• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm truly as optimistic about this team as anyone deep down. You just get frustrated and need to vent when you have to witness a fiasco like we did Tuesday night. I said in my posts before though. We are a far better team than we showed on that night and Carolina did play a very solid game in their own right. When we put the hammer down, we are the better team, we just did not have our legs with us that one time.

However, it's all a part of what appears to be some extreme inconsistency with this team. We lost 7 of 10, won 10 in a row and then lost 12 of 15. Those stretches were back to back to back. I've been watching hockey for 20+ years and never seen anything like it, so it is rather unprecedented. That's what we're looking at right now.

Furthermore, I believe they said no team that won 10 in a row has ever missed the playoffs. That win streak proves to me that we are a good team and do we really want to be the first team ever with that distinction?

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...yes...his numbers were incredible last season and they are terrible this season...Lol

Only 4 goals compared to 17. He would've had only 28 points last season at his current pace. He had 46 instead. Then he's a -19 now compared to a +8 last season. The the point streaks also. He had points in 15 straight games last season and the best he can do now is 4.

They are not god awful, and last year he had a huge advantage.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I read your other post about people always getting negative when the Flyers lose. You should visit the Orange and Black fancave on FB, those fans are truly Philly all the way and eat their young.. I think if they ever got a hold of Mason he would be beat down lol.

That's probably one of the groups I left.....
Who knows. Everyone has shitty games, but some of these guys are just straight up fuckin nuts....
Trade G, fire Hakstol, everyone from Ghost to MDZ needs to go......and the shit talk on the Goalies.....wow.
I have read that this is the most stable the goal tending is in a while, but they are ready to sting the both of them up....:L

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm truly as optimistic about this team as anyone deep down. You just get frustrated and need to vent when you have to witness a fiasco like we did Tuesday night. I said in my posts before though. We are a far better team than we showed on that night and Carolina did play a very solid game in their own right. When we put the hammer down, we are the better team, we just did not have our legs with us that one time.

However, it's all a part of what appears to be some extreme inconsistency with this team. We lost 7 of 10, won 10 in a row and then lost 12 of 15. Those stretches were back to back to back. I've been watching hockey for 20+ years and never seen anything like it, so it is rather unprecedented. That's what we're looking at right now.

Furthermore, I believe they said no team that won 10 in a row has ever missed the playoffs. That win streak proves to me that we are a good team and do we really want to be the first team ever with that distinction?

:lol:, I hope you don't think I meant you as far as wanting to hang some of our guys.....I didn't.
I see and understand some of the frustration, we are a million times better than the team that was on the ice Tuesday, no doubt. It absolutely fuckin sucked to watch. These guys should of spent the last two days working their asses off to get back in game shape after that shit show of a performance!!!!

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I read your other post about people always getting negative when the Flyers lose. You should visit the Orange and Black fancave on FB, those fans are truly Philly all the way and eat their young.. I think if they ever got a hold of Mason he would be beat down lol.

I'm a member,and yes,a lot of comments are hilarious.
fire him,trade him,etc...very few positives

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sophomore slump is real.

Every team has its bad games. It's just frustrating that everyone can predict when it will happen to the Flyers... after every break guaranteed unless of course you bet your house on it!

They can't just bring up all of the young guys it just isn't smart but I would like to see Morin up. Maybe a spark but it's also a need right now. If they make the playoffs it's huge for experience. We know that they have it in them...

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sophomore slump is real.

Every team has its bad games. It's just frustrating that everyone can predict when it will happen to the Flyers... after every break guaranteed unless of course you bet your house on it!

They can't just bring up all of the young guys it just isn't smart but I would like to see Morin up. Maybe a spark but it's also a need right now. If they make the playoffs it's huge for experience. We know that they have it in them...

I agree but I would love to see a lot of them start getting some playing time, Maybe a couple at a time here and there just to get their feet wet and see how they do. Also the bolded part irritates me because it never used to be this way, teams want to play us now lol.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice maybe I'll run into you there sometime but I don't say much because as you said, wayyy to much negativity lol.

I actually had fun with 1 jackass that was ripping a new ahole into them after the Canes game.
I had to tell him about the positives-No offsides,no pucks over the glass,no pucks shot into own net,etc...

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was as well played a game you could ask for. Really makes you wonder how this same team just disappears at times? Anybody else like that kid Lyubimov's style of play he brings good energy.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
latest
Stadium Series Uni's

mj-laughing.gif

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just as everyone thought, what's the point in watching a game when Hakstol sits two of the most exciting players to watch.....The Flyers came out and put on a defensive clinic on the Habs....

All I can say is Wow.
Maybe the team understands if they don't produce they will get the chair....
Maybe they look at games after a break as just a warm up (at least that's how they play)

I think we can all agree on there is one hell of a lot of inconsistencies with the team. How the hell it seems like no one shows up for a team like the Hurricanes, and then plays shut down hockey against one of the NHL's super powers is just fuckin baffling!!!! :scratch:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers have done that through multiple coaches now. The one consistency has been the player wearing the "C".

Not sure I'm following what you mean.....

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players have come and gone, coaches have come and gone, but the Flyers still can't consistently get up for the lesser teams but seem to show up for the better teams. That's a leadership issue, and the one constant in that area since 2013-2014 has been Giroux as Captain.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players have come and gone, coaches have come and gone, but the Flyers still can't consistently get up for the lesser teams but seem to show up for the better teams. That's a leadership issue, and the one constant in that area since 2013-2014 has been Giroux as Captain.

Sorry I can't totally agree, this team pushed through to make the playoffs last year when they were not supposed to, so obviously the Capt had them believing and ready to play. Am I off on this?

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok, I see what you're saying, and agree....
I said in an earlier post, I was really pissed when they talked to G after a game and out of 6 questions asked, 4 of his answers were, 'I don't know'
How are you driving, and leading your team when your answers are I don't know.....
Light a fire under these guys asses, that is just one part of the 'Captains' job. I maybe wrong, I like G, but I don't agree with answering any question as the team captain with, I don't know!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I can't totally agree, this team pushed through to make the playoffs last year when they were not supposed to, so obviously the Capt had them believing and ready to play. Am I off on this?
The playoffs weren't happening until Ghost came up and saved our season.