• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's not just bama. the entire sec makes a habit of scheduling cupcakes every year....at home...

having to schedule Portland state because someone pulls out of a deal is different than purposely avoiding road games and playing ITT Tech every year.

this is not a new topic. this is old news. sec fans knows it, and usually comes up with some bullshit excuse. but that is par for the course for dem southern boyz

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and for the record, I hate when oregon plays d2 schools. I am envious of the fact that there are 2 teams in our conference that have never done this, and never will. I only wish oregon was one of those teams

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and for the record, I hate when oregon plays d2 schools. I am envious of the fact that there are 2 teams in our conference that have never done this, and never will. I only wish oregon was one of those teams
FBS/DIA, FCS/DIAA, DII DIII NAIA
just like there is a difference between FBS and FCS there is a difference to DII. Oregon and for that matter no one plays DII schools.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's not just bama. the entire sec makes a habit of scheduling cupcakes every year....at home...

having to schedule Portland state because someone pulls out of a deal is different than purposely avoiding road games and playing ITT Tech every year.

this is not a new topic. this is old news. sec fans knows it, and usually comes up with some bullshit excuse. but that is par for the course for dem southern boyz

Is Eastern Washington this year because someone pulled out of a deal?

South Dakota last year?

Nichols St before that?

Tenn Tech in 2012?

Missouri St in 2011?

What's your bullshit excuse?

There are only a handful of teams that don't schedule FCS in all of college football. It's dumb not to the way the current system is setup because it counts towards being bowl eligible, which purposely allows more teams to become bowl eligible in FBS allowing for more bowl games. Because otherwise the losses come to a FBS team somewhere, and less teams are bowl eligible.

Being bowl eligible is not that much about the money as it is the other benefits that come along. National exposure which helps with recruiting, more practice time with your players which is already extremely limited these days. Some schools lose money just to go the bowl game.

If they would make it so you couldn't count 1 FCS game towards being bowl eligible, then people would quit scheduling them. So if you want to bitch about it, then bitch about the rule that promotes the practice.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the attempt was made and that's good enough, imo. Va. Tech and West Virginia are usually pretty good, top 25 caliber teams. Them not being up to snuff at the time of the game isn't Alabama's fault.

It's much less likely that those teams are going to end up being cupcakes than it is that some traditional cupcake or FCS school is going to be good enough to win or even present much of a challenge.

Yeah but our SoS still suffers for it more. More so with human voters who figure SoS in their head instead of using formulas, because humans will put way more weight on a game against a quality opponent than they would others.

Va. Tech had a good D that year, but their offense stunk.

WVU was a much better team at the start of the year than they were at the end. WVU beat Baylor and gave the game away to TCU at the end. And they only gave that game to TCU after Clint Trickett got hit in the head and should have come out of the game(missed penalty on the play too). Still TCU won on a last second FG. After that game WVU went on and lost a bunch more games, Trickett shouldn't have finished the TCU game much less the rest of the season. He quit football finally because of concussions.

But at the end, all anyone see's is 7-6 WVU that lost 4 of it's last 5 games starting with the TCU game.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Eastern Washington this year because someone pulled out of a deal?

South Dakota last year?

Nichols St before that?

Tenn Tech in 2012?

Missouri St in 2011?

What's your bullshit excuse?

There are only a handful of teams that don't schedule FCS in all of college football. It's dumb not to the way the current system is setup because it counts towards being bowl eligible, which purposely allows more teams to become bowl eligible in FBS allowing for more bowl games. Because otherwise the losses come to a FBS team somewhere, and less teams are bowl eligible.

Being bowl eligible is not that much about the money as it is the other benefits that come along. National exposure which helps with recruiting, more practice time with your players which is already extremely limited these days. Some schools lose money just to go the bowl game.

If they would make it so you couldn't count 1 FCS game towards being bowl eligible, then people would quit scheduling them. So if you want to bitch about it, then bitch about the rule that promotes the practice.

All of them were replacement opponents. I know the Missouri State game was originally Utah, but when Utah joined the PAC the Ducks scrambled to get Missouri State. Kansas State cancelled a home n home that sent Oregon scrambling. Also UO had Idaho as a regional game but due to their conference realignment they cancelled with Oregon as well. But every school you listed was never an original opponent.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of them were replacement opponents. I know the Missouri State game was originally Utah, but when Utah joined the PAC the Ducks scrambled to get Missouri State. Kansas State cancelled a home n home that sent Oregon scrambling. Also UO had Idaho as a regional game but due to their conference realignment they cancelled with Oregon as well. But every school you listed was never an original opponent.
Roasted

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you are going with the Texas A&M excuse?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They backed out on Oregon also. Just like Georgia and KSU

That is 6 home and home games.

You had 5 and 6 years for the Georgia one, they cancelled in 2010 for 2015 and 2016. I don't see how you can really attribute that as not having time to find a replacement. Still that would only excuse the 1 game from this coming year.

The Texas A&M games weren't even scheduled until 2018 and 2019, so I don't think they are a valid excuse either.

And as far as Kansas St goes - that was mostly Oregon pulling out because they wanted to play LSU in 2011.

Oregon Says Kansas State Didnt Back Out of the Home-and-Home Series, It Was Kind of Mutual | The Big Lead

So yeah, I don't think I'm buying the excuses.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No excuse. Oregon plays an FCS yearly like everyone else minus the 3 teams that don't.

But it isn't the same as the sec scheduling practices. You aren't changing anyone's mind in here.

So let's just let it go before we go down the same tired road for the 100th time...

MmmK?

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isnt there an SEC thread where 4d20 can go and stir up shit? Its clearly not working here

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If money is the reason why fans wont see two games its a piss poor reason. Both programs make enough.SC can go to BC and Hawaii but somehow a home and home with Bama doesn't make sense?
:agree:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, it is incredible the amount of miles the PAC travels ooc

The B1G is the only P5 that is equal to the PAC in that regard.

Oregon went to freaking Virginia. ?? Virginia!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, it is incredible the amount of miles the PAC travels ooc

The B1G is the only P5 that is equal to the PAC in that regard.

Oregon went to freaking Virginia. ?? Virginia!
So did UCLA and the Trojans went to BC!

We nearly got beat and USC was literally RUN over! :dhd:

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FBS/DIA, FCS/DIAA, DII DIII NAIA
just like there is a difference between FBS and FCS there is a difference to DII. Oregon and for that matter no one plays DII schools.

I realize this. I will still (and always) refer to them as D2. Because lets just face it, unless you get beat by one, they ARE D2 schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.