• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was more we would have heard about it, especially with how much usc fought it and how ncaa backtracked on other punishments such as pen state, or lack of doing anything like North Carolina.

Usc made noise after both of those stories, yet ncaa didn't back down from usc...think the ncaa would have said of there was more to explain to the public why usc is getting screwed and these other places aren't.

The only real noise that USC made was our appeal (which is heard by the same committee that handed down the sanctions) and then each time Penn St. had their sanctions reduced, Haden went to the NCAA to see about getting ours reduced as well.

Apparently the last time he went before the NCAA, there was a deal in place that would have reduced our sanctions. However, the NCAA's legal counsel said that if they reduced our sanctions, it would be all but admitting they were wrong and would virtually guarantee that they lose Former Coach Todd McNair's lawsuit against them (although it looks like they're going to lose anyway).

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing about ncaa not backing down, they didn't want to admit they were wrong, especially with the sanctions being so severe.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing about ncaa not backing down, they didn't want to admit they were wrong, especially with the sanctions being so severe.

I guess the good that has come out of it is that with the lousy way they have handled the UNC, Miami and Penn St. issues has shown even more of light on how badly they handled the USC investigation and seems to have stripped them of some of their power or at least made them a little gun shy about using it.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask for and ye shall recieve...

GTFO! An Aussie punter? HA!

Nick Porebski, P, 5-11, 188, Melbourne, Australia (Snow JC)
Played one season of American Football in 2013 (NJCAA rules allowed for just 1 season) ... second in the conference for average yards per punt in '13 at 45.4 yards ... 19 punts downed inside the opponents' 20-yard-line ... long of 65 yards ... two-time Arizona Community College Athletic Conference Player of the Week ... 2013 National Junior College Athletic Association First Team All-American ... equally adept at punting conventional style or rugby style ... punts with either foot ... played Australian Rules Football ... Porebski on receiving a scholarship, courtesy of OregonLive -- "I've always liked the game on TV, but I didn't actually know you could get a full scholarship for punting the football, which I thought was pretty amazing. That really intrigued me. I could get my education paid for and, at the same time, I could play American football, which is a great opportunity."

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell happened TF? :noidea:

:lol:

Dudes Daddy was all USC!

Lol at your teams coaching staff having to mislead recruits then defensive coordinator bails on them.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So as it goes at 24/7, the PAC class rankings are:

2) USC

7) UCLA

16) Oregon

20) ASU

24) Stanford

27) Washington

35) Cal

42) Zona

44) Utah

49) WSU

69) Colorado

70) OSU

USC and UCLA killed it at the end as predicted.

Oregon used it's mojo well and brought in a very impressive class.

ASU kept it lose and battled for flips right up until the end. Nice class.

Washington brought in a nice balanced class with our coaches having it's first full year to go at it in the PAC, but missed on a pair of late targets.

Cal had a big surge in January. Well done. Their program continues forward momentum.

Zona kind of took a step backward this year with recruiting. That won't get it done vs. PAC.

Utah dealt with a lot of dysfunction and it cost them a bit with this class, but things have settled down with the coach staff for now. They need to do better.

WSU had a bunch of flips occur the past month and many saw that coming. The time it took to land a DC really cost them by LOI.

Colorado continues to struggle.

OSU ended up with a few gems that could end up producers, but let's see what they can do compared to the typical Riley's classes come next LOI.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting that both DeAnthony Thomas and snoops son didn't go to USC...he had huge influence over DAT. Did SC already loaded at Wr? Or did they not offer him the position he wanted to play?

Or of course it could just be a kid going to rival school for a friendly banter with his dad. I could see that with snoops son.

Deanthony was the bigger loss here. Watching Oregon turn him into a seldom used bum was good to watch though. Could have been heisman contender at SC. Instead was joe McKnight 2.0 at Oregon. Couple highlights sure.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford came on strong late and put together a nice class, but not quite as strong as the bar set the past couple years.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One player that was caught receiving benefits. That one player was pretty good. Are you suggesting that USC didn't gain an advantage by breaking the rules?

A gambler that is caught cheating doesn't usually use that hand to describe his skillful abilities.

but wasnt it an agent, not USC giving the benefits or whatever?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but wasnt it an agent, not USC giving the benefits or whatever?

Yes, but LP doesn't believe that. In his world USC cheated and gained a competitive advantage by paying Reggie Bush to leave early.:lol:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deanthony was the bigger loss here. Watching Oregon turn him into a seldom used bum was good to watch though. Could have been heisman contender at SC. Instead was joe McKnight 2.0 at Oregon. Couple highlights sure.

DAT wasn't an every down back, but a seldom used bum!? He won us the Rose Bowl vs wisconsin.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say I'm overwhelmed by Oregon's class, but it is right in the pocket of where they've been recruiting the last 7-8 years. That makes me think they will keep things chugging along.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waller, Canton, Ofodile and Taj Griffin are all immediate playmakers.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waller, Canton, Ofodile and Taj Griffin are all immediate playmakers.

Didnt' Griffen blowout his ACL and had to have surgery on Sept 30th last year? That cost him basically his entire senior season. While he will of had 10 months of recovery time by fall camp 2015, you can't really expect to see much playing time in 2015, if at all. For most RBs, recovery time is even longer for these.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at your teams coaching staff having to mislead recruits then defensive coordinator bails on them.
Really? :scratch:

Is anyone really surprised that Jeff Ulbrich was going to leave in the off season if he found a good opportunity?

We all saw how both he and Mora got along last season, I don't think this is a shock to anyone. :nod:

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is anyone really surprised that Jeff Ulbrich was going to leave in the off season if he found a good opportunity?

We all saw how both he and Mora got along last season, I don't think this is a shock to anyone. :nod:

I think they played all the recruits...had some of these other players that recruited through the morning knew about him leaving a few days ago I think even more would have decomitted. shady move by mora

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Apparently, no one told Roquan Smith that the DC was leaving and that seems to be at least part of the reason he's wavering. I think that's what trojanfight is referring to.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, no one told Roquan Smith that the DC was leaving and that seems to be at least part of the reason he's wavering. I think that's what trojanfight is referring to.

im not so sure other recruits knew either. they had just already signed with ucla by time news broke. do they have the big push today if he left a week ago? maybe not.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I deal with attrition in my line of work quite a bit. It goes with the industry as it does in this case too.

Maybe I see things a bit different than yous but as the old saying goes, "You're either with me or you're against me" and until it's a done deal, you're with me if I haven't fired your ass already. :suds:

I guess, we all could see how this actually shakes out before we start vilifying Mora.:scratch:

Status
Not open for further replies.