• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I became an Oregon fan in 1984 when I started Jr High School and the letterman's club would take a trip up to Eugene once a year for a football game and a basketball game. That first game at Autzen Stadium had quite an effect on me. I've been a Ducks fan ever since. But before that, I probably leaned towards USC because of Marcus Allen. I even have a signed #33 USC Marcus Allen Jersey to go along with my Raiders #32 signed Marcus Allen Jersey; my 2 most prized pieces of sports memorabilia.

Allen is why I became a raiders fan. Still hAve fond memories of him changing directions and taking off vs the skins in the Super Bowl it was a shame seeing him end up in Davis's dog house and inevitably with the Chiefs :L

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HA!! And folks were talking about how UCLA was recruiting nationally this year. The Beavs are recruiting internationally. Top that!!

Aside from the obvious Iman, Houston etc... Shows your fAvorite recruit I'm liking jones at RB out of Texas

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought UOFA was a basketball school? LMAO. I just got home from the game! 78-81 ASU baby.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen is why I became a raiders fan. Still hAve fond memories of him changing directions and taking off vs the skins in the Super Bowl it was a shame seeing him end up in Davis's dog house and inevitably with the Chiefs :L

No doubt. Marcus was the man!! First college RB to rush for over 2000 yards. My favorite player of all time

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from the obvious Iman, Houston etc... Shows your fAvorite recruit I'm liking jones at RB out of Texas

De'Quan Hampton from Long Beach City College. Sark wanted to get some bigger wide receivers and this guy fits that. He's 6'4" 220, a 4* and the #5 ranked JuCo player in the country. He should be a nice, big target for Kessler.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some interesting and potentially troubling news for the NCAA in former USC coach Todd McNair's lawsuit against them. The 2nd District Court of Appeal ruled Friday that the NCAA can't seal some 400 pages of internal e-mails and other documents related to the McNair case.

The three justice panel was not convinced that releasing the information will hinder future investigations:

We are not convinced by the NCAA’s contention that public disclosure of its documents will make future investigations more difficult for the NCAA to conduct

The justices also said that:

NCAA bylaws do not bind the courts and none of them provide the one-size-fits-all cloak of confidentiality in investigations sought by the organization. The NCAA is neither a part of our judicial system nor of our law enforcement apparatus.

It's unlikely that the documents will be released any time soon as the NCAA has the option to petition the Appellate Court for a rehearing or take the matter to the California Supreme Court.

Stacy Osburn, a spokesperson for the NCAA released this statement:

The NCAA remains fully committed to its obligation to member schools, student-athletes, and third-parties to protect the confidentiality of the infractions process. As such we are considering our options in light of the court’s decision.

Still gonna be awhile, but it's getting interesting.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another learning experience for Mike Leach and hopefully his last experience as the WSU head coach, don't be lazy when recruiting in state, don't let your assistants do all the recruiting or if they do be proactive and fill the positions. His ego is his undoing, on the west coast Mike Leach is still nothing but a name with a sub .500 record against AQ teams with a .500 or better record.

Same thing happens in our State Wazzu, only 1 in-state Oregon HS senior was recruited by Oregon State this year. None by the Ducks. Beavers opened up the "Polynesian pipeline" and recruited 8-9 Polynesians this year. I get it, coaches recruiting thru their own networks...makes sense. I can't imagine that their is no talent in the State of Oregon. Perhaps a "home-grown" recruiter needs to be hired for tracking purposes in-state alone or give that responsibility to a coach already there at the school...who knows.

Not that a Senator from Oregon knows shit, but the guy makes his point clear...

Canzano: State Senator hot about Oregon Ducks recruiting class | OregonLive.com

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully only a handful of ASU's guys play early. Davon Durant (#1 JuCo LB) should move right into a starting spot. JoJo Wicker will probably be an immediate addition to the DL rotation. Jaason Lewis might get some touches as a backup RB. 6'2", 240+ lbs. running back that isn't just a plodder. Deonte Reynolds is a JuCo DT and those are hit and miss, but he's 6'5", 325, and at the very least should provide another big body for the nosetackle rotation. Possible chance that Kareem Orr and Scrappy Norman see some PT in the secondary as backups.

