• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a question: Suppose we end up with an unbeaten Oregon vs. an unbeaten South Champion (UCLA and Arizona both avoid Oregon in the regular season, so it would have to be one of them) and the PAC-12 CCG is a close game. Does the PAC get 2 teams in the cfp?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at people who think that donations to specific departments truly stays in that department. These huge donations only help the institution spread the money around. 100 million to cinematics, arts etc really means that the school has the freedom to spend money how they wish. Of course they use the donor's money for what it is "intended" but it gives them the ability to spend elsewhere as well. Sort of like when you get a car allowance at work. Is the extra 500 per month really going to your car?

One more point regarding @socaljim242 's point about not "bowing" to anyone. It is fair to mention that in the last 5 years u$c has received over 200 million from one of the largest steel companies on the west coast (Herrick Corp). Interestingly enough, every new construction on campus will be built with this company's steel. Including sports facility upgrades. How interesting.

At Oregon we dont take for granted our Uncle Phil. Just remember that every school has donors, and these schools will always roll out the red carpet for them. As fans, we can choose to do the same, or we can live in ignorance, pointing the fingers at the "system" or throwing shade on other schools as if somehow we dont live in the same light.

We are talking about a single person using the schools football team as his personal play thing. That is unique to Phil and Oregon. He is solely responsible for your facilities. I don't see or have ever heard of Speilburg of Lucas giving money for anything athletic related. Jerry Buss when alive was a big supporter of USC athletics and I'm sure he donated
So you are denying that Oregon fans brag about and have/do post pictures of their facilities and uni's? Seriously?

Additionally, no one has claimed that other schools don't have major donors, etc. The difference is that we don't brag about them, post pictures, etc. You Duck fans can try and claim otherwise all that you want, but you can't change the fact that Ducks fans are the only one's doing it.

Oregon fans even post that stuff when it involves possible uniform changes at other schools. Case in point, the "New College Football Helmets" thread started by a Ducks fan.

I haven't been on the site as long as some of you but how many posts from Oregon fans about this weeks new uniform or helmet during the season? I'd say plenty.
As far as the donor thing goes. There are a few schools like Oregon who have one big daddy (I think Baylor does) like Phil pretty much funding their football team and facilities. Yes USC has major donors and as a group they have th ADs ear just like most schools but Phil is Oregon football.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a question: Suppose we end up with an unbeaten Oregon vs. an unbeaten South Champion (UCLA and Arizona both avoid Oregon in the regular season, so it would have to be one of them) and the PAC-12 CCG is a close game. Does the PAC get 2 teams in the cfp?
It really depends on what the other conferences do. With a similar situation as this year, with a bunch of one loss teams, then it will be the undefeated team and that's it.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
North:

1. Oregon
2. Stanford
3. Washington
4. Oregon St.
5. Wazzou
6. Cal

Washington and Oregon St. could easily swap places and if Stanford's o-line and running game improves, they could overcome the Ducks, but I don't think they will.

South:

1. UCLA
2. USC
3. ASU
4. Arizona
5. Utah
6. Colorado

I can see any of the top 4 in the South winning the division. While they will not win the South, I think Utah will have a huge say in who does as I expect them to beat 1 or 2 of the top 4 teams.

Washington with their schedule will be lucky to be in a bowl game no way they finish third in the north.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
North:

1. Oregon
2. Stanford
3. Washington
4. Oregon St.
5. Wazzou
6. Cal

Washington and Oregon St. could easily swap places and if Stanford's o-line and running game improves, they could overcome the Ducks, but I don't think they will.

South:

1. UCLA
2. USC
3. ASU
4. Arizona
5. Utah
6. Colorado

I can see any of the top 4 in the South winning the division. While they will not win the South, I think Utah will have a huge say in who does as I expect them to beat 1 or 2 of the top 4 teams.

North: Stanford

South: USC

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if it's UCLA and not Arizona, I think Oregon should make it....

After all, them Duckies would only have one loss! :thumb:

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I doubt it. Then again, if Oregon dominates their schedule including a huge road win Michigan State, and UCLA dominates their schedule then squeaks one out vs Oregon in the CCG, I think we have a shot.

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington with their schedule will be lucky to be in a bowl game no way they finish third in the north.

Agree with this.

I have UW finishing last in the North. The Apple Cup will decide the cellar. I also think Cal will surprise, as will OSU. I got OSU 3rd and Cal 4th

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been on the site as long as some of you but how many posts from Oregon fans about this weeks new uniform or helmet during the season? I'd say plenty.
As far as the donor thing goes. There are a few schools like Oregon who have one big daddy (I think Baylor does) like Phil pretty much funding their football team and facilities. Yes USC has major donors and as a group they have th ADs ear just like most schools but Phil is Oregon football.

Washington fans post tweets about their uniforms, ASU has done it as well. Its not just Oregon.

NativeWebfoot

Live to race-Race to live
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the new coaching staff, the best recruiting I've yet to see at OR St, and GA seems to have more of that "Eye-of-the-Tiger". Can't Help being optimistic.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
North:
1. Oregon
2. Stanford
3. Oregon State
4. Washington
5. Wazzou
6. Cal

South:
1. USC
2. UCLA
3. ASU
4. Arizona
5. Utah
6. Colorado
Arizona lost no one and has arguably the best QB and deepest WR core in the Pac and you have them finishing 4th in the south?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona lost no one and has arguably the best QB and deepest WR core in the Pac and you have them finishing 4th in the south?
I didn't even mention we still have the reigning national defensive POY either.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The best QB? Solomon was exposed the last couple of games . He was even replaced in one of them. Try again.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best QB? Solomon was exposed the last couple of games . He was even replaced in one of them. Try again.
Anyone who watches the PAC realizes Solomon is a future star. He was a redshirt freshman last year and led a basketball school to a South title and a Fiesta Bowl appearance.. Picking UA to finish 4th is foolish.

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who watches the PAC realizes Solomon is a future star. He was a redshirt freshman last year and led a basketball school to a South title and a Fiesta Bowl appearance.. Picking UA to finish 4th is foolish.

I wouldnt go so far as to call it foolish. Hear me out...

Most of us agree that the south will be a blood bath. I could easily see any team not from Colorado winning. I know Utah is a stretch, but stanger things have happened.

It could be USC, UCLA, Zona or ASU. Utah will beat somebody, but will probably lose a game or three that they shouldnt.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyone who watched him throw 2 INTs and 1 TD in his last two games and get pulled in the Oregon game saw he's got a lot to figure out. Saying he's the best QB is a little much after those two games don't you think?

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who watched him throw 2 INTs and 1 TD in his last two games and get pulled in the Oregon game saw he's got a lot to figure out. Saying he's the best QB is a little much after those two games don't you think?
To be totally fair, absolutely nothing was going right for Zona in the CCG. To say that they pulled Solomon for his play alone is not accurate. I would say that RR made the right call, get the young kid out before he gets hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.