• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The offseason stuff thread

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canes should have let aho walk and offer sheeted marner ... now thats fun :thumb:

giphy.gif

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Carolina's statement only says that they will match the offer sheet "within the timeframe allowed by the League’s Collective Bargaining Agreement".

So I think they're going to handcuff the Habs by making them wait the full 7 days purely out of spite and the Habs can't do shit with regards to another OS during that span because their picks are still technically committed.

Bravo, Waddell.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Canes do indeed wait the full time allotted and then have a mix up when faxing it into the league and it doesn’t arrive on time thereby making the Habs offer valid.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Carolina's statement only says that they will match the offer sheet "within the timeframe allowed by the League’s Collective Bargaining Agreement".

So I think they're going to handcuff the Habs by making them wait the full 7 days purely out of spite and the Habs can't do shit with regards to another OS during that span because their picks are still technically committed.

Bravo, Waddell.

It's only prudent to wait, spitefulness aside. Imagine they match today and Aho goes out celebrating and is filmed putting out a cigar right next to the line of coke that is resting on the titties of the unconscious stripper we was just filmed pistol whipping with a TEC-9 semi-automatic handgun that has the serial numbers clearly filed off. What then? Coulda been the Habs problem.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only prudent to wait, spitefulness aside. Imagine they match today and Aho goes out celebrating and is filmed putting out a cigar right next to the line of coke that is resting on the titties of the unconscious stripper we was just filmed pistol whipping with a TEC-9 semi-automatic handgun that has the serial numbers clearly filed off. What then? Coulda been the Habs problem.
I think in Carolina the fans would say "Hey, he's just like us!".

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if the Oilers used this in their free agent video package they might get somewhere. I’d sign up for that in a heartbeat even in Edmonton.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TB's got over $13 mil in space once Callahan is LTIR'd. There's no shot they don't match for that price.

But I do hope Bergevin continues to strike out on centres. It's highly amusing.

Ah shit. I keep forgetting about Cally.

I hope the Canes do indeed wait the full time allotted and then have a mix up when faxing it into the league and it doesn’t arrive on time thereby making the Habs offer valid.

A two year battle in courts could be fun!

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharks bringing in the big meanies.
I'd still look to sign Ben Chariot and trade for Ross Johnson from the NYI

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the offer sheet, the offer, and I am fine with the 'Canes matching it. I think the fact the Habs were better than expected might have sped up their rebuild time frame and I was OK with Aho because of his age; but they also have a number of prospects I'd like to see playing significant time next season.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the offer sheet, the offer, and I am fine with the 'Canes matching it. I think the fact the Habs were better than expected might have sped up their rebuild time frame and I was OK with Aho because of his age; but they also have a number of prospects I'd like to see playing significant time next season.

Who are you and what have you done with the real comeds?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are you and what have you done with the real comeds?

Must be a co-worker that hacked @Comeds laptop while they were in the HR office (again)

Just being honest, if you think that makes me seem "high" or think this is some sort of a mountebank; that's on you.

And Jenkins, from materials management, has been on administrative leave since "he" illegally downloaded all 8 seasons of Charmed onto his work PC.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big move for Toronto yesterday in getting Barrie. They solved a need their team had in getting him.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WTF is he saying? That Analytics made someone be stupid enough to give Tanev 6 years? Or the critics using analytics to show what a bad deal it is don't know anything because "eye test"?