• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bet they finish ahead of Udud

Possible. We lose most of our 2014 defensive playmakers to the draft. We have no running game. Group of quarterbacks Sark left us ended up being all busts. Miles probable replacement redshirted last year and has never played a snap in a real college game. Our schedule is a nightmare.

Cal could very well finish ahead of us.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries. I'll leave you all to the ducks circle jerk here for tonight. Got some studying to do. Goodnight.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. too easy.

Next time I should just say "Git SPOT!! Go to your dog house!"

#thinskinned

Yall can dish it but a hint of criticism and yall run away

night mutt

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my predictions stand. called this months ago, and it is not due to hate.

PAC north

oregon
Stanford
osu
cal
wsu
UW

south

usc
ucla
zona
asu
Utah
Colorado

with possible switch ups between cal and osu in the north, and asu, zona and ucla in the south

south will be a blood bath again

Apple cup will be a battle for the cellar.

what will husky fans say about petey when he finishes last? clearly they will say he need more time, but what kind of recruits will be pull when he turns his coaching staff over after losing the apple cup? when the old pirate starts getting those three star kids that normally go to UW, what will the aging fan base in Seattle say?

with osu's new staff and newly built recruiting pipeline, along with cal surging, UW's recruiting class will only get weaker. petey will be back in the WAC by 2017

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiffin 2.0
TBT, I thought Lane performed far above expectations up until the near end of his tenure, even though the team eventually quit on him.

It appeared to me that USC 'used him' for the most part. Of course it had to be someone to run them through the heart of those darkest days of sanctions. :nod:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible. We lose most of our 2014 defensive playmakers to the draft. We have no running game. Group of quarterbacks Sark left us ended up being all busts. Miles probable replacement redshirted last year and has never played a snap in a real college game. Our schedule is a nightmare.

Cal could very well finish ahead of us.

Where's all that Peterson enthusiasm? Sark took over a 0-12 team and won five games the next year. Surely Saint Peterson can do better .

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBT, I thought Lane performed far above expectations up until the near end of his tenure, even though the team eventually quit on him.

It appeared to me that USC 'used him' for the most part. Of course it had to be someone to run them through the heart of those darkest days of sanctions. :nod:
Dude as a Los Angeles rams fan since my childhood days ( not after the bitch moved them). Please remove that avi of that ugly ass Rams Helmet. it looks High school.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Personally, I am not a big Kiffin fan. That is just me. I see a lot of similarities with Sark. I could be wrong, but we will see. He won't have any excuses within the next couple of years with the recruits he is getting now.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know about "far above expectations," but more USC fans are starting to realize that he had a solid plan to get us through the sanctions and that his plan worked very well. When one considers that most were predicting 5-7 and 4-8 type season and we made it through with two 10 win seasons and our worst record was 7-6, it says a lot about his plan and our ability to still land top recruits.

I don't know about "used him." He wasn't Pat Haden's hire and I felt like Haden gave him a fair shot at keeping the job. Considering how well the team performed given the sanctions, he would likely still be the coach if he could have kept his mouth shut and not allowed bullshit like banning a longtime USC reporter, switching jerseys and the original "deflategate" to happen. He probably should have been fired after the Sun bowl meltdown, but Haden even tried giving him one more season to fix it. He just couldn't pull the team back together and we were hemorrhaging recruits when he was let go.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I am not a big Kiffin fan. That is just me. I see a lot of similarities with Sark. I could be wrong, but we will see. He won't have any excuses within the next couple of years with the recruits he is getting now.

Seriously?!? Other than running a similar offense and having been co-OC with him under Pete Carroll, exactly how are they similar?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and it looks like certain Ducks and Huskies couldn't honor the cease fire. So you all can thank Mamba and Regent for this:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about "far above expectations," but more USC fans are starting to realize that he had a solid plan to get us through the sanctions and that his plan worked very well. When one considers that most were predicting 5-7 and 4-8 type season and we made it through with two 10 win seasons and our worst record was 7-6, it says a lot about his plan and our ability to still land top recruits.

I don't know about "used him." He wasn't Pat Haden's hire and I felt like Haden gave him a fair shot at keeping the job. Considering how well the team performed given the sanctions, he would likely still be the coach if he could have kept his mouth shut and not allowed bullshit like banning a longtime USC reporter, switching jerseys and the original "deflategate" to happen. He probably should have been fired after the Sun bowl meltdown, but Haden even tried giving him one more season to fix it. He just couldn't pull the team back together and we were hemorrhaging recruits when he was let go.
I actually think we are mostly in agreement here.

First, to be fair, I edited that sentence in bold. It originally said "far above my expectations" :lol:

Big difference!

Next, when I said up to when the team quit on him, I was speaking of the Sun Bowl game. As I recall, most of the W's on that 7-5 season, Coach 'O' was was responsible for.

Last, when I said USC 'used' him, I just don't believe any USC AD hires Kiffin at that point in time of Lane's career as the USC HC if Sanctions weren't involved.

In other words, no sanctions, no Kiffin.

Status
Not open for further replies.