Only Durant and none of the freshmen are going to be needed as immediate starter candidates and even Durant will have to win the job over a couple underclassmen that redshirted or were injured last year. I think it'll pay dividends in a tough South that ASU will, if position battles go as expected, have guys that are returning starters or backups that spot started at points at nearly every position sans Devil, which gets a 5 star JuCo fill in. LT is probably the only other new guy who'll come in and start without having played major minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same thing happens in our State Wazzu, only 1 in-state Oregon HS senior was recruited by Oregon State this year. None by the Ducks. Beavers opened up the "Polynesian pipeline" and recruited 8-9 Polynesians this year. I get it, coaches recruiting thru their own networks...makes sense. I can't imagine that their is no talent in the State of Oregon. Perhaps a "home-grown" recruiter needs to be hired for tracking purposes in-state alone or give that responsibility to a coach already there at the school...who knows.

It was a down year for recruiting in the state of Oregon. The Sucks are already recruiting at least 3 in staters for the 2016 cycle, with one being the nephew of Chad Cota, Brady Breaze.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a down year for recruiting in the state of Oregon. The Sucks are already recruiting at least 3 in staters for the 2016 cycle, with one being the nephew of Chad Cota, Brady Breaze.

Cameron McCormick and Lamar Winston are the other two.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cameron McCormick and Lamar Winston are the other two.

Did you just quote your own post?
FYI most of us aren't interested in the intricacies of the players on your two and three deep and posters on the main board even less.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you just quote your own post?
FYI most of us aren't interested in the intricacies of the players on your two and three deep and posters on the main board even less.

I did quote my own post. And it does have to do with an above comment concerning Oregon recruiting in state players. The posts have to do with the 2016 recruiting cycle, the in state players that oregon is going after. If you will look, the original post was a reply to another concerning in state recruiting in Oregon and was relevent.

And on another note, don't read posts or threads that you are not interested in. It is as plain and simple as that.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did quote my own post. And it does have to do with an above comment concerning Oregon recruiting in state players. The posts have to do with the 2016 recruiting cycle, the in state players that oregon is going after. If you will look, the original post was a reply to another concerning in state recruiting in Oregon and was relevent.

And on another note, don't read posts or threads that you are not interested in. It is as plain and simple as that.

I have to read them to know if I'm not interested right? I was mainly referring to you post/thread on the main board about Oregons 2013 recruiting class. It would be slightly (very slightly) relevant here in the PAC thread but looks like it belongs on your team area. Just my opinion .

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to read them to know if I'm not interested right? I was mainly referring to you post/thread on the main board about Oregons 2013 recruiting class. It would be slightly (very slightly) relevant here in the PAC thread but looks like it belongs on your team area. Just my opinion .

Yeah, that one probably should have gone into the team section.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Washington State is never going to become an average Pac 12 school like Washington if they just abandon our state because guys don't want to develop relationships with local schools. Our recruiting class was still good, but at a school that has been as down as we have been you can rely strictly on the word of a kid from out of state, especially when it is obvious SC and such will have an extra opening or 2 and a kid would rather literally not play at SC than play for Mike Leach. Still is messed up a dude decided San Jose State is better than playing for Mike Leach and I get the Ivy League is great academically but why the hell would you commit to WSU if you are torn between the two? I dislike Leach but I can't tell if it is too ambitious of recruiting or just lazy. If this keeps up finally the fictitious fence around the state of Washington that UW coach's have been spewing since Don James might actually happen, although Browne and now lil Rypien would rather sit on the bench at SC and Boise State than go and start right away at UW.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon doesn't produce top level talent year in and year out at the HS level. And when they do, the Ducks almost always get them...Lowe, Lyerla, Tyner, Bair, etc.

We lost Scarlett this year to Stanford, that's it. Otherwise the top in state talent usually picks Ducks.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that one probably should have gone into the team section.
I don't really know that was going on over on the general boards and don't care but I wouldn't sweat the grief you're getting here bro.

You can post about whatever the hell you want on the PAC thread IMO...

Besides that your convo here was about the State of Oregon PAC recruiting with Wallace before anyone thought to complain.

That's the type of PAC convo most of us like to hear about!

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really know that was going on over on the general boards and don't care but I wouldn't sweat the grief you're getting here bro.

Besides that your convo here was about the State of Oregon PAC recruiting with Wallace before anyone thought to complain.

Thanks Mike.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree: This is the place for PAC news and discussion of PAC related things that don't need their own thread. My earlier post about the developments in the McNair case is an example. It's just a new development, but no decision has been reached, so it doesn't need a thread.

That said, I think SoCalJim is just hazing the noob a little.:suds:

Status
Not open for further replies.