• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The playoffs weren't happening until Ghost came up and saved our season.

True but come on man G has played a huge roll in this teams success since he's been here. I believe he is probably a way better leader then we give him credit for, like Psych said in another post when the team is losing we'll blame everybody, the coach and captain are usually the first 2 to come under fire. I've heard over the years a lot of the younger players say he's been a good mentor. I think the mental breakdowns are still a coaching issue, you can only tell and player so much to boost their confidence and show them but it's a coaches job to make sure that player is learning. sorry for the long rant:D

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to keep Luybimov in our line up , seems we play better when he's up. Love to see a hungry kid.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but come on man G has played a huge roll in this teams success since he's been here. I believe he is probably a way better leader then we give him credit for, like Psych said in another post when the team is losing we'll blame everybody, the coach and captain are usually the first 2 to come under fire. I've heard over the years a lot of the younger players say he's been a good mentor. I think the mental breakdowns are still a coaching issue, you can only tell and player so much to boost their confidence and show them but it's a coaches job to make sure that player is learning. sorry for the long rant:D
I like Gee and want to see him succeed because when he does we all benefit from it but its becoming a pattern with the slow starts and the not playing a full 60 minutes and coming out after breaks not skating hard. Lets just say he is a good captain but he is no Jerome Iginla who is a leader as well as a complete player.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three stars of last nights game:

1 Dale Weiss :set the tone with hard hits letting the Habs know they were in for a tough game welcome to the big leagues this is the effort we signed you for
2 Radko Gudas : hitting everything in sight slowing the Habs coming through the neutral zone was key
3 Gee: scoring a huge goal and finally actually getting below the top of the face off circles in the offensive zone

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to keep Luybimov in our line up , seems we play better when he's up. Love to see a hungry kid.
I like Lubi but a lot of time he is totally invisible for long stretches. We need a better 3rd and 4th line if we are ever going to be cup contenders.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coaching plays a roll in it as well as the Captain....
But I believe on the ice the captain can and should play a bigger roll......

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Lubi but a lot of time he is totally invisible for long stretches. We need a better 3rd and 4th line if we are ever going to be cup contenders.

Crappy part is even with center ice package, a lot of times I don't get Flyer's games because they are on MSNBC which wait for it, is not part of my sports package but could be for an extra 40.00 lol.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Gee and want to see him succeed because when he does we all benefit from it but its becoming a pattern with the slow starts and the not playing a full 60 minutes and coming out after breaks not skating hard. Lets just say he is a good captain but he is no Jerome Iginla who is a leader as well as a complete player.

I agree, G is a good guy. Yet he doesn't demand more from his players and he should.

Not to start an all out war with anyone, but I think Simmer should wear the C. G is a great guy, but he strikes me as a more of a my stats guy.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crappy part is even with center ice package, a lot of times I don't get Flyer's games because they are on MSNBC which wait for it, is not part of my sports package but could be for an extra 40.00 lol.
Oh man that stinks i got the center ice package but at least 12 of the games are against local teams plus the games on MSNBC so im paying the full cost for about 55 games

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching plays a roll in it as well as the Captain....
But I believe on the ice the captain can and should play a bigger roll......

I hear ya, I just think at this point there is enough blame for all. If G pumped them up to play like that then Kudo's to him, but if that is the teams compete level to their potential then they all should be held accountable. I just hope this get's them going for good, even if they lose games there should be no reason for them to completely vanish in games. Fingers crossed.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man that stinks i got the center ice package but at least 12 of the games are against local teams plus the games on MSNBC so im paying the full cost for about 55 games

Yea it's the hostage cable takeover routine! Money, money, money lol.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was as well played a game you could ask for. Really makes you wonder how this same team just disappears at times? Anybody else like that kid Lyubimov's style of play he brings good energy.

I think he has gotten better as the season has progressed. I don't recall him making many mistakes this year.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya, I just think at this point there is enough blame for all. If G pumped them up to play like that then Kudo's to him, but if that is the teams compete level to their potential then they all should be held accountable. I just hope this get's them going for good, even if they lose games there should be no reason for them to completely vanish in games. Fingers crossed.

But this isn't what is happening.....only a few guys have been held accountable all season.
With both goalies taking the biggest hit when the team decides to call it a day....And there is never a second thought given when the team has bailed on one goalie to put the other in. Yes, his job is to block shots, but when there is absolutely no D....The goalies suffer and also get to pay for that too.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what Kimmo is currently doing but it's about time they bring him in to work with Ghost. Kimmo played much bigger than this size, 5-10 190 lbs because he was one of the best positional dmen I have ever seen. At 5-11, 180 lbs, he needs to learn that part of the game to be successful on the defensive end.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what Kimmo is currently doing but it's about time they bring him in to work with Ghost. Kimmo played much bigger than this size, 5-10 190 lbs because he was one of the best positional dmen I have ever seen. At 5-11, 180 lbs, he needs to learn that part of the game to be successful on the defensive end.

Ghost was a key part last year because of his scoring.....This year they have shut him down, you could be onto something. IMO if he learns to play a little more physical as far as D is concerned, it could open up his chances at scoring a little more. Right now they shut him down on scoring, and they are just bitch slapping him all over on D....It's pretty sad to watch.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ghost was a key part last year because of his scoring.....This year they have shut him down, you could be onto something. IMO if he learns to play a little more physical as far as D is concerned, it could open up his chances at scoring a little more. Right now they shut him down on scoring, and they are just bitch slapping him all over on D....It's pretty sad to watch.
Bottom line is that he needs to hit the gym!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a great idea! :10:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely has the speed and skill. He needs to bulk up to at least 190. He needs to be paired with a defense 1st dman. He and Morin may make a good combo next year.

Maybe someone should slip Hakstal a note and pair him up with Gudas for the time being......

Just a thought