• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The official No-call thread

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
This thread was bound to happen, so we might as well make it officiall.

At this point, I only have one thing to say about it: I hope when they interview Jim that he doesn't complain about it. Why? Because the entire world is going to do it for him.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Crabtree being held and on the safety there was a hold coming up the middle

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To bad you can't really protest it. The NFL could never get away with claiming it was a judgement call. The ball was in the air for a long time with a defender having a handful of jersey. The only reason Crabtree even got turned around to reach for the ball was by pushing off. The sad part is this all happened right in front of the official. How he did not see it is beyond me. I guess he was watching the play and never realized the ball was in the air because of how quickly Kaep had to throw it.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The officiating crew had the second worst game of anybody on the field, first place goes to our secondary.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I don't know what play will be more haunting: Craig fumbling against the Giants in the '90 / '91 NFC Championship game or this one.

:mad2:

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stupid black goblin :(

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The refs saw it, they just were not going to call it. Like every other fucking time in this game. Holding on the KR and the safety. Joke. The refs wanted more money from the NFL. I say we take it back from them. Horrid horrid horrid.

klopstop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Phil Simms is an idiot for repeatedly saying good no call. Jim Nantz replied with the ball was snapped at the five and Crabs was held two yards into the endzone! Total BS IMO

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It was a bad call, but the play call was worse....even with no hold there's probably a 10% chance that fade works. It was almost like the play was designed to draw a holding flag, because he chucked it up so quickly and blindly, just a stupid ass play all around.

I just hate complaining about officiating, it shouldn't have come down to that and it wasn't the deciding factor.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Crabtree being held and on the safety there was a hold coming up the middle

Holding in the endzone is.....a safety. The Ravens knew this - they were flat out tackling the rushers. Flag or no flag didn't make a difference, the only thing that mattered was preventing the Niners from making the tackle for as long as possible and using every second they could.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It was a hold but I hate the fade route too. Poor chance for a score.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It was a bad call, but the play call was worse....even with no hold there's probably a 10% chance that fade works. It was almost like the play was designed to draw a holding flag, because he chucked it up so quickly and blindly, just a stupid ass play all around.

I just hate complaining about officiating, it shouldn't have come down to that and it wasn't the deciding factor.

Ohh but it was. Even with all the dumb mistakes the niners made, we were there in the fourth on the 7 yard line. And Crabs got man handled like no other. Should have been 1st and goal from the 1. We win. It WAS what decided that game.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Holding in the endzone is.....a safety. The Ravens knew this - they were flat out tackling the rushers. Flag or no flag didn't make a difference, the only thing that mattered was preventing the Niners from making the tackle for as long as possible and using every second they could.

and that is huge. More time on the clock. Maybe get a play off after the punt

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And Crabs got man handled like no other. Should have been 1st and goal from the 1. We win. It WAS what decided that game.

Refs are going to be *extremely* hesitant to make any call in that situation, you have to count on them allowing a lot of contact. It was a bad call, but you can expect that kind of thing in that kind of situation, IMO.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
and that is huge. More time on the clock. Maybe get a play off after the punt

You don't seem to understand, its not like the play would have been blown dead. Throwing a flag would not have made one bit of difference there.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Refs are going to be *extremely* hesitant to make any call in that situation, you have to count on them allowing a lot of contact. It was a bad call, but you can expect that kind of thing in that kind of situation, IMO.

No ticky tacky calls they let go. Mugging a guy should never be let go. You don't just let the defenders hold a WR so they can't make a play because there is a little more than a minute to go. You call that. Ticky tacky calls I can see. That.... was not ticky tacky.