• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They guy said arguably the best QB. I know Cody isn't as talented physically . But to be a good QB it doesn't matter how fast you can run how far you can throw (as long as you can make the throws) how athletic you are . It's how good you are as a QB , how you run the offense, how you handle pressure. I wasn't high on Cody even after his sophmore year but he's kept progressing and right now he's really good. Solomon looked lost even in the bowl game. He was very inaccurate. So while Solomon might have a higher ceiling, right now you can't call him arguably the best QB when someone is clearly better than him . Maybe durring the year he makes that leap maybe at the end of the year but that is just projecting .

And Solomon was a freshman last year. Different standards?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Solomon was a freshman last year. Different standards?
No . Saying he could take a step forward and become the best QB is Optimistic and very possible . Saying he is now isn't realistic and false especially how he handled the end of the year. I'm talking about the QB whos going into his senior year and your talking about the QB whos going into his sophomore year. Not putting Solomon down he's got a lot of time to get better . I'm justt saying you're projecting and i'm coming from the point of view where they are now. One is .3 away from 70% completion percentage. the other is 58%. Thats a huge difference especially when the AZ fan says they might have the deepest set of WRs.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For us Seahawk fans they just picked up Jimmy Graham from the saints

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He lost to to a team who was ranked in the top ten with a team playing with 55 scholarship players. yeah he should have won those. Oregon played a team who was ranked lower in both their losses last year. I guess Mariota is a stats compiler.
Stop it, that doesn't apply to delusional Duck fans

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No . Saying he could take a step forward and become the best QB is Optimistic and very possible . Saying he is now isn't realistic and false especially how he handled the end of the year. I'm talking about the QB whos going into his senior year and your talking about the QB whos going into his sophomore year. Not putting Solomon down he's got a lot of time to get better . I'm justt saying you're projecting and i'm coming from the point of view where they are now. One is .3 away from 70% completion percentage. the other is 58%. Thats a huge difference especially when the AZ fan says they might have the deepest set of WRs.
You are right of course. He has proven only that he had a good freshman year and we have to give him credit for that. I am not projecting, just accepting that possibility. As a member of the South, I don't wish him the best him any more than I do Keesler, et al.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right of course. He has proven only that he had a good freshman year and we have to give him credit for that. I am not projecting, just accepting that possibility. As a member of the South, I don't wish him the best him any more than I do Keesler, et al.

I wouldnt expect any less . This is the Pac we don't do the team SEC thing. lol

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for that matter, fuck the north too

minus Oregon of course

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PM "driveby" shooting...tryin to to catch up here...

Best QB in the Pac?

Kessler and Adams.

Ducks are odds on favorite up North while USC and ASU battle for the South, toss in UCLA for shits-n-gigs.

ME Beavs? Who knows, think we have at min a 2 year project and certainly will be a force when Anderson has a 4 year class rotation of his choice in the mix...
:2cents:

See ya!

:suds:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PM "driveby" shooting...tryin to to catch up here...

Best QB in the Pac?

Kessler and Adams.

Ducks are odds on favorite up North while USC and ASU battle for the South, toss in UCLA for shits-n-gigs.

ME Beavs? Who knows, think we have at min a 2 year project and certainly will be a force when Anderson has a 4 year class rotation of his choice in the mix...
:2cents:

See ya!

:suds:

You're Beavs will continue as they always have. Sucking in every game except against USC on Thursday nights when you fuckers turn into world beaters. :lol:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best QB in the Pac?
Who knows....

It could be this kid!

th

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're Beavs will continue as they always have. Sucking in every game except against USC on Thursday nights when you fuckers turn into world beaters. :lol:

An "LOL" has earned you a -1 TF, you have given me no choice here bro. I am thin skinned I know. Sensitive.

:nono:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles fans are freaking out right now. I keep telling them just wait let it happen. One says kelly has no idea what he is doing. I asked him how many years of football coaching experience he has his arguement changed to something about kelly in college vs NFL. I asked you mean how he had even less background on a player to evaluate. he stopped talking to me.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, get busy for a week and come back to a ton of donor posts and some actual football talk.

I will be honest, Phil Knight's second largest annual academic donations go to Stanford every year, he was a major contributor to the business school (got his MBA there). Though Stanford athletics owes almost all of their new facilities to John Arrillaga, hell he is the Phil Knight of Stanford when it comes to both athletic and academic donations.

I am torn by Stanford getting #2 votes. On the one hand the offense played lights out in the last 3 games. Hogan's father died just before the UCLA game and had been fighting Cancer since last year, that seemed to really light a fire in his play. The overall offense loses only 2 key contributors in Montgomery and Peat, so if the offense from the end of the season shows up, this could be a good year.

On the flip side LSJU is losing 7 starters on D, including all three DT's. There are some good players on the roster to fill in but the most seasoned Shittu has had injuries most of his career, the CAL transfer Scarrlett is coming of an ACL reconstruction, Solomon Thomas is a high level recruit coming of a redshirt, the question is if he has the size to play ever down, much the same concern with Harrison Phillips on the D line. On the other hand, the team is stacked at OLB, ILB and DB with recent classes and Akina coaching them up.

This could be a great year, or a horrible one.

Status
Not open for further replies.