• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its great that we are restocking for the future but what about the guys we have now like Gee, Voracek and Simmonds. Don't they deserve a chance at winning a cup before they are too old. Unless he is planning on signing some free agents or make a trade we will be middle of the road for the next 3 to 4 years .

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These trades seem to be to our liking I don't know if the other teams will go for it but I like them its worth a shot.

Lol I know it's probably not realistic, but after seeing Detroit absolutely fleece Arizona at the draft, perhaps anything is possible. They got a 2nd round pick, Joe Vitale and unloaded $7.5 million in dead weight cap space all just to let the Yotes pick 16th instead of 20th.

To me, it's one of the most lopsided trades I've ever seen.

In fact, we made roughly the same move with our 18th pick and all we were able to do was upgrade a 3rd rounder to a 2nd. They acquired a whole new pick, a player and unloaded a ton of dead cap weight.

Unreal.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol I know it's probably not realistic, but after seeing Detroit absolutely fleece Arizona at the draft, perhaps anything is possible. They got a 2nd round pick, Joe Vitale and unloaded $7.5 million in dead weight cap space all just to let the Yotes pick 16th instead of 20th.

In fact, we made roughly the same move with our 18th pick and all we were able to do was upgrade a 3rd rounder to a 2nd. They acquired a whole new pick, a player and unloaded a ton of dead cap weight.

Unreal.
I thought we did pretty good in trading but I really wanted someone who would be helping sooner rather than later.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unreal.

The cap space doesn't matter to the Yotes. It's actually a great contract for them. Zero real dollars for $7.5 million on the cap. It's perfect for them. Vitale is essentially worthless, my guess is the Yotes didn't want to increase the number of contracts they had, so they had to move someone back to Detroit. So in essence, you have The Yotes trading a 2nd rounder to move from #20 to #16, which isn't that far off.

It was just a situation where the trade made a lot of sense for both teams. Since we can relate far more to Detroit's situation, it looks like a fleecing, but the Yotes improved their lot as well.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lindros going to the Hall of Fame. I bet we see 88 officially retired soon

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of teams looking at all the free agents. Do you think we land one?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. the funds are just not there unless Streit/AMac/Read are moved.
So we are basically going into this season with the same team as last season and should expect similar results. Hoping to the last minute to make the playoffs play a bigger or faster team and get bounced in 5 if we get lucky.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we are basically going into this season with the same team as last season and should expect similar results. Hoping to the last minute to make the playoffs play a bigger or faster team and get bounced in 5 if we get lucky.
its a process to get out of these bad contracts and build the team the right way

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cap space doesn't matter to the Yotes. It's actually a great contract for them. Zero real dollars for $7.5 million on the cap. It's perfect for them. Vitale is essentially worthless, my guess is the Yotes didn't want to increase the number of contracts they had, so they had to move someone back to Detroit. So in essence, you have The Yotes trading a 2nd rounder to move from #20 to #16, which isn't that far off.

It was just a situation where the trade made a lot of sense for both teams. Since we can relate far more to Detroit's situation, it looks like a fleecing, but the Yotes improved their lot as well.

Ah, I still think it's an absolute fleecing...Lol We made essentially the same trade, but only moved up to the 2nd round from the 3rd round. They acquired a brand new 2nd rounder and solved what was a major issue for them with the Datsyuk contract. Idk if Vitale is completely useless. He is cheap and could probably provide depth or play on the 4th line.

I see what you're saying, but they sure as hell gave the Wings a lot of breaks in the trade.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Holy pessimism, Batman!! I really don't think it's near that bad. Schenn, Simmonds and Couturier (despite injury) all had career years last season. Ghost nearly won the Calder and Provorov may do the same next season too. Neuvy really dazzled us all season long and especially in the playoffs. I mean, the guy went 20-9 altogether with some absurd stats. Unreal stuff.

All of that and the fact that Voracek should not score 11 goals again. That's half of what he normally does. Giroux had a down year for his standards too and will be much better. Plus, I think we'll have the cap space (and picks/prospects) to make moves at the deadline if we are safely in the playoffs at that stage.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy pessimism, Batman!! I really don't think it's near that bad. Schenn, Simmonds and Couturier (despite injury) all had career years last season. Ghost nearly won the Calder and Provorov may do the same next season too. Neuvy really dazzled us all season long and especially in the playoffs. I mean, the guy went 20-9 altogether with some absurd stats. Unreal stuff.

All of that and the fact that Voracek should not score 11 goals again. That's half of what he normally does. Giroux had a down year for his standards too and will be much better. Plus, I think we'll have the cap space (and picks/prospects) to make moves at the deadline if we are safely in the playoffs at that stage.
I hope all of this is true because putting the same team out again that doesn't have enough to have a chance win a cup is going to get old fast.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope all of this is true because putting the same team out again that doesn't have enough to have a chance win a cup is going to get old fast.

Well, shouldn't we at least expect that dressing Provorov over our worst defender from last season will be an improvement on defense? I can't wait to see another year of Ghost and what he can do offensively and Provorov could be right there with him.

I think you could argue that we would've taken down the Caps if either Couturier didn't get injured in game one or we had started Neuvy from the beginning. It's a little harsh to say we have zero chance at the Cup. I do think the Pens would've handled us, but you never know. We didn't get that chance, unfortunately.

We should be able to get a more favorable first round matchup this time around and do more with it. Which teams are seriously going to improve and pass us in the standings? I just don't see it.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, shouldn't we at least expect that dressing Provorov over our worst defender from last season will be an improvement on defense? I can't wait to see another year of Ghost and what he can do offensively and Provorov could be right there with him.

I think you could argue that we would've taken down the Caps if either Couturier didn't get injured in game one or we had started Neuvy from the beginning. It's a little harsh to say we have zero chance at the Cup. I do think the Pens would've handled us, but you never know. We didn't get that chance, unfortunately.

We should be able to get a more favorable first round matchup this time around and do more with it. Which teams are seriously going to improve and pass us in the standings? I just don't see it.

I just want to see hockey again. Its almost July and Im ready for the puck to drop.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Montreal improving and maybe passing us, but I could also see us passing teams like the Rangers and Islanders. Maybe the Lightning if they lose Stamkos. Tough to say there.

Either way, I think at least that third seed in our division is wide open and there for the taking.

Geez, there's a long way to go til the season starts. It's too early to already be missing it so badly...Lol

This is just a shitty time of year for sports. No hockey, football or basketball.