• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
b07c899ab49e57c00ec2f6bfec731cd0.jpg

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2016-2017 Super Schedule

Not sure if any of you have seen this, but it's always interesting to look at, especially for me.

We have a whopping 18 back to back scenarios this coming season, which is behind only Buffalo and Columbus. Teams like Pittsburgh, Ottawa, Chicago and St. Louis appear to have been given a bit of a break in comparison.

We're going to need to rely on our youth and depth, for sure.

And also, these next five to six weeks are going to last a fucking eternity. October 14th is such a late start to the season for us.
If I recall correctly we were in the top three in back to backs last season.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I recall correctly we were in the top three in back to backs last season.

According to that chart, we were tied for 8th in back to backs last season with several other teams and tied for 12th the season before.

Buffalo, Columbus and Toronto appear to be the three teams that usually get the worst of these scenarios. It's interesting that they were also the worst three teams in our conference last season...Lol

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes some sense that teams in the NY/Philly/Washington area end up with lots of back to backs. I think on some level it makes up for traveling almost half as much as some of the teams in the west.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, to try and help gain some much needed knowledge on this fine sport, I'm joining a hockey fantasy league.
Anyone got some tips to share????

I already know to try not to be too much of a homer, learned that my first year of fantasy football several years ago.....lol

Any tips would be appreciated.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pay close attention to the settings and categories of stats that are counted in the league. If there's a live draft, do everything you can to be there for it. You'll have a leg up on everyone who is auto-drafting.

If your draft doesn't go well, it's not the end of the world. There are quality players left in free agency in every single fantasy league. Some may be rookies that have yet to even emerge.

Injuries change everything too, so it's important to keep tabs on them leaguewide. I also try not to draft players who often get injured. I like to keep track of depth charts on websites like rotoworld when necessary too.

If two guys are similar statistically, you take the one that is on a higher line or playing with better linemates and/or on a better team. You can also factor in power play time or overall ice time.

If faceoffs count, players that are taking them like a center but listed as a winger are extra valuable.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully there's a restriction on transactions per week also. I hate when some asshole beats you because he was swapping out his entire team every other day. That's just not right, even if it can technically be legal.

Last season we had a cap of 14 and I used every bit of mine in the finals. It wasn't enough against FlyerFinFan. I think I did well though for taking over a team a few weeks into the season and just molding it slowly into my own.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, to try and help gain some much needed knowledge on this fine sport, I'm joining a hockey fantasy league.
Anyone got some tips to share????

I already know to try not to be too much of a homer, learned that my first year of fantasy football several years ago.....lol

Any tips would be appreciated.
Make sure you read the rules before the draft. Different leagues have different rules.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make sure you read the rules before the draft. Different leagues have different rules.

We should be getting our league together here. Maybe we can get 15 or 20 managers this time around. There are definitely enough of us for that. The more, the merrier...truly.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should be getting our league together here. Maybe we can get 15 or 20 managers this time around. There are definitely enough of us for that. The more, the merrier...truly.
If its possible I think it could've been fun to do a mini fantasy league for the world cup.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If its possible I think it could've been fun to do a mini fantasy league for the world cup.

Perhaps, but I'm thinking that's not possible...Lol

Where is CobieMonster? We need that league to get on track now or we'll have the same problem we did last season. Not enough players.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would of asked if y'all did a league, but I don't have enough experience of our knowledge to set one up. I set one up for football every year for the hoop, but I just don't have enough of the knowledge to do one for hockey as of yet. I'll happily join, it's the only way I'll get the know how. But it'll take me a few years to set one up.

Thanks for ask the advise guys. I'll be hooking up with one tonight, it's definitely a whole different monster than football so I'll use this as my measuring stick to where I need to be next year.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this is something different.....

You pick a player for your draft and then have to bid on him, and ultimately you may not end up with the player you pick. Definitely a new twist in the drafting game for myself. And a $200 cap.....this is going to be interesting.
First year, bench Mark year. Then I work on improving the next year. I'll post my draft results when I finish, draft is early this evening.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's been the team to look out for from the very beginning for me. Ridiculous youth and speed, but still high end skill at every position. I mean Murray just won the Cup and now he pitches a shutout in the first game? This team should be able to hang with anyone.

I will root for USA all the way, but would also be very pleased if North America somehow pulls it out.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ghost didn't have a point, but he was the least used defender and I did see video replay of him clanking one off the iron behind Halak.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this is something different.....

You pick a player for your draft and then have to bid on him, and ultimately you may not end up with the player you pick. Definitely a new twist in the drafting game for myself. And a $200 cap.....this is going to be interesting.
First year, bench Mark year. Then I work on improving the next year. I'll post my draft results when I finish, draft is early this evening.

Ah, I don't like that at all. For hockey!? That just seems like it is too complex and would take too long.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, I don't like that at all. For hockey!? That just seems like it is too complex and would take too long.

I thought it was kind of odd myself....
I asked them to postpone the draft, which they did for a couple days.
Thought maybe I would gain me a bit of knowledge from the World Cup and find out a bit more about this bid draft thing. IDK, the whole thing seems odd to me.......