• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The only Scenario that fixes everything

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincinnati Bengals beat the Baltimore Ravens
Kansas City Chiefs beat the Las Vegas Raiders
Buffalo Bills lose to the New England Patriots

1. Cincinnati wins the division outright and no coin toss is needed.
2. Kansas City outright wins the #1 seed with no need for neutral location.
3. Cincinnati obtains the #2 seed with tiebreaker against Buffalo. This would potentially setup a Divisional Round showdown with Buffalo IN Cincinnati in a rematch of Monday Night football that everyone so highly anticipated.
4. Neither Cincinnati nor Buffalo have to play the exact same division opponent in back to back weeks.

Everyone should be hoping like hell for this scenario, especially the NFL executive brass.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3. Cincinnati obtains the #2 seed with tiebreaker against Buffalo. This would potentially setup a Divisional Round showdown with Buffalo IN Cincinnati in a rematch of Monday Night football that everyone so highly anticipated.
4. Neither Cincinnati nor Buffalo have to play the exact same division opponent in back to back weeks.

Everyone should be hoping like hell for this scenario, especially the NFL executive brass.

would the bengals have the tie breaker with the bills??

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you came off the ledge yesterday.
I am at terms with it. Nothing I can do. I just stating what fixes everything as far as the far fetched nutty ass decisions the Commissioners office is making.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am at terms with it. Nothing I can do. I just stating what fixes everything as far as the far fetched nutty ass decisions the Commissioners office is making.

but wouldnt it be "cleaner" if either the bengals or bills tie their games?? sure that would mean bills have the #2 seed and not the bengals(which is your true purpose of this thread), but that shouldnt matter if you want this as clean as possible...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the Commissioner works for the shield. Lesser evil decision, not shocking at all.

Jerry got pissed and tried to dust this guy. No support.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but wouldnt it be "cleaner" if either the bengals or bills tie their games?? sure that would mean bills have the #2 seed and not the bengals(which is your true purpose of this thread), but that shouldnt matter if you want this as clean as possible...
Doesn't fix the game that never occurred on Monday night. Only way to cure that is to replay it, the only way to replay at this point is in the playoffs with the Bengals getting home field. Only the Bengals and Bills are going to be judged equally as they are both lacking a game.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the better fix is Raiders over the Chiefs, Bills over the Pats, Bengals over the Ravens. That way the seedings stay the same that they were before Week 16 got fucked up. The OPs interpretation of what’s just assumes that his team wins a game that didn’t even make it to the end of the 1Q

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the better fix is Raiders over the Chiefs, Bills over the Pats, Bengals over the Ravens. That way the seedings stay the same that they were before Week 16 got fucked up. The OPs interpretation of what’s just assumes that his team wins a game that didn’t even make it to the end of the 1Q
No. I am talking about the rematch of these two teams IN Cicinnnati that was anticipated and didn't get to happen. The only way this game gets replayed now in the same way is if the above occurs. I am not assuming the Bengals would have won that game dude. I am wanting to see the rematch as it was meant to be played previously.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I am talking about the rematch of these two teams IN Cicinnnati that was anticipated and didn't get to happen. The only way this game gets replayed now in the same way is if the above occurs. I am not assuming the Bengals would have won that game dude. I am wanting to see the rematch as it was meant to be played previously.
Why is that more important than equitable seeding based on a regular season that spans 4 and a half months?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's great and all but there is no way the Bills lose to the Pats on Sunday and I'm a Pats fan

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is that more important than equitable seeding based on a regular season that spans 4 and a half months?
The results still occur. It isn't like I am making unattainable scenarios up. Three games go down like this, equitable seeding occurs.

The Chiefs get the #1 seed.
The Bills and Bengals wound up with one less game than everyone else, so they are tied with each other, not affecting the Chiefs. Therefore it comes down to NORMAL tiebreakers. In this case, it just happens to belong to Cincinnati. No neutral sites needed. Normal tie breakers occur. The rematch can occur in Cincinnati. This is the best case scenario for the league at this point.

If the Chiefs win. The Bengals had no shot at #1 seed.

But the Bengals had a chance to get #2 seed with beating Buffalo. Not saying they would have won, but there was a chance. Now, they got that opportunity to host the Bills if the Bengals and Bills can both win the opening round of the playoffs, the rematch gets to occur.

So yes, this is the best case scenario for the league, because NOT ONE SINGLE EXCEPTION has to be made. Not one.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Does it though? What if the game were to have been played and the Bills beat the Bengals. Then the Bills would have HFA over Cincy regardless of this week's outcomes wouldn't they? In your scenario you give it to Cincy.

I know I'm a broken record on this but just follow the rule. Skip the game and use winning % to figure everything out. It's so amazingly simple and it has just been made so complicated by everyone trying to outsmart themselves and worry about fixing something that doesn't need to be fixed.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's great and all but there is no way the Bills lose to the Pats on Sunday and I'm a Pats fan
Reverse psychology...I got ya. I will let you have it.

If the Pats go out there and start hitting the hell out of the Bills offense from the first snap, and all the emotions of the week, ups and downs, you can maybe take them out of their game.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kicking And Screaming Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Skip Bayless got dragged for stating the obvious. There's absolutely no fair way to determine the AFC playoff seeding without the results of that Cin/Buf game.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that if the Bengals and Bills are one and done in the playoffs, all will be better off!

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it though? What if the game were to have been played and the Bills beat the Bengals. Then the Bills would have HFA over Cincy regardless of this week's outcomes wouldn't they? In your scenario you give it to Cincy.

I know I'm a broken record on this but just follow the rule. Skip the game and use winning % to figure everything out. It's so amazingly simple and it has just been made so complicated by everyone trying to outsmart themselves and worry about fixing something that doesn't need to be fixed.
You are completely misunderstanding the point of this.

With this scenario, there are zero needs for ANY of the new stipulations that the league is putting in play to make things more "fair". None.

There is no tie breaker between Bills and Chiefs making them play in a neutral site in the Championship game.

So by Bills winning, this muddies the water, and forces one of these new made up rules for this year. If the Chiefs loss and the Bills win, it still causes the exact same scenario. You can't get around it, except this way.

Plus, this makes up that game that never finished that Cincinnati got hosed out of. They played 9 games on the road this year, 7 at home, and lost revenue for this game because they refunded all their fans their money back after this event.

The Bengals are a small market team, with no billion dollar business backing the owners outside the team itself. This franchise was purchased for like $10 million dollars with business professional backgrounds, not tech giants and superstore pockets. By hosting this game, you get a rematch that everyone wants, back in Cincinnati.

The Bengals are on the line for Burrow, Higgins, Pratt and Wilson after this year. With the way salaries have increased, and no major pockets backing this process and how the NFL forces teams to invest 100% of guaranteed money into an account that is not accessible for the player.

The Bengals don't have $400 million for guarantees to guys they have to pay up front without getting their 8th game back. This allows them that opportunity IF it goes down like this, and allows them to recoup some lost profits.

I didn't say the league should FIX the games, I said this is the ideal scenario for the league to prevent them from having to use any of their wacky ass made up rules.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The obvious solution was just to use win percentage and move past the cancelled game. Yes, that fucks over several teams that had control of their own destiny. Yes, that (probably) helps KC gain an advantage they didn't control. But, after this week, it wouldn't be discussed nearly as much. Now, we'll be talking about potential coin-flips for the next several weeks. No reason to keep this stuff in the news this long. The simple and clean solution wasn't perfect, but it's better than the complex, biased version of a new rule that they came up with.