• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Analyzing the Bills' schedule

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going in divisional alphabetical order.

At this point last year, I had the Ravens going 13-3 or 12-4. When it came time to make my predictions official, I cut them down some.

Last year, I was off on the Bills but I picked them to lose to inferior teams (not just slightly worse).

I think the Bills go 8-8 or 9-7 here.

Back to backs
@LV
@Ten

This back to back road stretch leads into the TNF against KC. There is also week 15 at Denver, as I expect Buffalo to split the AFC West road games. I think Buffalo is better than Tennessee and defenses tend to play well at Tennessee. This Titans team with Tannehill has not faced Buffalo, but Buffalo has a three-game winning streak against them. The Raiders will be hosting their second game and if they don't beat the Saints they will want to win this one. 1-1 or 2-0, but either way 2-1 at LV, Tennessee, and Denver.

NE
Seattle

NE is a statement game I expect the Bills to win, and that will leave them on the other end when Seattle comes to town the next week. 1-1.

Weeks 13-16
This is the toughest part of Buffalo's schedule. Buffalo plays at SF on MNF, and on short rest has to face Pittsburgh, who should be better than last year. They then go to Mile-High before going to Foxborough in a rematch against the Pats. The Bills may have beaten Pittsburgh last year but they didn't beat Big Ben or a team with any decent QB play, and this is not a good spot. Because of this stretch, it hurts the Bills' odds of beating NE twice. I see this as a 1-3 or 0-4 stretch.

Notable opponent back to backs

@Titans
Titans, who I think Buffalo wins against, play at home against the Steelers the previous week. Tennessee has no dangerous home field though. They went 0-2 at home against the Texans and Saints last year. Tennessee has been more sloppy in home games also. They do their damage in road games. Titans have been owned by both teams but they may have a better shot against Pittsburgh. W

@Cardinals
Buffalo is in the Cleveland spot here. Arizona is playing three straight home games, again, against a division rival followed by two AFC games like weeks 13-15 last year. Fortunately for Buffalo, Arizona should beat Miami, which helps the Bills odds of not facing a desperate home team. W

Other division matchups
Jets are twice in the first seven weeks. That should be another split as a result.

Dolphins will be improved with their offseason adjustments and that may pose problems for the Bills. I think the Bills will rest their starters week 17 should they beat Miami week 2 anyways. The division winner is likely the no.4 seed.

So, I see the Bills splitting everything(each home and road) to go to what appears to be 8-8. Anything else is a steal, but I don't see anyone like Dallas that could swing things.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:what:

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Ok. Raise you hand if you read the whole original post.
Anyone......
Anyone.....

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree

Thank you. I expect them to get at least 10 wins. They upgraded their defense and got a gigantic target in Diggs to throw to, in a division without Tom Tom.