• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford came on strong late and put together a nice class, but not quite as strong as the bar set the past couple years.

Regent, this is very true, and it is an admissions issue. Stanford lost at least 10 recruits who were strong leans or already committed due to admissions. However, they did sign all 22 of the players who did get admitted.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While the intro music sucked booty :lol: As a Rams fan it was fun to view, I gotta love me some retro Robinson and Hayden, even if they were wearing Candy Ass Red! :yahoo:

First thing that struck me in the video was McKay and Robinson standing next to each other on the sidelines. Wow that brought back some great memories.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EVERY team in the PAC12 should get a ribbon...

I mean...

Each team can recruit 5 5*s, 5 4*s, 5 3*s, 5 2*s and 5 1*s...imagine the parity of the league?

signed:

Lost in Recruiting

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the offenses people are running these days you need to have good players on the 2 deep who will play and if you can have a 4* player that would start on most teams as one of them then more power to the coaching staff for getting him to come. USC had a back up QB who never started get drafted it had Clay Mathews jr not starting most of the time he was here because of the talent at his spot. He will get noticed at USC if he's as good as he thinks he is and maybe less miles on his body which helps him down the road.
It is funny reading you two Oregon fans talk about him. One says USC is loaded at that spot and he could start right away at Oregon and the other says he didn't like him and he's over rated ( after they wiffed on him of course.)lol

:agree: That's what killed us last year. Just didn't have enough bodies (especially on defense) to rotate and the defense was gassed and hanging on for dear life at the end of a lot of games. It resulted in some games being closer than they should have been and directly contributed to at least 2 and maybe 3 of the 4 losses.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First thing that struck me in the video was McKay and Robinson standing next to each other on the sidelines. Wow that brought back some great memories.
Me too, and it sure did bring back a lot of them good ole memories. :nod:

Ha, them days were the ole HS days for me!

th

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too, and it sure did bring back a lot of them good ole memories. :nod:

Ha, them days were the ole HS days for me!

That was a bit before my SC following days to be honest. I never followed Haden till he became a Ram. I didn't really cheer for the Trojans till 1996 when I started school there, so a lot of the old footage is new to me.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a bit before my SC following days to be honest. I never followed Haden till he became a Ram. I didn't really cheer for the Trojans till 1996 when I started school there, so a lot of the old footage is new to me.

I became an Oregon fan in 1984 when I started Jr High School and the letterman's club would take a trip up to Eugene once a year for a football game and a basketball game. That first game at Autzen Stadium had quite an effect on me. I've been a Ducks fan ever since. But before that, I probably leaned towards USC because of Marcus Allen. I even have a signed #33 USC Marcus Allen Jersey to go along with my Raiders #32 signed Marcus Allen Jersey; my 2 most prized pieces of sports memorabilia.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I became an Oregon fan in 1984 when I started Jr High School and the letterman's club would take a trip up to Eugene once a year for a football game and a basketball game. That first game at Autzen Stadium had quite an effect on me. I've been a Ducks fan ever since. But before that, I probably leaned towards USC because of Marcus Allen. I even have a signed #33 USC Marcus Allen Jersey to go along with my Raiders #32 signed Marcus Allen Jersey; my 2 most prized pieces of sports memorabilia.

That's awesome. I work close to where he live(d), so a lot of people I work with met Marcus Allen growing up. I guess he used to host huge Halloween parties and invite parents in when they came to his door. Sounded like a pretty good guy.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's awesome. I work close to where he live(d), so a lot of people I work with met Marcus Allen growing up. I guess he used to host huge Halloween parties and invite parents in when they came to his door. Sounded like a pretty good guy.

Very cool!! Yeah, I have always thought that he seemed like he was pretty cool for a sports superstar.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another learning experience for Mike Leach and hopefully his last experience as the WSU head coach, don't be lazy when recruiting in state, don't let your assistants do all the recruiting or if they do be proactive and fill the positions. His ego is his undoing, on the west coast Mike Leach is still nothing but a name with a sub .500 record against AQ teams with a .500 or better record.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another learning experience for Mike Leach and hopefully his last experience as the WSU head coach, don't be lazy when recruiting in state, don't let your assistants do all the recruiting or if they do be proactive and fill the positions. His ego is his undoing, on the west coast Mike Leach is still nothing but a name with a sub .500 record against AQ teams with a .500 or better record.

Yes, but he is so damn entertaining during interviews.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leach and the Cougs will go bowling this year. Probably finish 4th in the North.

NativeWebfoot

Live to race-Race to live
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beavs went all the way to Australia for a punter. nuff said
:yahoo:

He was attending a community college in AZ and had no idea that he could get a full schollie to a D1 university just for punting a football. I'm very impressed with the new coaching staff's recruiting. They are a dark horse threat in the North. GO BEAVS ! ! ! !

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was attending a community college in AZ and had no idea that he could get a full schollie to a D1 university just for punting a football. I'm very impressed with the new coaching staff's recruiting. They are a dark horse threat in the North. GO BEAVS ! ! ! !

Nick Porebski, punter

This is the biggest lock, as the Aussie steps right into a position of need after Keith Kostol's departure. Andersen, who stresses game-changing plays on special teams, said Porebski can be both a traditional and rugby-style punter.

Five Oregon State Beavers signees who could have an immediate impact in 2015 | OregonLive.com
:10:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beavs went all the way to Australia for a punter. nuff said
:yahoo:

HA!! And folks were talking about how UCLA was recruiting nationally this year. The Beavs are recruiting internationally. Top that!!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leach and the Cougs will go bowling this year. Probably finish 4th in the North.

I love that line of thinking but what exactly gives you the idea of that prediction?Outside of Cracraft there isn't a single player who made a dent in the Oregon game returning.

Our best returning guys are Cracraft and Marks (who took a year off) Falk looked great in the OSU game, but the others he just looked eh, our running backs look good but they are useless in douchebags offense. Our best defensive player declared and is destined for an UDFA status, the only good returning defensive player is Brown who might not even be on the team because of off field issues.

Regardless of a position coach leaving, when one of your top recruits decommits on signing day for San Diego State is says something about your HC.

Status
Not open for further replies.