• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm over it. I admit I may be slightly on edge. I quit smoking weed. it's been two weeks. no particular reason really, I am usually a cfb season toker. but as I get older maybe I will quit for good, who knows...

also I have walking pneumonia right now. been sick as fuck for a week and a half. and now my baby has been sick for five days too, which makes sleeping very hard. she wakes up about every half hour and wifey and I are taking shifts...ugh
:pound:

OMG! That is so funny!

I quit sleep for three days two weeks ago and couldn't put two words together for the life of me. :lol:

True story, the next day, I had an important meeting and was stressed trying to make the appointment on time with a Plant Engineer.

I texted my wife along the way due to road rage, that "I was a little bitch with a short fuse!"

When I got there, I was dumbfounded searching for basic terminology in my presentation. :L

After my struggles with basic terminology, I later texted my wife to "Look away, I'm hideous!"

The next day I saw this here...

"Don't look at me, I'm hideous." - Vitimike's current avatar :heh:
What a co winky dink! :lol:

That or Wallace is tapping the wife and their both having a laugh at my expense! :eek:

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This doesn't mean I hate you.

Just fire with fire jabroni.
I'm over it. I admit I may be slightly on edge. I quit smoking weed. it's been two weeks. no particular reason really, I am usually a cfb season toker. but as I get older maybe I will quit for good, who knows...

also I have walking pneumonia right now. been sick as fuck for a week and a half. and now my baby has been sick for five days too, which makes sleeping very hard. she wakes up about every half hour and wifey and I are taking shifts...ugh

A true description of hell, Shaver. No "dislikes" until the baby is better.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember those days. They were always tough.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A true description of hell, Shaver. No "dislikes" until the baby is better.

thanks NN

sometimes I wonder who the baby is....me or her....lol

she is getting better every day, but I can't shake this crap. even being as sick as I am, still getting up and going to work every day, and coming home and working with my teenage daughter on softball (she's a freshman trying to make varsity, and she's learning how to switch hit) helping with the baby and trying to be a good husband. I rarely get sick. and everytime I do I forget how much it takes out of you

on the real, thanks for the kind words

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The San Francisco 49ers wil bid to host the college football playoff championship game at newly opened Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif.

The team will attempt to host either the 2018, '19 or '20 title game and have until May to announce its bid.

Levi’s Stadium, which opened prior to the 2014-15 NFL season, hosted the Foster Farms Bowl on Dec. 30 and drew an attendance of 34,780. The stadium has a capacity of 68,500, which is expandable to 75,000.

AT&T Stadium in the Dallas area hosted the First College Football Playoff National Championship and had an announced attendance of 85,689.

The next two college football title games already have been awarded to Glendale, Ariz., and Tampa, Fla. The College Football Playoff will announce future championship sites later this fall.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ducks are really liking the friendly confines of Levi's Stadium so far.

This is good.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope they get their turf issues figured out before then. That field was atrocious last season. :doh:

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about the future of the pac last night and I have a real question. what are the realistic outlooks for the next 3-5 years for each program? Is this outlook the same at the 10 year mark? I am really curious what the future holds for teams like wazzu and cal, etc?

I feel like cal has upside, and could make some moves and shake up the pac a bit. but what is the realistic expectation for them? I keep hearing from people how cfb is cyclical and teams will go up and down. but nowadays, is this really true?

of course I don't expect oregon to win the PAC every year, but is it realistic to say that they will be in the cellar in the next 5 years? 10 years?

conversely, is it realistic to expect wazzu to be a pac contender in the next 5 years?

I gotta believe, barring any serious ncaa violations, the PAC north will likely held by the same 2 maybe 3 teams over the next decade.

the south is a little more wide open, but again, would we really expect Utah or Colorado to contend? can ucla really make a dent in usc' recruiting over the long term? what happens if mora leaves? will the Arizona schools continue to progress?

I think it is a very interesting discussion. in today's cfb, what can we expect as fans?

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cal will join Oregon and Stanford down the road as a contender.

Pieces are there.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, on second thought. I think Cal passes Stanfprd as a program 5-10 years from now and is more consistent in contending for PAC titles.

South, I don't see any of the big 4 ever taking too big of a dip from where they are. With Utah occasionally throwing in a run.

SC will be back to consistently contending annually in the South and Nationally.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about the future of the pac last night and I have a real question. what are the realistic outlooks for the next 3-5 years for each program? Is this outlook the same at the 10 year mark? I am really curious what the future holds for teams like wazzu and cal, etc?

I feel like cal has upside, and could make some moves and shake up the pac a bit. but what is the realistic expectation for them? I keep hearing from people how cfb is cyclical and teams will go up and down. but nowadays, is this really true?

of course I don't expect oregon to win the PAC every year, but is it realistic to say that they will be in the cellar in the next 5 years? 10 years?

conversely, is it realistic to expect wazzu to be a pac contender in the next 5 years?

I gotta believe, barring any serious ncaa violations, the PAC north will likely held by the same 2 maybe 3 teams over the next decade.

the south is a little more wide open, but again, would we really expect Utah or Colorado to contend? can ucla really make a dent in usc' recruiting over the long term? what happens if mora leaves? will the Arizona schools continue to progress?

I think it is a very interesting discussion. in today's cfb, what can we expect as fans?

College football is cyclical, but the cycle doesn't swing as far or as often as folks sometimes want to believe. There are the inevitable downtimes for teams like USC that other teams in the conference will take advantage of. Perennial cellar dwellers like Wazzou or Cal will also have the occasional season where they challenge for and even win the conference.

Things typically return to status quo fairly quickly though. Oregon appears to have become part of the status quo among the top in the conference. While there will be the occasional seasons where they don't even win the North, let alone the PAC, I don't think they will be finishing in the cellar anytime soon either.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cal is on the rise, but so is most of the PAC. All schools are oozing millions from the PAC12 broadcast deals, they don't even blink on facilities upgrades that would of been beyond their dreams just a decade ago. The problem for every PAC team is going to be there are only so many W's to go around and the competition level is insane.

Cal could get bowl eligible this year, but given the current state of the PAC, even getting 7-8 wins is a feat for most teams in this conf.

Dykes is moving Cal in the right direction for sure. But still plenty work to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.