• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I hate Kiffin, I agree with a lot of what Vitamike says. I DO think he slightly over-acheived, and I DO think he was sort of used.

But I still hate him. Lane Kiffin youface

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think we are mostly in agreement here.

First, to be fair, I edited that sentence in bold. It originally said "far above my expectations" :lol:

Big difference!

Next, when I said up to when the team quit on him, I was speaking of the Sun Bowl game. As I recall, most of the W's on that 7-5 season, Coach 'O' was was responsible for.

Last, when I said USC 'used' him, I just don't believe any USC AD hires Kiffin at that point in time of Lane's career as the USC HC if Sanctions weren't involved.

In other words, no sanctions, no Kiffin.

Coach O was responsible for most of the wins in the season Kiffin got fired (when we went 10-4). The 7-6 season was all Lane. :lol:

You may be right about the timing of Kiffin being hired. The sanctions hadn't hit, or even been announced yet, but we all knew something was coming. Carroll had gone to Seattle and Mike Garrett surprised everyone (including Lane Kiffin) by hiring him.

To this day, I honestly believe that it was more about the staff he brought with him, than about Lane himself. But Garrett was kind of an idiot, so who really knows. I know that when Haden was hired as AD, Kiffin essentially had to "re-interview" with him and his plan to get us through the sanctions (which had been announced by this time) was a large part of the reason Haden elected not to make a change.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I hate Kiffin, I agree with a lot of what Vitamike says. I DO think he slightly over-acheived, and I DO think he was sort of used.

But I still hate him. Lane Kiffin youface
Vols fan approves of this message! :lol:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon signs deal with Hawaii to play 3 game series In Eugene in 2020 and 2023 and in Hawaii in 2024.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's only when we travel

It's optional.

Is it only if ya travel? I forgot.

USC just did a home and home with them in 2012 and 2013. It looks like you just get the extra game in the season you travel to Hawai'i. In 2012, when they played at the Coliseum, we had 12 games and in 2013, when we played there, we had 13 games.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ole Miss and Cal have agreed to play a home and home series that will take place in 2017 and 2019.

The Pac-12 vs. SEC showdown will begin on Sept. 16, 2017, in Berkeley, California, before shifting to Oxford, Mississippi, on Sept. 21, 2019. It will be the first such meeting between schools on the football field in their history.

Cal now has home and aways with Ole Miss and Auburn. Nicely done. :clap:

Hopefully Auburn doesn't back out. Didn't they back out of their return trip to SC too?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
optional extra home game in a year when a team travels to Hawaii to help offset the coast of traveling there.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Auburn doesn't back out. Didn't they back out of their return trip to SC too?
no I am pretty sure Auburn is solid on their commitments. UGA and A&M backed out on Oregon though

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no I am pretty sure Auburn is solid on their commitments. UGA and A&M backed out on Oregon though

Is it me or doe SEC teams have a habit of backing out of games? I'm pretty sure USC has to play Idaho of something because of a school backing out. I dont ever recall USC wanting to drop a big name opponent and play some community college at home instead. I would have loved for the Alabama game be a home an home instead of lining Jerrys pockets. But I guess them gumps fear losing at home.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it me or doe SEC teams have a habit of backing out of games? I'm pretty sure USC has to play Idaho of something because of a school backing out. I dont ever recall USC wanting to drop a big name opponent and play some community college at home instead. I would have loved for the Alabama game be a home an home instead of lining Jerrys pockets. But I guess them gumps fear losing at home.

I don't know about any upcoming Idaho games, but we played Idaho in 2007 as a favor to our former linebacker coach Nick Holt who had been hired as Idaho's Head Coach. The game was agreed to in 2003 or 2004, but because of scheduling, couldn't be played until 2007.

By that time, Holt was back at USC as our DC. :lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Me too, but from a financial perspective, playing the game at Jerry World is actually better for both programs because they will make more off of the one game than they would have on a home and home.

From a historical perspective though, and as a fan, I would much rather that it be a home and home.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too, but from a financial perspective, playing the game at Jerry World is actually better for both programs because they will make more off of the one game than they would have on a home and home.

From a historical perspective though, and as a fan, I would much rather that it be a home and home.

If money is the reason why fans wont see two games its a piss poor reason. Both programs make enough.SC can go to BC and Hawaii but somehow a home and home with Bama doesn't make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.