• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure not on probation but still during a time that they were actually punished for these infractions that lead to the eventual sanctions and probation you are talking about.

Many believe if you want to use the 'probation excuse' than you must also embrace those vacated games by the NCAA too. :nod:

Acceptance is one of the five steps of 'Loss and Grief'.

Both of which many, many Trojans fans have suffered to this point.

Very weak troll attempt. You need to step your game up son.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:There is no fear. USC can recruit better than Oregon, but can they beat Oregon? That remains to be seen.
Or can they beat UCLA for that matter....

3 years running, I'm just saying...

BTW- Just catching up on some of the post here on LOI day.

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell happened TF? :noidea:

:lol:

Dudes Daddy was all USC!

Honestly. He's not THAT great and USC kind of lost interest. The book on him is that he's got good hands and good size, but he's not very physical and he's not exactly a speed burner.

I think he'll make a very good possession type receiver, but he's not going to be a game changer for you guys.

Overall, it looks like you guys had a great day today as well. I've seen UCLA ranked as high as #7 in the country. It'll be interesting to see if Roquan Smith sticks with his commit or flips to UGA. I guess he's being lobbied pretty hard to flip. I hope you guys get him. I hate when school do that shit.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting that both DeAnthony Thomas and snoops son didn't go to USC...he had huge influence over DAT. Did SC already loaded at Wr? Or did they not offer him the position he wanted to play?

Or of course it could just be a kid going to rival school for a friendly banter with his dad. I could see that with snoops son.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly. He's not THAT great and USC kind of lost interest. The book on him is that he's got good hands and good size, but he's not very physical and he's not exactly a speed burner.

I think he'll make a very good possession type receiver, but he's not going to be a game changer for you guys.

Overall, it looks like you guys had a great day today as well. I've seen UCLA ranked as high as #7 in the country. It'll be interesting to see if Roquan Smith sticks with his commit or flips to UGA. I guess he's being lobbied pretty hard to flip. I hope you guys get him. I hate when school do that shit.
Good stuff TF!

:suds:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry man. Didn't mean to make you upset.

:suds: seriously

Not upset in the least. Just letting you know how you're making yourself look. Call it a public service or teachable moment. Don't want to see you slip back into the stuff that got you banned. I like you being here too much.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please explain how one players family being given stuff they weren't supposed to so that he would leave school early is any kind of correlation, direct or otherwise, to USC's success during that span.

One player that was caught receiving benefits. That one player was pretty good. Are you suggesting that USC didn't gain an advantage by breaking the rules?

A gambler that is caught cheating doesn't usually use that hand to describe his skillful abilities.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting that both DeAnthony Thomas and snoops son didn't go to USC...he had huge influence over DAT. Did SC already loaded at Wr? Or did they not offer him the position he wanted to play?

Or of course it could just be a kid going to rival school for a friendly banter with his dad. I could see that with snoops son.
I gotta think that P. Diddy and Jerry Rice's sons as Bruins had something to do with it. Maybe not the primary consideration but enough to tilt the scales in the end.

:nod:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One player that was caught receiving benefits. That one player was pretty good. Are you suggesting that USC didn't gain an advantage by breaking the rules?

A gambler that is caught cheating doesn't usually use that example to describe his skillful abilities.

I think the sanctions for SC were far too extreme. Did bush obtain financial benefits? Maybe, but how does that provide an on field advantage for usc? He received those benefits after already being on the team.

And it was only one player. Unlike places at miami where multiple recruits were receiving benefits before signing with the canes.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta think that P. Diddy and Jerry Rice's sons as Bruins had something to do with it. Maybe not the primary consideration but enough to tilt the scales in the end.

Is UCLA looking to create an R&B group?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff TF!

:suds:

I've been watching that Snoop & Son series on ESPN and one thing I will say is that it looks like you guys are getting a great kid. I think he's a good football player, but he really seems to be an even better kid. Very thoughtful, seems to be very humble, really appears to love his family and seems to make the right decisions. He also seems to be very coachable too.

I don't know how much impact he'll have on the field, but he looks like he'll be a great person and teammate.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the sanctions for SC were far too extreme. Did bush obtain financial benefits? Maybe, but how does that provide an on field advantage for usc? He received those benefits after already being on the team.

And it was only one player. Unlike places at miami where multiple recruits were receiving benefits before signing with the canes.

I just don't believe that was all that there was to it, thus the seemingly extreme sanctions.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has the hands, he now needs to hit the weight room and build on that frame. Kid has potential.

Snoop himself is a recruiting bed....guy has produced DeAnthony Thomas and his son. I think he also produced another stud defensive guy who either went to UW or usc a few years ago.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't believe that was all that there was to it, thus the seemingly extreme sanctions.

If there was more we would have heard about it, especially with how much usc fought it and how ncaa backtracked on other punishments such as pen state, or lack of doing anything like North Carolina.

Usc made noise after both of those stories, yet ncaa didn't back down from usc...think the ncaa would have said of there was more to explain to the public why usc is getting screwed and these other places aren't.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A gambler that is caught cheating doesn't usually use that hand to describe his skillful abilities.

Exactly what advantage did USC gain from a player being paid to leave school early? Don't you think that if USC was going to pay him, they would have paid him to stay? Considering the season USC had after he left, it's fairly likely that had he come back, USC would have played in a 3rd straight NCG. THAT would be gaining an advantage. If anything, a player being paid to leave early, creates a disadvantage.

Additionally, the NCAA showed up on campus, put on their rubber gloves and went straight up USC's ass looking for violations. Yet, they couldn't find one violation with the football program outside of the Bush family and they couldn't even prove that USC knew about the Bush family. That's why, in the NCAA's own final ruling, they said that USC "should have known."

It has been 14 years since Pete Carroll was hired. The NCAA spent approximately 4 years investigating USC, yet found nothing outside of the Bush family. In a day and age where players seem to come out every month claiming they were paid by the school they attended, not one former Trojan has come out and said anything. In all of that time, you'd think there would be at least one disgruntled former player whose career didn't work out like he hoped who would have said something. Or maybe a former player looking for a payday or some attention. Yet, nothing.

So detective, please show all of us the evidence that you have found of USC cheating that the NCAA was unable find in it's 4 year investigation. Then, you can forward it to the NCAA. I'm sure they'd love to see it and might even offer you job.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Certainly couldn't have hurt.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The NCAA's report is a matter of public record. Feel free to read it. It shows everything that USC was accused of and everything they found.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Georgia sitting at ~27 now how many more do they need?

Status
Not open for further replies.