• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all of the last post written, I forgot my way too early PAC rankings.

North:

1) Oregon - Pending a new QB adapting to the system and their ability to replace key parts of the OL.
2) Stanford - Pending the D gelling and Hogan playing well, they could drop to 4.
3) Oregon State - I don't know why but I have a feeling the Beavs will jump some folks this year.
4) UW - I think UW is on the up tick, but given the offenses in the league, their loses on D will take more time to recover from.
5) CAL- I dislike everything about CAL sports and Sonny Dykes strikes me as a petulant child in interviews. I just think Goff is going to be putting up techmo bowl numbers this year with all their new WR's. The key will be what happens with a D that couldn't stop a drunk senior citizen in a rascal scooter last year.
6) WSU - Leech got a new D-coordinator, but, like CAL, they have not been recruiting the talent they need on D to compliment the O.

South:
1) USC - I like the pieces they have in place, and they get Stanford at home early when the D will be most Suspect.
2) Arizona - They have an easy early season schedule, and then boom they get Stanford at Stanford but they miss Oregon.
3) ASU - They miss Stanford this year in the north, but the early $C and @ UCLA two game set will be a make or break deal, especially if aTm comes to play in the first game.
4) Utah - This is a make or break year for Wittingham IMHO. He has some key players, and they get a fair amount back.
5) UCLA - I do not think UCLA will be bad this year, but I think the south is going to be a blood bath' Add to that, they have their choice of little Neuheisl or a kid that one coach I talked to said has a "major selfish streak" at QB. All of that said, they could win the south as their schedule looks the easiest in the south to me.
6) Colorado - I would love to be more upbeat on the Buffs, but man, they just look so bad.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all of the last post written, I forgot my way too early PAC rankings.

North:

1) Oregon - Pending a new QB adapting to the system and their ability to replace key parts of the OL.
2) Stanford - Pending the D gelling and Hogan playing well, they could drop to 4.
3) Oregon State - I don't know why but I have a feeling the Beavs will jump some folks this year.
4) UW - I think UW is on the up tick, but given the offenses in the league, their loses on D will take more time to recover from.
5) CAL- I dislike everything about CAL sports and Sonny Dykes strikes me as a petulant child in interviews. I just think Goff is going to be putting up techmo bowl numbers this year with all their new WR's. The key will be what happens with a D that couldn't stop a drunk senior citizen in a rascal scooter last year.
6) WSU - Leech got a new D-coordinator, but, like CAL, they have not been recruiting the talent they need on D to compliment the O.

South:
1) USC - I like the pieces they have in place, and they get Stanford at home early when the D will be most Suspect.
2) Arizona - They have an easy early season schedule, and then boom they get Stanford at Stanford but they miss Oregon.
3) ASU - They miss Stanford this year in the north, but the early $C and @ UCLA two game set will be a make or break deal, especially if aTm comes to play in the first game.
4) Utah - This is a make or break year for Wittingham IMHO. He has some key players, and they get a fair amount back.
5) UCLA - I do not think UCLA will be bad this year, but I think the south is going to be a blood bath' Add to that, they have their choice of little Neuheisl or a kid that one coach I talked to said has a "major selfish streak" at QB. All of that said, they could win the south as their schedule looks the easiest in the south to me.
6) Colorado - I would love to be more upbeat on the Buffs, but man, they just look so bad.

Did you look at UW schedule. highly reguarded as toughest in the nation next season. Im not sure they even make a bowl.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you look at UW schedule. highly reguarded as toughest in the nation next season. Im not sure they even make a bowl.
I did Oly, but the Defense on WSU and CAL just lead me to believe they will be worse than UW, at least UW should beat both of them.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, news to me. I'm sure all of my fellow dawgs would be saying we hope it's permanent though.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes the likelihood of Samuels or Browning starting next year much greater. I'm all for it. Take as much time as you need Miles. No, really.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes the likelihood of Samuels or Browning starting next year much greater. I'm all for it. Take as much time as you need Miles. No, really.

maybe he takes a medical leave and you get to have him a year longer.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe he takes a medical leave and you get to have him a year longer.
Fuck no. He needs to go. Anywhere. Somewhere. Nowhere. I don't care, just not on our campus.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear he's going to transfer to Oregon. Says Vernon Adams is a fheg. :nod:
God. That would give me an erection that lasts more than 4 hours for sure.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, news to me. I'm sure all of my fellow dawgs would be saying we hope it's permanent though.

Are there any Huskies that actually support him being the starter? I remember the facebook bit of Miles highlights for the 14 season and most were his great pooch kicks.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the entire thread actually agrees on something.

Impressive.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only sympathy for Miles is that he had to shoulder too much of the reponsibility for the 2014 offense when a big reason it stunk most of 2014 is Sark left us with absolutely nothing at RB. Sark rode Sankey which masked the looming disaster at that position once he left for the NFL.

Then also factor in that Sark whiffed on every QB recruit besides Price. That's the killer. The guy is supposed to be known for his ability at grooming pro style offenses, but he end up with a stable of busts at QB.

I guess it's a best situation for him down at USC because the built in recruiting advantage will help mask his sloppy coaching and lack of discipline.

That was a awful situation to be put into for any new starting college QB. No run game. Especially considering the schedule you now face in the PAC with so many quality ranked teams. Miles at least kept the INT numbers low and had a comp % above 65. But it's obvious he's not got the poise and mental discipline to drive to be the best. Peterson expects more from his players.

Miles is another Sark era head case. He should be thankful for all the chances handed to him, but some mofos are just too dysfunctional to do that.

I think a lot of this is the fact that Samuels is going to be the 2015 starter. Miles could of still taken it like a man and be a good team mate about it. Be thankful for all the things provided to him. He could easily be the guy to step up if Samuels gets hurt and have another shot. But appears he can't handle that. Sad.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Piss on this basketball tourney.

Too stressful. Why i care so much I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.