely on the head!!! :10:

Hope you have a comfy seat watching ASU @ Oregon in the pac 12 championship game! :10:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you have a comfy seat watching ASU @ Oregon in the pac 12 championship game! :10:
image0013575169685904f41cb.gif

We're not losing another game and you guys still have three more road games, so I see three more losses!!

All conference games kid.:yahoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.