• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what happened in the conference championship game? I know what happened. Oregon could score like they usually do and put pressure on Arizona to keep up and Solomon folded to the point they took him out because he was ineffective.

Chalk it up to a teenager playing in his first year of CFB and 13th consecutive game.

Same thing hing happened with Freeman from Oregon.

It catches up to some of them as Freshman.

It shouldn't define his entire year.

Solomon won the PAC South as a Freshman and gave the Kings of the PAC their only conference loss.

Stats don't matter as much as wins.

Solomon FTW

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chalk it up to a teenager playing in his first year of CFB and 13th consecutive game.

Same thing hing happened with Freeman from Oregon.

It catches up to some of them as Freshman.

It shouldn't define his entire year.

Solomon won the PAC South as a Freshman and gave the Kings of the PAC their only conference loss.

Stats don't matter as much as wins.

Solomon FTW

So hes a freshman who couldnt throw a TD pass in his last two games and got pulled in one. But hes arguably the past QB in the south. OK. lol

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in full recovery from camping and fishing all weekend.

Lots of beer, whiskey, etc. started days at 6am with Baileys and camp coffee. Ended them in to the next morning with a campfire and fried lingcod from last seasons ocean fishin.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in full recovery from camping and fishing all weekend.

Lots of beer, whiskey, etc. started days at 6am with Baileys and camp coffee. Ended them in to the next morning with a campfire and fried lingcod from last seasons ocean fishin.

HA!! Told ya he drank. Oh, and I'm jelly as hell too, btw. Sounds like an awesome time.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even mention we still have the reigning national defensive POY either.

The Cats poor showing in the CCG and loss to Boise has taken the toll on Zona's popular outlook, but they definitely serve more love as you mention. Add to that IMO RR is the best coach in the PAC. No one should take Zona lightly.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who watched him throw 2 INTs and 1 TD in his last two games and get pulled in the Oregon game saw he's got a lot to figure out. Saying he's the best QB is a little much after those two games don't you think?

You can argue about who the best QB is or is not, but you can't deny Solomon's talent. Give the kid credit. He got pulled from that game because he never recovered from his injury. Obviously, there must have been a good reason why his performance slid downhill so quickly. If you watched the performance of his replacements, you should know why he started hurt in the first place.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solomon isn't even the best qb in the South.

Solomon: 313-540, 3,793 yards, 58% completion, 28 td's, 9 picks, 130.7 rating

Kessler: 315-452, 3,326 yards, 69.7% completion, 39 td's, 5 picks, 167.1 rating

Kessler has the stats, he's good, but Solomon led the Cats to the South championship in a division that had four top 20 teams. He's good enough.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my predictions stand. called this months ago, and it is not due to hate.

PAC north

oregon
Stanford
osu
cal
wsu
UW

south

usc
ucla
zona
asu
Utah
Colorado

with possible switch ups between cal and osu in the north, and asu, zona and ucla in the south

south will be a blood bath again

Apple cup will be a battle for the cellar.

what will husky fans say about petey when he finishes last? clearly they will say he need more time, but what kind of recruits will be pull when he turns his coaching staff over after losing the apple cup? when the old pirate starts getting those three star kids that normally go to UW, what will the aging fan base in Seattle say?

with osu's new staff and newly built recruiting pipeline, along with cal surging, UW's recruiting class will only get weaker. petey will be back in the WAC by 2017

ASU takes UCLA spot. Mark my words.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU takes UCLA spot. Mark my words.

I cannot argue with that. As I mentioned, I really feel that spots 1-4 could go any way between the two LA schools and the 2 Arizona schools.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can argue about who the best QB is or is not, but you can't deny Solomon's talent. Give the kid credit. He got pulled from that game because he never recovered from his injury. Obviously, there must have been a good reason why his performance slid downhill so quickly. If you watched the performance of his replacements, you should know why he started hurt in the first place.

They guy said arguably the best QB. I know Cody isn't as talented physically . But to be a good QB it doesn't matter how fast you can run how far you can throw (as long as you can make the throws) how athletic you are . It's how good you are as a QB , how you run the offense, how you handle pressure. I wasn't high on Cody even after his sophmore year but he's kept progressing and right now he's really good. Solomon looked lost even in the bowl game. He was very inaccurate. So while Solomon might have a higher ceiling, right now you can't call him arguably the best QB when someone is clearly better than him . Maybe durring the year he makes that leap maybe at the end of the year but that is just projecting .

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can't even lead his team to a win over Boston College I aint buying.

I will buy Kessler when he shows he is a winner.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For now he is a stats compiler and that is it.

Against his in city rival he has lost twice by an avg of 20 points

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can't even lead his team to a win over Boston College I aint buying.

I will buy Kessler when he shows he is a winner.

You must have not seen the game. First of all his Oline had three true freshmen in their first road game. As an Oregon fan you should know well how important the Oline is after your loss to Arizona this past year when Marriota was running for his life because of you O line problems. Second he wasn't the problem. When asked to throw he did great and lead drives that ended in touchdowns. They lost because Sark was determined to keep running and when BC kept stopping them he didnt alter the game plan. Thats on the coaching not the QB. But thanks for your non informed opinion.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For now he is a stats compiler and that is it.

Against his in city rival he has lost twice by an avg of 20 points

He lost to to a team who was ranked in the top ten with a team playing with 55 scholarship players. yeah he should have won those. Oregon played a team who was ranked lower in both their losses last year. I guess Mariota is a stats compiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.