• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The offseason stuff thread

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take basically every goalie signed yesterday over Koskinen.
So true...I guess that's why they signed Mike Smith.

But Edmonton is in trouble and I would love to know where they are going to find a 20 goal scorer now?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But Edmonton is in trouble and I would love to know where they are going to find a 20 goal scorer now?

Lucic is a 20 goal scorer...or he will be when he pots his 4th this upcoming season to combine with the 16 he has over the last two seasons. I'm thinking January 2020 for this momentous occasion.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think a problem they have is that a lot of the teams who have (or had) to move stuff are either in their own division (Calgary/Vegas/Colorado) or are selling all of their junk (NYR).

But you're telling me they couldn't have put together a bit more and made a trade like Toronto made with the Avs yesterday centered around RNH instead of Kadri? I know he's not signed for as long but still. Getting Barrie and Kerfoot back solves a lot of problems for that team and allows them to move one of Nurse/Klef/Larsson for a winger.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By my count, if the Leafs do indeed keep Ceci at $4.5m, Marner signs for around what Aho got on his OS ($8.5m) and Kerfoot comes in around $3m, that leaves the Leafs another $1.5 mil to grab a depth guy or two.

Rebuilding half your defence and pretty much the entire bottom six in two days is some great work. Well done Dubas.

I don't think Dreger knows what he's talking about. I doubt the Leafs keep Ceci. Change of scenery and everything aside Ceci has been pretty damn bad for a few years now. We're talking about a guy who coughed up the puck to a player with no stick. Sure his usage was beyond questionable (kind of like Zaitsev) but he just does not think the game quick enough. I wish him the best but I don't think it will be with the Leafs. Not if Dubas has a brain. There are many better, cheaper options.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colorado is going to be a handful to play against, that's for sure - I'm just glad they are no longer in the same division as Calgary.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Dreger knows what he's talking about. I doubt the Leafs keep Ceci. Change of scenery and everything aside Ceci has been pretty damn bad for a few years now. We're talking about a guy who coughed up the puck to a player with no stick. Sure his usage was beyond questionable (kind of like Zaitsev) but he just does not think the game quick enough. I wish him the best but I don't think it will be with the Leafs. Not if Dubas has a brain. There are many better, cheaper options.

Yeah I honestly have no idea how it all plays out from here on in. I guess my best-hope was he elects for arb and the Leafs pass on the award and move on but for Ceci that seemed pretty obvious so he was best off taking the QO?

Regardless I'm not expecting anything from him. If he does stay maybe skating alongside Rielly or Muzzin would help stabilize him a bit.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Marc, to steal a line from Steely Dan, You go back, Jack, do it again...

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Marc goes back to plan 'A' and submits an offer sheet for Brayden Point? Tampa Bay likely matches, but they would have to move out some salary to do so.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I honestly have no idea how it all plays out from here on in. I guess my best-hope was he elects for arb and the Leafs pass on the award and move on but for Ceci that seemed pretty obvious so he was best off taking the QO?

Regardless I'm not expecting anything from him. If he does stay maybe skating alongside Rielly or Muzzin would help stabilize him a bit.

Could be. Boucher was truly idiotic in his usage of Ceci as a shutdown D playing the top comp. Maybe Dubas and company made note of Ceci playing much better once Boucher was let go. I don't think it was 4.5 mil better but maybe they see some upside there. And RD are so sought after. Maybe they think they can turn him around.

But brother, if you didn't like watching Zaitsev you better buckle up. He looks like Lidsdtrom compared to Ceci.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Marc goes back to plan 'A' and submits an offer sheet for Brayden Point? Tampa Bay likely matches, but they would have to move out some salary to do so.

Still the same old issue of everyone but Kucherov on NTC/NMC deals.

I don't think TB matches. 7m in space and Erne and Paquette (in addition to Point) to sign. Bergy drops the exact same deal on Point and there is no way TB can do anything.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be. Boucher was truly idiotic in his usage of Ceci as a shutdown D playing the top comp. Maybe Dubas and company made note of Ceci playing much better once Boucher was let go. I don't think it was 4.5 mil better but maybe they see some upside there. And RD are so sought after. Maybe they think they can turn him around.

But brother, if you didn't like watching Zaitsev you better buckle up. He looks like Lidsdtrom compared to Ceci.
Z is ok. The guy just has no freakin idea what to do with the puck when he gets it and he must've set a record for icings last year as a result. Fix that and he's not that bad. Not someone I want at $4.5 mil/yr for another 5 years but certainly not someone who's going to utterly fuck up the entire system.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still the same old issue of everyone but Kucherov on NTC/NMC deals.

I don't think TB matches. 7m in space and Erne and Paquette (in addition to Point) to sign. Bergy drops the exact same deal on Point and there is no way TB can do anything.
TB's got over $13 mil in space once Callahan is LTIR'd. There's no shot they don't match for that price.

But I do hope Bergevin continues to strike out on centres. It's highly amusing.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Canes should have let aho walk and offer sheeted marner ... now thats fun :thumb: