• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL STEELERS BS THREAD..PART4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelersrie

Go Lil E #88
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I may ask, why spend that much for a desktop replacement size machine that's a few steps under real performance, when for $200-$300 more you can get a real beast of a desktop replacemnt?

I have a nice desktop with lots of speed and power, I want the same in a laptop to be able to handle my media demands. I take pics as a hobby and I need speed and space. I want a TB of harddrive, but that's another $500.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a nice desktop with lots of speed and power, I want the same in a laptop to be able to handle my media demands. I take pics as a hobby and I need speed and space. I want a TB of harddrive, but that's another $500.
Don't worry about it.

2 weeks after you buy a computer it's "obsolete" anyway.
Get what you need "right here for right now".

Steelersrie

Go Lil E #88
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIE think acer much cheaper ..

I have a few friends with Acers, yea they cost a helluva lot less, but I read reviews, talked with friends that HAD them and no longer do, which helped me decide that I would rather invest in an HP that'll last me a few years. That, and I'm a walking advertiser for HP, love every piece of equipment I've ever bought from them.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What I'm saying is, for example, you can get

17" full 1080 screen
i7 (2 more processing cores than i5)
8GB RAM
faster clock, and 3GB GFX card (unless you are set on radeon for some reason)
BluRay Drive
swap in a 128 GB SSD primary
put in a 1 TB secondary data drive (these last 2 things you do yourself, not ordered that way)

for $1100 or so net total if you monitor dell coupon codes on slickdeals or other similar sites

:thrasher:

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2882397_sb.jpg

this is the one we got

Acer - Aspire Laptop / Intel® Pentium® Processor / 17.3" Display / 4GB Memory / 320GB Hard Drive

Steelersrie

Go Lil E #88
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I havent had any problems with the acer ... I like it it does what I need it to do

I haven't ordered it yet, I'll pick your brain on the subject a lil more before I do anything.

Thanks LOC, the one thing I've learned over the last 6 months as I've been searching for my laptop was for the money, I get more bang for my buck with HP over Dell. It's the Acer that has comparable speed and storage that is less. It's also the Acer that I've heard the most complaints about from friends. Mom loves her Dell desktop, but again, they be costly...

I haven't done anything yet, now that I got y'all giving me input, I'll keep looking.

Thanks bunches y'all :grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.