• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The only Scenario that fixes everything

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that if the Bengals and Bills are one and done in the playoffs, all will be better off!
That can be a possibility, but not without it being considered fair before the playoffs start.

Only way for it to be fair, is if those three games go that way, even though Cincinnati got screwed out of a slim chance of a #1 seed. That is the least of my concerns now.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are completely misunderstanding the point of this.

With this scenario, there are zero needs for ANY of the new stipulations that the league is putting in play to make things more "fair". None.

There is no tie breaker between Bills and Chiefs making them play in a neutral site in the Championship game.

So by Bills winning, this muddies the water, and forces one of these new made up rules for this year. If the Chiefs loss and the Bills win, it still causes the exact same scenario. You can't get around it, except this way.

Plus, this makes up that game that never finished that Cincinnati got hosed out of. They played 9 games on the road this year, 7 at home, and lost revenue for this game because they refunded all their fans their money back after this event.

The Bengals are a small market team, with no billion dollar business backing the owners outside the team itself. This franchise was purchased for like $10 million dollars with business professional backgrounds, not tech giants and superstore pockets. By hosting this game, you get a rematch that everyone wants, back in Cincinnati.

The Bengals are on the line for Burrow, Higgins, Pratt and Wilson after this year. With the way salaries have increased, and no major pockets backing this process and how the NFL forces teams to invest 100% of guaranteed money into an account that is not accessible for the player.

The Bengals don't have $400 million for guarantees to guys they have to pay up front without getting their 8th game back. This allows them that opportunity IF it goes down like this, and allows them to recoup some lost profits.

I didn't say the league should FIX the games, I said this is the ideal scenario for the league to prevent them from having to use any of their wacky ass made up rules.
those poor poor bengals:suds:

btw operating income is their profit

1673029955280.png

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's great and all but there is no way the Bills lose to the Pats on Sunday and I'm a Pats fan

The Pats are playing to make the post season and the Bills just endured the most traumatic experience in modern NFL times.

I'd rather bet on week 2 of the preseason than try to figure out what happens in that game

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the NFL just told owners/players:

Next time there is a catastrophic event on the field - better not let the goodness of what is right win out over finishing the game. Finish the game, or we'll change the rules....

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skip Bayless got dragged for stating the obvious. There's absolutely no fair way to determine the AFC playoff seeding without the results of that Cin/Buf game.

Skip for dragged for firing off a Tweet while the guy was still laying on the field. That was more to call attention to himself than it was anything else, which is completely in character for Skip.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Next time there is a catastrophic event on the field - better not let the goodness of what is right win out over finishing the game. Finish the game, or we'll change the rules....
actually its the opposite just go home cause it wont make your seeding change

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all....

Rules were already in place - except, the NFL decided to change them.

I think I've been pretty level headed about the events leading up to everything, but what just transpired is absolute lunacy.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Skip for dragged for firing off a Tweet while the guy was still laying on the field. That was more to call attention to himself than it was anything else, which is completely in character for Skip.

He said a prayer for him. He cloaked his response with the obvious qualifier that the game was irrelevant compared to Damar Hamlin's health.

Until I got word that Hamlin was progressing and sounded as though he would survive this I honestly wondered if I'd ever be able to watch football again.

The question of how the NFL would handle was still there. I believe the game should have been rescheduled

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its all grand and dandy when a coin toss doesn't affect your fate, isn't it? I say we just flip a coin to determine the outcome of the Bills and Pats this weekend. This way it gives you at least a 50/50 chance of making the playoffs. Of course you don't get to try and control the outcome, only hope lady luck is in your favor.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is that Im not going to worry about the details too much. Yeah, 1 seed would be great but whoever gets the 1 seed in the AFC still has a long road to the Super Bowl. Maybe a 20% chance of winning a championship from that spot. Lots of variables in play here regardless of fairness.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is that Im not going to worry about the details too much. Yeah, 1 seed would be great but whoever gets the 1 seed in the AFC still has a long road to the Super Bowl. Maybe a 20% chance of winning a championship from that spot. Lots of variables in play here regardless of fairness.
Count me in on the Chiefs just winning it outright with no neutral site being needed. Beat the Raiders!!!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a 20% chance of winning a championship from that spot.
Really, 20% to win two home games?

Do you really think the AFC side this year is all that.
No disrespect, do you see 20% on the NFC side for #1 seed as well?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chiefs would only have 1 home game in this scenario if they get the 1 seed tomorrow. I think it's probably closer to a 25% chance the Bye holder wins the SB.

538 gives the Chiefs a 26% chance to win the SB with a win tomorrow, for example. Which would place them as the SB favorite, and only team over 20% at that point.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You guys really are gonna hurt yourselves trying to pat your own backs on this stuff.

“Excuse me sir! We should be congratulated for not being heartless monsters!”

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chiefs probably 60% chance they beat the Chargers, 40% the Bengals. 25% chance to make SB. 50/50 against the Eagles. 12.5%. Maybe up to 15% to win a Super Bowl if matched up in a favorable matchup. Could see that fluctauting up to 20% if the Jags or Bills get put in there but ultimately, yeah, 80% chance of disappointment give or take.

Bengals would probably have the best odds out of the 1 seed but they wont get there. Bills...60% chance against the Chargers. 50% against the Chiefs/Bengals. So 30% odds at making the SB. Probably 15-20% chance of winning a Super Bowl.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs probably 60% chance they beat the Chargers, 40% the Bengals. 25% chance to make SB. 50/50 against the Eagles. 12.5%. Maybe up to 15% to win a Super Bowl if matched up in a favorable matchup. Could see that fluctauting up to 20% if the Jags or Bills get put in there but ultimately, yeah, 80% chance of disappointment give or take.

Bengals would probably have the best odds out of the 1 seed but they wont get there. Bills...60% chance against the Chargers. 50% against the Chiefs/Bengals. So 30% odds at making the SB. Probably 15-20% chance of winning a Super Bowl.
Vegas would probably favor the Chiefs against the Bengals in Arrowhead by like a TD. I think you're being a bit conservative.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its all grand and dandy when a coin toss doesn't affect your fate, isn't it? I say we just flip a coin to determine the outcome of the Bills and Pats this weekend. This way it gives you at least a 50/50 chance of making the playoffs. Of course you don't get to try and control the outcome, only hope lady luck is in your favor.
Does it though? If it comes down to a coin toss it means that you shit the bed and lost to a mediocre team without their starting QB.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys really are gonna hurt yourselves trying to pat your own backs on this stuff.

“Excuse me sir! We should be congratulated for not being heartless monsters!”
It's sad that this was your take-away from all of this.

Fuck off.