• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Team Europe vs. Team NA last night and I know I recently argued that Gee was better than Connor McDavid. As I watched last night I saw this kid who is going to be a huge stud in this league.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our training camp and preseason are going to be very interesting with about 40% of our regular squad participating in the World Cup or injured (Gudas). The young guys that are really serious about trying to make the Flyers out of camp are going to have more of a shot to do it than they normally ever would.

I'm assuming that at least 5 of our 8 preseason games will be played without the likes of Giroux, Voracek, Couturier, PEB, Ghost, Streit, Gudas and Neuvy. That leaves holes all over the place for guys like Provorov and Konecny to really showcase what they have in an all out attempt to make the team. They will probably be playing on what is left of our 1st or 2nd lines/pairings too. Even someone like Stolarz should get a lot more chances to prove he belongs in front of an Nhl net.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our training camp and preseason are going to be very interesting with about 40% of our regular squad participating in the World Cup or injured (Gudas). The young guys that are really serious about trying to make the Flyers out of camp are going to have more of a shot to do it than they normally ever would.

I'm assuming that at least 5 of our 8 preseason games will be played without the likes of Giroux, Voracek, Couturier, PEB, Ghost, Streit, Gudas and Neuvy. That leaves holes all over the place for guys like Provorov and Konecny to really showcase what they have in an all out attempt to make the team. They will probably be playing on what is left of our 1st or 2nd lines/pairings too. Even someone like Stolarz should get a lot more chances to prove he belongs in front of an Nhl net.
Guys like Cousins and Laughton are going to be tested as the top 2 centers on the team.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys like Cousins and Laughton are going to be tested as the top 2 centers on the team.

I would say that they both still have a lot to prove too or either one of them could easily lose their roster spot to Konecny or someone that was originally projected to make the Ahl squad.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even if there's a bit of uncertainty with our Flyers for this coming season, I think we're all in agreement that our Phantoms are going to light up their league, quite frankly.

We picked up Brennan and Miele, who were both top six in Ahl scoring last season. Added Will O'Neill, who was 3rd in scoring among defensemen. Greg Carey too, who had 26 goals (11th in Ahl) with Springfield.

The top six Phantom goal scorers from last season remain (Leier, Martel, Straka, Conner, McDonald and Bardreau).

You can possibly add the likes of Sanheim, Fazleev, Lyubimov, Wilcox and Aube-Kubel as well.

Expect Stolarz and Lyon (who was a brick wall for Yale the last two seasons) to split time in net. No more LaBarbera, who went 3.02 gaa and .899 sv% in 23 games for the Phantoms last season.

So, likely some combo of Sanheim, Brennan, Morin, Hagg, Alt, AMac, Wilcox and Pettersson on defense.

The offense will be perhaps even more absurd with all of the new players coming in, including this guy Weal, who had 69 points for Manchester in his last Ahl season.

Unreal stuff there and yes it took me forever to compile all of this info.

Last edited:

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interested to see where Lyubimov slots in. We are usually on point with Euro FA's. Raffl and Bellemare have stuck. Medvedev was in and out of the lineup. Pyorala was dead by November. Decent track record. Could be a nice bottom 6 addition with Weise

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
icon_arrow.gif

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I made an ESPN fantasy league for this board and made a thread. I just need you guys to join up. I don't know that we can get the full 20, but 16 would still work.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3