• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL STEELERS BS THREAD..PART6

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi Steel bye Steel. Blue all I have planned for today is beer!

Sounds like a mighty fine idea MS!!
beerfunnel.gif

Steelerin MS

Seriously?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually need to go to the lodge and button up some last minute Mardi Gras Ball arrangements. The Ball next weekend, then the parade the next weekend, then I am done. I believe I am handing this event over to someone else. Then I crank up for Junior Fishing Rodeo, they will carry me out dead for that event. LOL

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually need to go to the lodge and button up some last minute Mardi Gras Ball arrangements. The Ball next weekend, then the parade the next weekend, then I am done. I believe I am handing this event over to someone else. Then I crank up for Junior Fishing Rodeo, they will carry me out dead for that event. LOL

"Junior Fishing Rodeo"..whats that about?
fishing.gif

Steelerin MS

Seriously?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Junior Fishing Rodeo"..whats that about?
fishing.gif

We put on a free day of fishing for kids 3 - 14. Normally have about 125 kids. We provide bait (fresh shrmp), food, entertainment (fire dept demos etc), and hand out around $1500 to $2000 worth of rods reel combos, and tackle boxes. They fish from 7am to 12pm, bring us their 3 biggest fish, we weigh and measure the (make a big deal of it) and the kids have a blast. Takes us about 6 months to prepare, it's a really big deal down here and it gets bigger every year. Gives you a feeling of accomplishment getting them out of the house for a day.

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We put on a free day of fishing for kids 3 - 14. Normally have about 125 kids. We provide bait (fresh shrmp), food, entertainment (fire dept demos etc), and hand out around $1500 to $2000 worth of rods reel combos, and tackle boxes. They fish from 7am to 12pm, bring us their 3 biggest fish, we weigh and measure the (make a big deal of it) and the kids have a blast. Takes us about 6 months to prepare, it's a really big deal down here and it gets bigger every year. Gives you a feeling of accomplishment getting them out of the house for a day.

Amen to that! We have something like that here at JacobsonPark,they do it every summer for the kids.A local radio station covers it and they provide t-shirts,food,craft's etc...good stuff for the kids.

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops! and they have a little fishin turney as well.:)I remember taking my nephew yr's ago and all he cought was a turtle! lol But he had a blast and so did i. Good fun!
cap.gif

Steelerin MS

Seriously?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am proud to be the chairman of this event and won't give it up. We have local officials hand out the awards. I even talked a U.S. congressman into for awhile after that he wouldn't stop calling me to do it. LOL He had a blast!

Steelerin MS

Seriously?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops! and they have a little fishin turney as well.:)I remember taking my nephew yr's ago and all he cought was a turtle! lol But he had a blast and so did i. Good fun!
cap.gif

We don't care if they catch anything at all, if they registered, their name goes in the bucket and is drawn for a prize.

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am proud to be the chairman of this event and won't give it up. We have local officials hand out the awards. I even talked a U.S. congressman into for awhile after that he wouldn't stop calling me to do it. LOL He had a blast!

So hows the weather looking ur way?:ear: It's 30 here and going to get up to almost 50!! HEAT WAVE!!!!!!!!!:pound:

Status
Not open for further replies.