• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The offseason stuff thread

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we’re over it lol. I think its a reporter trying to find an angle and failing.

Makes me miss jason botchford :pout:

That’s fair, I should have said ‘attempting to pander’.

I wasn’t looking to take a shot at BC fans. I had a blast catching the Sharks game up there last year around St Patty’s Day. Really fun fans.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone 'splain how the Sharks signed Labanc for $1M?

I get its a one year contract, but that is insanely low for a guy who got 56 points last year.

/mattola'd

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be generous and say Marner scored twice as many points. That makes him out to be a $2M AAV, no?

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised with the term. I like LeBanc’s confidence to bet on himself (Sharks will have more cap space next offseason) but I am shocked at the AAV. I thought he would be closer to 2.5 to 3.5.

Hopefully he has another solid year and cashes in this time next year.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised with the term. I like LeBanc’s confidence to bet on himself (Sharks will have more cap space next offseason) but I am shocked at the AAV. I thought he would be closer to 2.5 to 3.5.

Hopefully he has another solid year and cashes in this time next year.
The Sharks get Labanc and Timo at a discount.

The Leafs are trying to talk a player of Timo's calibre down from $15 million a year.

The NHL is so fucking dumb.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the cali taxes and cost of living in the bay area eating up that paltry salary, lebanc may have to live in one of brent burns vacant snake cages

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Leafs are trying to talk a player of Timo's calibre down from $15 million a year.

JadedDeterminedIndianrockpython-size_restricted.gif

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know, an astute GM could have come in with an offer sheet for LaBanc around 4.2 shmill AAV and all it would have cost would have been a 2nd round pick. It's too bad that Bergevin didn't try this because then we could have referred to Kevin as LaBanc of Montreal.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's quite the bargain for Labanc. I would have given 3 or 4 times as much money.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, an astute GM could have come in with an offer sheet for LaBanc around 4.2 shmill AAV and all it would have cost would have been a 2nd round pick. It's too bad that Bergevin didn't try this because then we could have referred to Kevin as LaBanc of Montreal.

I heard somewhere that LeBanc wasn’t contacted by any other teams before he signed. Assuming he was open to an offer sheet, a GM could have offered and forced San Jose to choose between him and other pieces on their roster. Could have put DWs testicles in a vice.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I heard somewhere that LeBanc wasn’t contacted by any other teams before he signed. Assuming he was open to an offer sheet, a GM could have offered and forced San Jose to choose between him and other pieces on their roster. Could have put DWs testicles in a vice.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Considering he signed for such a small number, he might just want to stay in san jose and wouldnt have signed an offer sheet if it was put in front of him :noidea:

What does the cba say about handshake agreements ? :tinfoil3:

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3