• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot tell you how it angers me when people instantly go on the rampage about this player sucks that player sucks, we need to get rid of so and so...... I mean in an attempt to learn the game I joined several Flyers groups and tried some Fantasy hockey....all that jazz.

I have since last year left 8 groups for the Flyers and was booted out of 2....LOL.
But I just can't stand hearing the bullshit day in and day out. IDK, I have been told it's the Philly fans in general and have been told to ask Mitch Williams if I didn't believe it. After a win, they are all God's and after a loss, the shit talk on our players was just crazy.

I look at it like this,
Last year we were very fortunate to get into the playoffs, and it was nice. We are still in a rebuilding process, and it takes time. Just look at the guys, one week they have a firm grasp on Hakstol's system and the next week they are lucky to have a firm grasp on their own asses. We have a ton of highly regarded kids on the Phantoms that will be coming up within the next year or so and it's only gonna get better. Right now we have the talent, but we also have a lot of holes on each line, and with Hakstol continuously switching lines its rough on the guys, but he's is just seeing if he can get a couple of guys hooked up together that can give that wow factor....Like how G, Ghost, and Voracek click together in OT. There has been some to little success in finding that. And with Ghost, what pro athlete doesn't hit that sophomore slump...Last year no one knew shit about him and he lit everyone up. This year, every time he gets the puck up by the blue line, they rush up and get in his face, and he can't get those shots off like last year. So they are looking for him to step up on D, and he is struggling there big time. To which Hakstol has sat him twice, and rightfully so. Ghost does lack the physicality for D at times and it shows.
But there is tons of talent on this team, but there are also a lot of holes.....Will we make the playoffs again, probably. But the team is gonna have to fight like hell to get in, and they probably won't make it out of the first round.....But again, we probably shouldn't be there, but IMO we will be!!!!
I hope you are right here but i just dont see any fight from these guys. If they played with fight and passion i wouldnt mind losing but when they are gliding around not hitting anyone not standing up for your own goalie it makes me think they have lost the passion. hopefully tonight they realize it and wake up and get two points.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you are right here but i just dont see any fight from these guys. If they played with fight and passion i wouldnt mind losing but when they are gliding around not hitting anyone not standing up for your own goalie it makes me think they have lost the passion. hopefully tonight they realize it and wake up and get two points.

Yea, I definitely agree with you on that.....
That's why I don't understand the scratches for tonight's game.
Scratch the whole team, they all played like shit the other day!!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I definitely agree with you on that.....
That's why I don't understand the scratches for tonight's game.
Scratch the whole team, they all played like shit the other day!!!!
That would be funny if they brought up the Phantoms and sent the flyers down for a game. :pound:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be funny if they brought up the Phantoms and sent the flyers down for a game. :pound:

It would teach the whole lot of them a lesson.

I just don't get it, yes Ghost fucked up on Tuesday, and so did Konecny,

BUT so did G, so did Voracek, Provy, Bellemare, Manning, Cousins....Who are we kidding, they all fucked up at one point or another in the game....

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though i ripped this team because they deserve it i dont think its Hakstol. The base core of this team has been through enough coaches now where i have to start putting the leadership of the players in question.

Idk I think Haks still has too much of a college mentality. He needs to realize a lot of his players want game plans and stratagies to learn. They should know the game by now. Also other coaches are responsible like our defense. How can they not see it isn't broken?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would teach the whole lot of them a lesson.

I just don't get it, yes Ghost fucked up on Tuesday, and so did Konecny,

BUT so did G, so did Voracek, Provy, Bellemare, Manning, Cousins....Who are we kidding, they all fucked up at one point or another in the game....

Well in all fairness Ghost has had a horrid season so far. He needs a gym bad in the off season.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in all fairness Ghost has had a horrid season so far. He needs a gym bad in the off season.

It hasn't been great, but he also has the disadvantage of everyone has scouted him, and knows what to expect from him.....What's the rest of the teams excuse???

Just as next year Provy and Konecny will struggle.....

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk I think Haks still has too much of a college mentality. He needs to realize a lot of his players want game plans and stratagies to learn. They should know the game by now. Also other coaches are responsible like our defense. How can they not see it isn't broken?
Most of core players have been through at least three different coaches. When do the core players take any blame?

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015-16 Philadelphia Flyers NHL 64 17 29 46 24 8
2016-17 Philadelphia Flyers NHL 48 4 17 21 22 -19

His numbers are about the same as last season with a few differences.
And a lot of that has to do with him getting scouted and teams ready for him this year as opposed to last year.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of core players have been through at least three different coaches. When do the core players take any blame?

And we are not going to get anywhere if we change coaches every other year!!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015-16 Philadelphia Flyers NHL 64 17 29 46 24 8
2016-17 Philadelphia Flyers NHL 48 4 17 21 22 -19

His numbers are about the same as last season with a few differences.
And a lot of that has to do with him getting scouted and teams ready for him this year as opposed to last year.
one huge difference is the 17 goals compared to 4 this year

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hasn't been great, but he also has the disadvantage of everyone has scouted him, and knows what to expect from him.....What's the rest of the teams excuse???

Just as next year Provy and Konecny will struggle.....
I hope Prov and TK dont struggle next year i hope they get better.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one huge difference is the 17 goals compared to 4 this year

Very true, I think it was you who I was talking to earlier....

Every time they send the puck to Ghost at the blue line this year someone is always rushing up to get in his face!!! Last year they just left him all alone up there!!!!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Prov and TK dont struggle next year i hope they get better.

I don't see them struggling, but teams will know better how to set up and play the both of them. It happens to every second year player in any sport!!!

Bet on the fact as cocky as Konecny is, he will get hit a lot more and a lot harder.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true, I think it was you who I was talking to earlier....

Every time they send the puck to Ghost at the blue line this year someone is always rushing up to get in his face!!! Last year they just left him all alone up there!!!!
He seemed to be a lot faster last year also but it may be my imagination.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seemed to be a lot faster last year also but it may be my imagination.

No, your right.....
But I think with him getting benched 3 times now has really messed with his confidence and he is questioning himself more and it is slowing his game. He hesitates like a mother instead of taking off, or taking a shot. This is why I do not agree with this scratch shit. In his case it is doing him more harm than good.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forget what game it was, but I was so pissed with G for his answers to the questions after the game....
I mean G is the team leader and he don't have to have the answers, but he answered 4 out of 6 questions with, I don't know.....

WTF is that.....Way to take the lead there Dude.
And that could be a lot of the reason for the slip after breaks, leadership is lacking....
Make up a bullshit answer, something....Your answer should not be I don't know in a post game interview in your own locker room.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Def not saying they are without blame. Problem I see is this is supposed to be rebuilding from within the system, yet players such as weiss etc get brought in for what purpose? Seriously, who is Bellemare, Manning, mac, Dz? These are allAhl caliber players. I say fuck the playoffs and give the up and coming kids their experience and see who's going to pan out.