• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really know that was going on over on the general boards and don't care but I wouldn't sweat the grief you're getting here bro.

You can post about whatever the hell you want on the PAC thread IMO...

Besides that your convo here was about the State of Oregon PAC recruiting with Wallace before anyone thought to complain.

That's the type of PAC convo most of us like to hear about!

I agree, if its about a PAC team then post it here.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a down year for recruiting in the state of Oregon. The Sucks are already recruiting at least 3 in staters for the 2016 cycle, with one being the nephew of Chad Cota, Brady Breaze.

Rivals top Oregon players were Scarlett who was the only 4 star and went to Stanford. Oregon went after him but missed.
the next top 2 were not really rectruited by oregon 3 star O lineman. Oregon had 5 OL commits before July of last year. Hilbers was on the radar but it may have been that Oregon backed off when they got a couple June commits. Brandel however doesn't appear to have been even recruited by Oregon at all. Im sure there were other variables.
then there were two dual threat QB's both 3 stars as well. with a track record of QB's Oregon has had I am not going to even speculate or question the decisions made about not going for these two. Oregon clearly went after and landed a bigger fish.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same thing happens in our State Wazzu, only 1 in-state Oregon HS senior was recruited by Oregon State this year. None by the Ducks. Beavers opened up the "Polynesian pipeline" and recruited 8-9 Polynesians this year. I get it, coaches recruiting thru their own networks...makes sense. I can't imagine that their is no talent in the State of Oregon. Perhaps a "home-grown" recruiter needs to be hired for tracking purposes in-state alone or give that responsibility to a coach already there at the school...who knows.

Not that a Senator from Oregon knows shit, but the guy makes his point clear...

Canzano: State Senator hot about Oregon Ducks recruiting class | OregonLive.com

Yes clearly it was the fault of the Schools and not at all the players choices to leave the state for their own personal reasons. I mean why get a Stanford education when it is offered to you?

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivals top Oregon players were Scarlett who was the only 4 star and went to Stanford. Oregon went after him but missed.
the next top 2 were not really rectruited by oregon 3 star O lineman. Oregon had 5 OL commits before July of last year. Hilbers was on the radar but it may have been that Oregon backed off when they got a couple June commits. Brandel however doesn't appear to have been even recruited by Oregon at all. Im sure there were other variables.
then there were two dual threat QB's both 3 stars as well. with a track record of QB's Oregon has had I am not going to even speculate or question the decisions made about not going for these two. Oregon clearly went after and landed a bigger fish.

I couldn't agree more. Like I said, though, the 2016 cycle does have some good players and from what I've read, the Ducks are already after them.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just passing through...

Everyone's off season going ok for them?

Now that all of football is over I'm sure I'll be on a lot less through most of the spring.

Of course I can't wait to see what UW is going to do at QB this spring. Time for Pete to show some leadership and make the tough decisions at that position. Miles sucked so bad last year he just has to pull the trigger. Will he? Really my only focus of the spring. Will either of the young kids emerge as players to watch for the fall.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just passing through...

Now that all of football is over I'm sure I'll be on a lot less through most of the spring.

Of course I can't wait to see what UW is going to do at QB this spring. Time for Pete to show some leadership and make the tough decisions at that position. Miles sucked so bad last year he just has to pull the trigger. Will he? Really my only focus of the spring. Will either of the young kids emerge as players to watch for the fall.

With a defense as talented as the Huskies had last year, it was a shame that the QB was so inept.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: This is the place for PAC news and discussion of PAC related things that don't need their own thread. My earlier post about the developments in the McNair case is an example. It's just a new development, but no decision has been reached, so it doesn't need a thread.

That said, I think SoCalJim is just hazing the noob a little.:suds:

lol. I'm just having a little Duck overload. Seems like every other thread is about a Duck and some just look like Duck jerk off sessions with two Ducks quaking to each other. Whats the point of having a team section if any thread about that teams goes here? Some I agree are worthy of putting here but not every single one and there's some on the main board that are just ridiculous. Sorry if I dont kiss Mamabas or who evers in charge ass like some people do but it's just the truth. He's one of the biggest culprits .

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just passing through...

cant wait for USC Washington game. Gonna be interesting. Spring can't come soon enough.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. I'm just having a little Duck overload. Seems like every other thread is about a Duck and some just look like Duck jerk off sessions with two Ducks quaking to each other. Whats the point of having a team section if any thread about that teams goes here? Some I agree are worthy of putting here but not every single one and there's some on the main board that are just ridiculous. Sorry if I dont kiss Mamabas or who evers in charge ass like some people do but it's just the truth. He's one of the biggest culprits .
You should be the mod so everyone can talk USC and all can kiss your ass!

:lol:

Don't be so tainted Jim, that's not what's happening here.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes clearly it was the fault of the Schools and not at all the players choices to leave the state for their own personal reasons. I mean why get a Stanford education when it is offered to you?

You talking about 1 player Oly? What about the thousand(s) other HS kids who played in Oregon? I mean shit, the Beavers left some schollies on the table so far this year. Guess we could let some "walk-on" at State OR maybe take 2 who didn't make the Rival Recruiting all-star list. Hell, I bet a competitive TEAM could be put together with just Oregon HS kids and not one out-of-state kid. I know that isn't going to happen and that schools recruit to their coaching strengths but jeeezz a few more "home-grown" kids have got to be out there for the plucking don't cha think?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should be the mod so everyone can talk USC and all can kiss your ass!

:lol:

Don't be so tainted Jim, that's not what's happening here.

I try to get things going on the Trojan part but not really that many go there so I do whats more relevant on a larger scale here . I'm sure you guys would'nt want us to spent time talking about which receiver is going to be the go to guy this year or what running back will start. For us it might be interesting but I'm sure Oregon fan and Huskey fan don't care.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You talking about 1 player Oly? What about the thousand(s) other HS kids who played in Oregon? I mean shit, the Beavers left some schollies on the table so far this year. Guess we could let some "walk-on" at State OR maybe take 2 who didn't make the Rival Recruiting all-star list. Hell, I bet a competitive TEAM could be put together with just Oregon HS kids and not one out-of-state kid. I know that isn't going to happen and that schools recruit to their coaching strengths but jeeezz a few more "home-grown" kids have got to be out there for the plucking don't cha think?

why use the scholarships on kids who arent up to par just to fill some politicians quota?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and no i dont think so, a lot of them end up at like Portland state and they arent very good

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill "Earthquake" Enyart, a star for Oregon State's iconic "Giant Killers," died Tuesday morning after a battle with cancer, the school has announced. He was 67.
Enyart was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 2011 after a standout career at fullback for the Beavers from 1966-68. The 1968 All-American rushed for for 2,155 yards, which currently ranks seventh on OSU's all-time list. The converted linebacker also still holds the school's single-game records for rushing yards (299) and carries (50) against Utah in 1968.

Bill 'Earthquake' Enyart, star of Oregon State's 'Giant Killers,' dies | OregonLive.com

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I try to get things going on the Trojan part but not really that many go there so I do whats more relevant on a larger scale here . I'm sure you guys would'nt want us to spent time talking about which receiver is going to be the go to guy this year or what running back will start. For us it might be interesting but I'm sure Oregon fan and Huskey fan don't care.
:noidea:

Why not?

Devils in the details... :lol:

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hi guys, how's it going?

fuck the huskies

bye

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry if these bug people during the offseason but check out this classic from 1968. Note that's Joe Theismann throwing blocks on the old student body rights.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.